Switch between PCM & Dolby Audio

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mpfeifer, Feb 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. mpfeifer

mpfeifer New Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Is there a way to force the switch between PCM and Dolby Audio when navigating channels? It seems my Roamio will start in PCM mode even though Dolby Audio is selected. If I change to PCM and back to dolby, the speaker gets DD 5.1. I also found if I have the dvr go to sleep and wake back up, it seems DD 5.1 is output again.

DVR -> TV (Hdmi) -> Speaker optical

However, there must be other ways to get Tivo to switch as I have seen it start in stereo but then later switch. The rewind doesn't work, channel navigation doesn't do it...

Thoughts? Thanks
    Mark

2. mbernste

mbernste Active Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Piscataway, NJ
    Why not do optical from the Roamio to the speaker?

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Stop using Standby/Power Saving.

Also, when there is no active video with a DD sound track, a TE3 Roamio will drop to PCM. A TE4 Roamio will just stop audio output.

rpiotro likes this.
  4. mpfeifer

mpfeifer New Member

Sep 15, 2007
    thanks. So if I don’t use the stand by it seems my te4 will drop to pcm. I think it has to do with the tv being turned off. I do have the hdmi Cec turned on.

So if the TiVo doesn’t have power saving on and I turn off the tv, when I turned it back on it ha only pcm. I have to adjust the setting to pcm and then dd to get it back to dd 5.1.

If the TiVo is on power saving, I turn the tv on and then wake TiVo. It is dd.

If I use the TiVo button then TiVo wakes and turns the TiVo on but it is pcm

Thoughts?
    Thx
    Mark

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I can't add anything to my original post. I don't use Standby, Power Saving or CEC.