Swapping S2 for THD .. Activate Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by TommyMac, Oct 1, 2007.

1. TommyMac

TommyMac New Member

Jan 26, 2007

Advertisements

I am swapping out an existing S2 for a new THD on my account. I have a truck roll scheduled for Saturday to install the CableCARDs. I want to have my THD up and running and updated w/ the latest software before then but I do not want to deactivate my S2 until the CableCARDs are installed. So my question is:

Is there a "free trial" window (like 7 days or so) on the THD that would allow me to get the updates and get everything running before I have to switch the service numbers on my account and deactivate my current S2?

Thanks,
    Tommy

2. MikeyB

MikeyB Distracted Member

Jan 7, 2005
    VA
    Nothing like a trial that I know of. Why couldn't you swap the units before Saturday? SPs and other setting would be a pain, but no reason you can't swap before the truck arrives.

3. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I believe you have a few days where the new TiVo will nag you to activate before it stops working. If you disconnect the S2 from phone/ethernet right before you swap the TSN's then the S2 should keep working for at least a week anyway, since it won't know you have disconnected its service.

4. TommyMac

TommyMac New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Thanks for the info. I will give that a shot.

5. MikeyB

MikeyB Distracted Member

Jan 7, 2005
    VA

Advertisements

Good idea Arcady. I didn't think about just disconnecting the S2 from the phone/network.

6. DeathRider

DeathRider New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Boston Area RCN
    I too have swapped a THD from a S2.

Haven't activated yet, says I have 7 days left.

If I swap the service, I know the S2 won't record anymore. I just want to be able to watch what's on it. IIRC, I can.

Another thing. Since it was soo long ago I had a real PitA time to get the remote setup:rolleyes: