svr 2000 image?

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by terrywick4, Aug 9, 2013.

1. terrywick4

terrywick4 New Member

Aug 9, 2013
    My svr 2000 hard drive took a dump. I can't find my back-up (lost in flood I presume). Tried to use instacake but it wants to copy a hard drive that doesn't work. . . anyone have a copy of the svr-image I could get?

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
  3. terrywick4

terrywick4 New Member

Aug 9, 2013
    I am only using a 80 g hard drive, is very frustrating. Instacake is of no (there customer support is very bad) help with there software but then It is trying to copy the bad hard drive instead of giving one what is needed to restore.

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    I am a bit surprised, as the whole idea of InstantCake is that it provides an image. If you just wanted to copy, the tools for that are free. I wonder if you're misunderstanding the instructions.

5. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    To use the image I posted the dropbox link for, burn yourself a copy of the MFS Live cd v1.4.

You should be able to download the .iso from mfslive.org, if not

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49887720/mfslive-1.4.iso

and remember to burn it as an image, or it won't be bootable.

Also, it won't lead you through the process step by step--for that, you'll have to read the stuff at mfslive.org on how to do it and/or ask questions here.

6. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    The image is on the Instantcake CD, as a big file simply named 0001

7. ciper

ciper Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    I LOVED my SVR-2000 so don't get me wrong but, why do you want to keep this thing running? I regularly find lifetime series 2 units at the thrift stores and they are vastly superior.