Survivors on BBCAmerica

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by ytsemike, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ytsemike

ytsemike Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Evansville, IN

Advertisements

If you've been relying on a Season Pass to catch new eps of Survivors on BBCAmerica, you may want to watch out for this (at least on a TiVoHD):

The Season Pass I had been using for the last few weeks showed that a new episode (S2E01) is playing on Tuesday night (3/23) instead of the usual Saturday night. But that's it...no episodes after that.

I checked the schedule on BBCAmerica and on TiVo, and sure enough, there's another new episode on Tues 3/30 (S2E02). But the current Season Pass isn't picking it up.

I did Search by Title, and sure enough, there are two entries for Survivors. So I looked at the second one, and it has the lone episode for S2E02 on Tues 3/30. So I set up a 2nd season pass to make sure I get that ep as well...and then let whichever is the correct Season Pass long-term stand up.

Isn't that weird? I could sort of see the 2nd series starting this Tuesday requiring a new Season Pass based on some obscure criterion. But both the first and second series appear to be identically named, and the current Season Pass catches the first ep of the 2nd series, while the new Season Pass starts with the second ep of the 2nd series.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have an HD Tivo and the schedule held up OK. This is for the non HD version of BBCA.

3. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    Thanks for the heads up. Mine did the same thing. I set up another SP.

We don't get BBC America in HD yet, so this was on the SD version on Comcast.

4. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Dish just got HD a few weeks ago!

5. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004

Advertisements

I think the TiVo is acting this way because the episodes don't have the same genre settings. The 3/23 episode is "Action Adventure, Drama" while the 3/30 episode is "Science Fiction".

6. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks for the "Heads-up". It helped me check my TiVo to make sure everything was scheduled properly. We don't have HD BBC America yet.

7. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I thought my SP was working until I noticed it was running out of shows. The first show of the second season showed up on one pass and the second show of the second season was a different listing.

meh

8. ytsemike

ytsemike Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Evansville, IN
    Yet more Survivors Season Pass weirdness...

My "new" Season Pass which picked up the 3/30 ep is not picking up the 4/06 ep...the "old" Season pass is picking it up.

Glad I didn't delete the old Season Pass...wonder how long it will be before this stabilizes and we're back to one Season Pass? Maybe this 3/30 is a one-time glitch due to the genre classifications that tivogurl pointed out...

9. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    Well it turns out, the "old" Season Pass, has completely "bombed-out" and will NOT pick-up Season 2 Episodes.

So, after Episode 201 (#1 of Season 2), I had to create a new Season Pass.

That's on Series 2 TiVo.

Totally Weird.

Of course, all my programming has been acting weird lately, like having to create a New Season Pass for Motorweek, but that's a different story.

It's just aggravating...

10. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Survivors seems to be on two season passes for me also. That means it will be in two groups.

11. kmcorbett

kmcorbett Member

Dec 7, 2002
    Newton MA
    Well this is weird: Our program guide (Comcast Boston) has showings on 3/30 and 3/31 for an episode entitled "Greater Love". That title and the plot synopsis are from the original series circa 1976.

12. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    oooh, could that be happening? could they be showing the 1971 series?

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Was there a 3/30 episode? My TiVo didn't record one. I guess I have to create a new SP and torrent last night's episode.

14. kmcorbett

kmcorbett Member

Dec 7, 2002
    Newton MA
    The episode I recorded (which I have not watched, only skimmed through) is from the current series, S2E2 I believe, *not* the episode from the old series.

15. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    There was an episode at 6 PST on the 30th. I think it may repeat though. Search for survivors and you may find two entries for it.

16. Brainiac 5

Brainiac 5 New Member

Aug 24, 2003
    Columbia,...
    Hm, I hadn't been reading this forum much lately and missed it. It looks like it was repeated twice later that night, but it doesn't seem to be currently scheduled to be shown again... (If I'm wrong, please tell me, I'd be quite happy!)

17. deandashl

deandashl New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I've found that happens on BBC shows. Happened to me with Skins too. It's that whole "series" vs. "seasons" thing they do over there.

18. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    Well, a "Series" is a "Season" of course for the Brits.

But I also wonder if it has to do with whoever gives us our program information?

19. Brainiac 5

Brainiac 5 New Member

Aug 24, 2003
    Columbia,...
    What's odd is that I never changed my season pass and so missed this Tuesday's episode, but all future episodes now seem to scheduled to record just fine.

20. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    It was only on Tuesday? Did you try BBCA web page? Sometimes the shows are reshown on the channel's web page. (I hate watching shows on my laptop.)