Survivor: We're in the Majors S40 E7 OAD 03/25/20

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by brianric, Mar 26, 2020 at 3:05 AM.

1. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Sorry, Sandra, you are not still the Queen anymore. Yes, you are the only two-time winner in Survivor, but you lost that right IMO to say you're still the Queen by quitting the game.

2. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    She won't be for long! :) Thought the episode was kind of "meh" (especially compared to the last one).

3. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I'm bummed that all the old timers are now out and dreading how this is going to play at the end when one of them is back in the game and they have a majority on the jury.

I understand why he did it, but it had to suck for the rest when Rob found 3 coins and then didn't tell anyone which no doubt had the rest of them searching in vain for hours. I wonder if he told Amber. :)

Not at all surprised that Sandra split. She is nothing if not pragmatic. I still think she would have been the perfect person to take to the very end. I don't believe there's much risk of a bitter jury like the one that gave her the 2nd win and I don't believe there was a single one of the other 19 players that would have given her a 3rd win.

4. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I felt she quit last week.

stile99 likes this.
  5. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Sandra has always come off as smug to me and her quitting here felt like a "sore loser" move to me. How does she know that the challenge would not be something she could do? I wonder if Probst deal with her to come back was that if she was voted off, she would just go home.

I get the feeling, once again that the winner of this game sits on Redemption Island (or whatever they are calling it), unless they bring back the RI player before the jury is formed (which to me, is the ideal scenario, because it eliminates the possibility of schmoozing the jury), which I doubt is going to be the case, since Jeff wants these people around as long as possible.

To me the most interesting players are the newer players who seem to have a much better understanding on how to play now. The game is really skewed to them.

LlamaLarry, stile99 and Zephyr like this.
  6. lparsons21

lparsons21 Active Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Sandra knows she couldn’t do virtually any challenge. I can find no record of her ever winning one but I can sure find plenty of comments about how many she sits out!

stile99 likes this.
  7. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm super bummed about Yul. Not only was he my number one pick in my fantasy league, but he was also the last old schooler in the game. It actually seemed like he had maneuvered himself into a good position, but things sure can change fast in this game. That's the problem with such small tribes. There isn't really anywhere to hide. I wonder if they voted him out because he was just a bit too clever with his fire token idea, or if it simply came down to a new school/old school thing.

kettledrum and stellie93 like this.
  8. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    I recall liking Wendell during his season, this time he's coming across as something of a jerk.

I was also rooting for Yul. Once again a strong player gets taken out by pushing just a leetle too hard.

Wasn't a big Sandra fan, won't miss her. Even though it's within the rules to sit out challenge after challenge, something about it rubs me the wrong way.

With Yul gone, now rooting for Sara.

Martha likes this.
  9. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Not a single old schooler made the merge. They clearly came into the game with a disadvantage. Not only were they outnumbered by the new schoolers, but many of them also had huge targets on their backs because they were high profile players that had played multiple times. It also seemed like the new schoolers as a whole felt like they had something to prove.

At this point I'm rooting for Jeremy to win.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  10. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Yul's whole thought about the fire tokens didn't even make sense though. He was trying to come up with a way that Michelle would get Wendell's tokens if Wendell were voted out. Wendell would likely be pissed and give his tokens to anyone that was NOT one of those 3 ... just like what Yul did when he left.

11. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    Damn. Even I thought she would last more than 30 seconds.

EoE: We're given nothing, we work for everything.
    Sandra: Bye!

12. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    From Jeff’s weekly post-game interview with Dalton Ross:
    Merge time! What can you tell us about next week’s merge episode?

It’s not just the merge… it’s the Get Back In The Game challenge! And it’s dramatic!!

kettledrum and stellie93 like this.
  13. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Well she did sit on her thrown while sitting out every challenge. :D

14. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    One other point about the old schoolers. Remember they are also older for the most part and as any athlete knows, that transition from your 20s to your 30s can take a toll. So many of them would have more trouble competing, especially as the individual challenges began.

I always liked the way Tony played and out of the rest of the bunch, he's someone I will watch. I'm kind of rooting for Michelle, as I think she's playing a good game at this point.

15. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Or could it be your NJ bias? ;)

16. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
  17. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Yes I get this feeling as well. I can see Jeff all excited about the huge comeback.

I wondering if Michelle and Wendell aren't conning everyone. Not that they are together, but in a secret alliance. They would become targets, if there is any sniff of that at all. Michelle is a favorite, if it isn't an old school comeback because this play will be viewed as brilliant and she keeps talking about her controversial win.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  18. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm guessing Sandra negotiated a deal that guaranteed her a certain amount of money regardless of how she finished in the game. There is no way she would have quit if it potentially cost her money.

betts4 likes this.
  19. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I don't know about thaaaat :D

WaW pick best winner ever - most choose Sandra

tl;dr: Adam, Danni, Denise, Kim, Natalie, Nick and Tyson (as well as a half vote from Michele) vote for Sandra.

20. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I agree. I think this is all an act and they are in a super tight alliance, and all of this is a big show to throw everyone off of thinking they are a pair. That's been my theory since last week.

Family likes this.