Survivor "Taste The Victory" OAD 10/12/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Oct 12, 2011.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    That really was a disgusting challenge.
    I don't know why they didn't just vote out Ozzie. He is a huge threat to win the game. They don't need his strength (I would think the other big guy on their tribe is stronger than he is)

2. dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    I disagree... while they (the producers) are painting Ozzy as aloof, he is providing, I think this will be the turning point like where the tribe voted off Jimmy Johnson just because they could, and then disintegrated. And more important, I would rather see Elise than a geeky Cochran. :D

3. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Christine only barely won that, maybe editing added more drama. Elise just expected to be carried to the end, Ozzy expected to be taking her. He has to turn it around. No way can he feel in control. Coach and Ozzy have dramically shifted places in their tribes.

Hope they can call a truce and stop dumping hotties.

4. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Jimmy Johnson was never a threat to win. He was good for morale and they should have kept him. But just like Boston Rob, they are going to keep Ozzie around and he's going to waltz away with the prize.

5. Tivortex

Tivortex Cherished Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Colorado
    Elise said she was betrayed by several people, but in fact she was betrayed by no one. 2 of the 3 that voted her off were not specifically in alliance with her, Ozzie. It was Ozzie that was betrayed.

The two that voted for Dawn(?) threw Oz under the bus just as sure as if they voted for Elise. How dumb can you be to see a 5 to 2 majority and then be afraid that Ozzie won't trust you afterward? Who cares? He's next.

(Can you tell I don't care for Emperor Ozzie?) :D

6. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Totally agree...I just don't understand why they didn't go for the bigger play, or why it wasn't even a discussion for this week. There's so much potential for things to go wrong (including Upolu winning a string of immunity challenges) that it made no sense to wait. Why send Ozzy a direct message by voting out Elyse when you can vote out Ozzy and have the same effect? Doing so now would also further increase the likelihood that he'd lose at Redemption Island eventually.

While they do need his prowess in certain areas, I'd call the lack of fish a small price to pay for his ouster. *shrug*

7. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I think what they did, voting out Elyse and keeping Ozzy, was a reasonable gamble.

However... (spoilers from previews)
    Looks like Ozzy is going to go into full-blown "screw you guys" mode and become a team of 1, perhaps even not giving his all in a challenge. I hope not.

That pig challenge was totally disgusting and Cochran truly has zero social skills when removed from his own kind. WTF pointing out to his team that they all just potentially shared more than spit?

8. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    I wouldn't be happy sharing meat from someone elses mouth, not even from a family member.

9. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    It's Survivor. People do a lot of things that they're not happy about for the chance at $1,000,000.

10. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I can't believe they were all excited to get that basket of pig meat, after seeing everything they spit into them. :eek:

11. heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Compared to what they'd already done, eating the meat after washing and cooking it must have seemed fairly unoffensive, especially considering they're probably starved for protein.

12. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Like it or not Stacey did "stir things up" by her tirade. She got both tribes to think about Coach's and Ozzie's positions.

I agree with Cochran that Ozzie has become an arrogant jungle boy.

That challange was disgusting from start to finish. And then to "give" them the meat as a reward....brilliant!

13. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    It was a travesty taking such a beautifully roast leg of pig and tearing it up like that! ;) That challenge truly was the grossest they've ever had, IMO.

I agree, they should have ousted Ozzie, but I'm not sure they had the votes. I don't think that one dude (Kevin?) would have voted for Ozzie. I think if the consensus had been for Ozzie, both of the "Dawn votes" would have gone towards Cochrane.

14. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    So wait... Coach has been called "Coach" since he was 18...and by his parents?

Really?

15. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Loved that they wouldn't call him Coach. Only would have been better had he been there!

16. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Maybe they should have given them the other tribes meat. Now that would have been interesting.

17. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I don't understand why Whitney and Keith thought that voting for Dawn, instead of Elyse, would somehow not piss Ozzy off? Anything that makes him realize he's not in control is going to shake him up and make him distrust his alliance. What are they planning on doing when they get back to camp? "Oops. We got confused! Had to flush the idol? I forgot Cochrans first name."?

I think Team Jim and Cochran did it right. Ozzy will still have to prove himself in challenges to stay until merge. If he doesn't, they'll simply vote him off. Ozzy should realize this. It's either play our way or go home for him now.

18. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Thought for sure that Stacy would win on RI. Denise seemed to be fumbling much earlier. Probably just editing. Although the one thing that Stacy did poorly was in just grabbing another ball and sending it going without thinking about it. She had better hand-eye skills, but not better planning skills.

19. heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Same here. She was operating like a robot without so much as a bobble right up until she missed it completely.

Too bad, I was rooting for her.