Survivor: South Pacific "Reap What You Sow" OAD 2011-09-28

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Sep 28, 2011.

1. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Harumph, I really though Brandon was toast this week given how much time was spent on his tribe. Nonetheless, he just made it worse for himself again this week. The reveal was pointless and there just isn't any upside to it for him.

Not really sorry to see Pappa Bear go and he might have a shot at hanging around at RI for a while. He has had the bad luck to be stuck in a clear last place physically and the combo challenges always seem to have a big element of physical in them. Nice try at faking the idol, but not even close to good enough.

I'm liking this season. Happy++ that they're back in the South Pacific!

2. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I like the cast for the most part. Glad they can have real water challenges. The old fake idol in your pants didn't work.

3. dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Brandon is a psycho... part of the challenge was one Ozzy did in fans vs. favs... the fake idol did fake out Jim :D

4. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I'm sick of Brandon, he can go anytime.

5. Hexerott

Hexerott New Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Brandon and Ozzy need to go. I can't stand either of them. If Ozzie was any higher on himself he would need a medical marijuana card.

6. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    thank goodness the poetess is gone.

8. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    What was with the "everybody wait while I ramble for a while"???? SOOO glad she's gone!

I don't know about Papa Bear sticking around on RI for any length of time. He showed no aptitude for challenges that I could see whatsoever. And if he ran like that as a cop chasing somebody, I could see them stopping and laughing at him! Reminded me of the Modern Family where Cameron was running after the football and Mitchell says, "Hands!". :D

9. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    I loved Jeff's expression while he was waiting for her to finish. :p

But what the hell kind of "spoken word" thing was that? "I'll pop out 10 babies for my man without drugs, and then for good measure I'll pop out one more"? WTF :confused: :eek:

Good riddance.

Brandon will be gone the next time purple tribe loses. Cochran will be gone the next time orange tribe loses. Not too much surprise there.

10. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    That was great! I had to pause it there to stop laughing. I had no doubt at all that Christine would win.

I like the new game with RI losers going home instead of what they did last season, but why even bother? Just send the losers home and skip RI completely.

11. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    Why were you so sure? I expected Semhar would win because she seems more calm and would be able to focus without losing her nerve as much, but I would not have said I had no doubt she was going to win if she did.

12. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    I expected Christine to win because it seemed to me that Semhar had already checked out of the game.

13. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    LOL! Yes!

14. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Seriously... he looked like he was trying to dance or something. :)

15. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I agree. When I saw what the challenge was I thought either of them had a shot. If it had been a more physical challenge I'd have written Semhar off.

16. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    I didn't see her as calm as much as in Shock!!! She is a basket case. One of the least capable people that has ever been on the show. She is a pretty pagent girl that I imagine has never worked a day in her life. She is now a poet? ugh... She brings nothing to the table in the game, nor in life.

I think Christine can last thru Papa Bear and Cocharen, but maybe not against anyone else. Except... she might get emotionally stronger after winning a third challenge and just cowboy up and pull a Matt. She never had 'hurt feelings' so there might be a chance she handles the Redemtion Island portion very well.

17. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    She didn't seem calm to me.

I also see Christine as a stronger person mentally and physically. Last week as soon as they snuffed her torch I was thinking she was going to win over Semhar.

18. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Last season worked the same way as it's working this season. Loser of RI challenge goes home.

19. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    I think betts4 is referring to the 'going home speech' that Jeff would prompt from them after the RI challenge. Now Jeff says Bye, but last season, starting with Russell, there was a going home speech. That got old.

20. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I actually told my wife she could be his daughter.

[​IMG]