Survivor: South Pacific OAD 2011-11-09

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Nov 9, 2011 #1 of 44
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    2 tribals and no redemption challenge. Of the myriad things I didn't like about Redemption Island last season, having more than 2 people in a challenge where only the last place goes home was the worst. I guess it's happening again. Sucks.

The righteous indignation from Ozzy and Jim is pretty delicious. :) There are 3 strong men at RI now. I don't think Ozzy has quite the lock on things as he might think.

The most amazing thing is that Coach has emerged as the undisputed and mostly unchallenged leader. Who of us would have predicted that on week 1?

<crickets>

Exactly. Well done Coach.

2. Nov 9, 2011 #2 of 44
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Boring hour. BORING. Even with 2 eliminations. And I hate they are bringing back the worst (IMO) part of RI: Extending it beyond the merge and now having 3 people there. At least either Jim, Ozzy or Keith will get the boot next week.

3. Nov 9, 2011 #3 of 44
    dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Going to be boring till all the Savaii are gone, then Upolu starts eating their own with a meal of cockroach hopefully first... but won't happen unless they wake up and stop drinking the Coach koolaid ;)

4. Nov 9, 2011 #4 of 44
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

I thought I read somewhere that they aren't doing that style. They will have a multi-person competition, but there will be a winner and everyone else goes home. We'll see.

5. Nov 9, 2011 #5 of 44
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Which will likely put Cochran in a great position as they look to fight amongst themselves.

And as much as Jim was an a-hole, he was right in that Albert and Sophie are on the outside looking in. They need to make a move BEFORE the other tribe is all gone or they won't have the numbers to do it.

6. Nov 9, 2011 #6 of 44
    steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I'd like to know what Ozzy wrote on his parchment.

[​IMG]

:D

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I was thinking this too. If they had done it, man, it would have changed the game. But, it has been suggested in other games by other players of the outnumbered tribe, but not sold.

8. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    Pretty funny how Jim preached about integrity and then . . . didn't honor his word to Ozzy to give him the immuity idol.

9. Gene S

Gene S Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Belleville, IL
    I lost respect for him a few weeks back when he threw a hissy fit when his tribe voted out his girl.

Then last night, it looks like he made a slur out of Cochrans name. :rolleyes:

How does he still have fans?

When things don't go his way he takes it personally, forgetting these are game moves.

Him and his whole tribe were upset, because Cochran messed up THEIR game. But you join Survivor to play YOUR OWN game. Why would anyone think that someone else is there to sacrifice themselves, to further others?

10. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    The predictable vote at the 2nd tribal was boring. At least Jeff speed-read through the votes. I've never seen him fly through the cards so fast!

I liked the exchange where someone (?) said to Cochran "How many times do you get a chance to vote off Ozzy" and he answered "Apparently two". :D Highlights exactly why this whole Redemption Island thing sucks and is a horrible addition to this show. I'm curious to see what Dalton will say about it this week.

I agree that Jim actually had a valid argument about the outsiders Albert and Sophie. I wish he'd been able to sell his plan better. But he's such an obnoxious prick that I think no one wants him around.

He was also right about Cochran playing the perfect "third place" game. :p

As to "why people still like Ozzy"... well, I don't. But I have respect for his skills at challenges and in providing food for his tribe. But I've also seen enough of him and his whiny tantrums. :rolleyes:

And enough of the Coach "Tai Chi" poses on the beach stuff!!!! :eek:

That was some melt-down at tribal by Whitney. But let's find a new word for "vilified
    ", m'Kay? That's gotten a little overused.

11. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I was wondering while watching why they were doing two eliminations in one episode, but given the 'no surprise, no drama' way they turned out, I SO glad they did that and not dragged them out just to fill time.

Jeff (paraphrasing): Coach, still wish you were in the challenge?
    Benjamin chuckles, almost doing a spit-take.
    Jeff: Ya, I thought so.

:D

12. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Ding, ding! I couldn't have worded it better. This is exactly my take on the attitudes of some of the people in this game. Why the hell would somebody play along with a plan that helps you but doesn't really help them?

13. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    I'm sure he meant it the way you decribe but he could also be referring to the fact that Ozzy has played this game before and been voted off that season as well.

14. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    Just like name-calling. Pretty juvenile.

The folks who cornered Cochran and raked him over the coals are diggin their own graves. Why would you burn bridges like that? Poor game play. And, seriously, after treating him so poorly they expect him to play the gave to their advantage. Seriously?

I loved it when Brandon popped his head in to make sure nobody was getting "too aggressive" with Cochran.

I liked Coach's counter to Jim's "sure-fire" persuasive argument - something about not allowing a person to get bashed for sticking up for themselves. Jim completely over-valued his effectiveness at changing the tribe's decision.

15. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Wow I didn't even notice that that was blurred out when I was watching the episode. I really thought it just said "Coc". :)

16. heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I think Jim could have had an impact if he had saved his speech until immediately before the vote. Wait for Jeff to say "It's time to vote" and then get up and be all passionate about voting for honor and then (without any foreshadowing) give the necklace to Ozzy and sit down.

It still probably wouldn't have worked, but better than the big nothing he accomplished.

17. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I don't think Jim's speech would have worked whenever he said it. I didn't understand Whitney's break down except that maybe it finally hit and she realized that she/they really had lost.

I was rooting for Ozzie and his team at the beginning but as things unfolded Coach seems to have a more unified "family". Even Brandon seems to be tolerated better than Cochran was in the other tribe.

18. veruca salt

veruca salt I want it NOW!!

Jun 30, 2007
    Does anyone here "know" tai chi? Is Coach really "doing" tai chi? Or is he just making fluid movements between his "poses"?

19. heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I think that's the very definition of Tai Chi. :)

To be a bit more serious, I would be surprised if Coach is faking it.

20. Tivortex

Tivortex Cherished Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Colorado
    No form of Tai Chi that I'm aware of features tightly clinched fists.