Survivor:South Pacific OAD 11/16/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jradosh, Nov 17, 2011.

1. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    So why didn't they "shake things up" and flip the vote?

Now we have to suffer through scenes of Coach and Cochran doing "Tai Chi" on the beach?!?! :mad:

I'd really like to see someone wipe the smug off Ozzy's face!

Go cowboy Rick!!! :D

2. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I liked the strategy analysis from Coach about how you shouldn't let the person on the bottom know or feel like they're on the bottom. Something that Ozzy never seemed to understand.

3. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    what is even more frustrating is why "make a big move" means voting out Edna!

You want to make a big move against Coach, you vote out COACH, you idiot!

4. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    yup.

5. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I was wondering this also. Coach out would have been a great blindside. Wheeee!

6. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    It wasn't the right time to flip for Albert and Sophie. They would have been outnumbered by Savaii members, 3 to 2 if that ended up being the Final Five. Plus possible Ozzie coming back maybe.

7. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    agreed

8. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I gotta give Ozzy some credit though, that speech he made from RI? If it had come from anyone else, I woulda thought, phhhhhhht, yeah whatever dude.

But he does seem to be doing very well for him self out there.

9. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Exactly the same thing I said to my wife as we were watching!

10. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    he is also getting a ton of screen time. To me (guess, not spoiler, I don't know anything), that means he is the one who will come back into the game.

I'm guessing that the winner of the next challenge will go back.

11. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Or anyone one else but Edna, you keep the big bag of suck, she isn't winning anything.

12. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I have to (and I really don't want to) give Coach some credit. He is playing a WAY better game this time and has really become observant.

13. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This seems to be the trend since they started bringing back the old players. For some reason, there seems to be a fear, especially early in the game of voting them out, and then they become the leaders. I say, like in any competition like this, if you take off the head, the body flails around. The head in this case is Coach, blindside him and change up the whole game. In the end, they all chickened out anyway.

14. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    It would be interesting to see Coach v Ozzy in the final. I think it would go down the same as the last time Ozzy made it to the final. Game play trumps challenge prowess and Coach wins.

15. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    You know, I'm really hating what the producers are doing to Survivor (and if some of this was repeated in last week's thread I apologize, I am just catching up now).

First they have TWO episodes in one week, then a double elimination the next. It's like, hurry up, we want to get rid of the other tribe as fast as we can. Then, they resurrect Redemption Island part 2, where Ozzie just might prove how bad an idea this is. He could actually run the table at RI and then come into the game, win the final immunity challenge and win the whole thing. So you may wind up with someone voted out of the game TWICE, winning the game. I just don't like it. He's right, this actually may work out so much better for him than actually playing the game. And I, I don't recall, but did they have a 3 person Redemption Island challenge last season (perhaps the last one?) I don't like that either. It is so much in Ozzie's favor, as he has to do less challenges to get back in the game.

I like the idea of RI for the first half of the game, but after the merge, it needs to go.

16. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    So all season the local Country station talks with Whitney every thursday, they pretty much promote it all Wednesday and Thursday. Last week not a word was said, same this week so I emailed them and asked what happened to their interview with Whitney. They said she had secretly gotten married before going on the show. She hooked up with Keith and dumped her husband as soon as she got home. CBS has her on lockdown.

17. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Thank goodness they didn't implement Jim's idea of super-secret double-redemption island (SSDRI). Maybe next season... :p

18. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    wow...I didn't know she was married...dumped her husband?! wow..

sorry about the stupid post...but WOW! :eek:

19. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    They had at least 2 or 3 last season and only the last place finisher went home. At least this season only the winner stays.

20. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    No Ponderosa this year??? Bummer.