Survivor South Pacific 10/26/2011 - "Trojan Horse"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by InterMurph, Oct 26, 2011.

1. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    Ozzie just made the dumbest move in the history of Survivor.

There is no guarantee that the merge is tomorrow.

Even if the merge is tomorrow, there is no guarantee that the winner of the next Redemption Island challenge will rejoin the tribe.

Even if the next RI winner rejoins the tribe, there is no guarantee that Ozzie can win the next challenge, as the RI challenges don't tend to reward strength or agility.

And even if Ozzie wins the next challenge, there is no guarantee that he will then rejoin the game. With 11 Survivors left, it could be 18 or 21 more days before that happens; which means that Ozzie might have to win 6 or 7 RI challenges!

Not only that, but Ozzie blew the chance for what I believe would have been the first-ever unanimous Tribal Council vote.

Historically idiotic.

2. dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Exactly ... this tribe is insane, Cochran should have been snuffed... Christine would likely side with Savaii anyway as she hates Coach...

3. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Ozzy was always good in challenges and fishing but never good at playing the game. Christine has also been very good at challenges and for Ozzy (and the rest of them) to automatically assume he would win easily is dumb. I hope he's one and done on RI. Good riddance.

4. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    I think Ozzy has gone absolutely insane. What a bad idea this was.

tk

5. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I liked Coach a lot better when he was all about being the Dragonslayer and embracing the Warrior Spirits and what not.

Prayer Circle Coach is lame.

6. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    How can that be possible? I thought you couldn't vote for yourself.

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I just sat there at the end saying "wow". Just "wow". What did Ozzie do.

Question is, did Jim and Keith vote Ozzie just to help get rid of him?

I was hoping during the Redemption Island challenge that when Ozzie and Cochran heard Albert yelling at Mikala, and Jeff pointed it out, that they might start yelling to Christine and helping her. That would help sway her to their side.

8. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Yeah, it was annoying when he was running around after the challenge, grabbing his teammates and yelling, "GET ON YOUR KNEES"!

And Russell-Jr thinks they have an edge because God is on their tribe. I am sure God isn't worried about who wins Survivor.

9. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I thought he was just telling Sophie that ;)

I agree the move was dumb but if anyone can pull it off, it would be Ozzie. I think he has shown that he can win most challenges and he is very confident that he can win any one-on-one competition. Still: dumb.

10. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    no guts no glory. In order to make the most outlandish play in Survivor history you have to do something so far out there everyone would initially think you're bat ***** crazy.

That said, what a dumb move!

11. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    This was a very BOLD move by Ozzie. Probably won't pay off, but very BOLD!

12. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Correct, you can't vote for yourself so there is never a unanimous vote. There have been many votes where everyone voted for one player except that player him/herself.

13. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    This ranks with Marcellas not using the veto on Big Brother. I love Ozzie's physical skills but he's mentally challenged when it comes to actually playing the game. His team is toast, both now and after the merge.

14. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
  15. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I did love seeing Ozzie in the braids at the challenge. However the guys (brandon at least) painting bras on themselves was sad.

16. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I was thinking that same thing. But we'll have to wait a week or two to see how this pans out. I really doubt it will go the way he thinks it will.

17. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I guess this isn't really a spoiler because it's not about something that's going to happen but in case some don't read Dalton's recap and may not want to know:

it's interesting that Ozzie had thought about doing this before the game even started.

18. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Jeez...I forgot about this detail. Christine was voted out of Coach's tribe and has made it CLEAR that she hates them and would vote with Ozzie's tribe!

that makes the move Ozzie just made not just dumb, but crazy dumb. He was even at the last thing where Albert openly rooted against Christine!

I need to add one more !

wow! (and another!) :)

19. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    They should have taken that knowledge and said let's get rid of Cochran and get Christine on our side. It would still be six vs six at the merge, but christine has shown to be stronger then Cochran in the challenges.

20. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    wow....just wow.

I am so rooting against Ozzy

I hope he blows the challange, they don't merge, and Cochran keeps that idol and uses it to go far. Bonus points if he switches sides to the other tribe after the merge!

p.s Brandon with a blue bra was disturbing.