Survivor: San Juan Del Sur "This is My Time" and "Live Reunion Show" OAD 12-18-2014

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Anubys, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Dec 18, 2014 #1 of 139
    Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...

Advertisements

Where is everybody?

Loved the Wicked Step Mother speech. I'm sure people will be divided on it, but I loved it.

Strange that Reed voted for Jacklyn. Stupid of them to take Nat instead of Keith. What were they thinking?!

2. Dec 18, 2014 #2 of 139
    Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Also loved the multiple times they showed Alec with his mouth open looking like the village idiot :D

3. Dec 18, 2014 #3 of 139
    hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    I hate to say it, since I've always disliked the "Twinnies," but I'd have voted for Natalie too. She just plain won that thing.

4. Dec 18, 2014 #4 of 139
    Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I looked up "Ephrata" (which was on the old man's shirt...not Keith, the other old man) and it's a town in Pennsylvania (?)...what's up with that? can't you find something better to wear on national TV?

his daughter looked like she got a boob job...

5. Dec 18, 2014 #5 of 139
    Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN

Advertisements

Yeah, though I don't dislike her, I agree that Natalie played the best game, especially at the end. Giving the idol to Jacklyn was probably the biggest move of the game. Though she probably would have had just as good a chance against Baylor as anyone else left, aside from Keith.

Really entertaining finish.

6. Dec 18, 2014 #6 of 139
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
  7. Dec 18, 2014 #7 of 139
    Cragmyre

Cragmyre Member

Mar 8, 2004
    My guess is Reed did that to ensure that Missy was third.

8. Dec 18, 2014 #8 of 139
    danielhart

danielhart Nerp Nerp

Apr 27, 2004
    Aah good point - makes total sense.

9. Dec 18, 2014 #9 of 139
    jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    I think Missy was third no matter what. Reed was just being a drama queen (much like he was during that reward challenge when he called Baylor a 'brat' and got into a verbal bout with Missy).

Missy gave a surprisingly good speech at final Tribal. I was impressed she made as good a case for herself as she did.

Regarding choosing Natalie over Keith... I think they all knew they were deciding who to give the $1m to at that point and they chose Natalie. They weren't going to beat either of them so they went with someone who deserved it more (which she did by her game play even though Keith was stronger at challenges).

"village idiot" <--- spot on. :D

Who won Fan Favorite? I haven't watched that far but don't care if it's spoiled.

10. Dec 18, 2014 #10 of 139
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Agree with everyone so far. I thought Natalie was sunk when Jaclyn came out of nowhere and won that last immunity challenge. I was thinking they should know Natalie is going to win if they don't vote her out so I was afraid she was gone. But maybe jradosh is right, it's the only logical explanation. When Jeff polled the jury as to how they would vote if Natalie wasn't in the final 3 Keith wins. I suppose Missy and Jaclyn might have known that and didn't want Keith to win.

Also agree about Alec. I don't think they ever got a shot of him with his mouth closed. ;)

11. Dec 18, 2014 #11 of 139
    LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    How was she third no matter what? Reed knew that both Missy and Jackie were most likely only going to receive one vote each - from their loved ones. His vote put Missy in third.

Jackie kept saying that she need the $1 million to start a family. Is there an operation to correct her condition? Was she talking about adopting? While I feel bad for her, that is not a reason to vote for someone as the winner of Survivor. And being divorced three times is even less of a reason.

12. Dec 18, 2014 #12 of 139
    JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I don't remember any specific mention now, but in my mind I have "adoption", though surrogacy could be one of their other options. She herself would not be able to bear the child, though.

13. Dec 18, 2014 #13 of 139
    Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Once again Natalie made a big move by orchestrating Baylor's removal from the game. While she probably would have won anyway, it showed how hard she played until the end.

As I said last week this was of the best Survivor performances ever. Boston Rob, the season he controlled all those young girls, also comes to mind.

Great job by Natalie.

14. Dec 18, 2014 #14 of 139
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yep, didn't like the Twinnies during TAR, but I thought Nat won this based on game play and about half way through the season, I called it. I have no problem with her winning and she wasn't half as annoying as she was on TAR (maybe, her playing alone was the reason...no partner in crime, as they say).

I was surprised there was no "America's favorite player" this season, but I'm betting they didn't have a sponsor for it. In fact, as far as I could tell there were NO sponsored challenges at all. No Sprint calls from home or food sponsor. Personally, I always hated the "Rupert award" as my son calls it for favorite player. The winner should have the complete spotlight.

Also noticed that the reunion show has really gotten much shorter. They didn't announce the winner until almost 15 minutes into the 10 o'clock block.

Not sure about the new season coming up. Seems they are really grasping at straws for a theme this time around. And once again, location doesn't matter any more. Are they back in the same location again?

Decent season, but not among my favorites.

15. Dec 18, 2014 #15 of 139
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Info gleaned from Dalton's blog.
    Yes, Nicaragua again for season 30. :(

16. Dec 18, 2014 #16 of 139
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Maybe it's just me but I don't think Missy has been divorced 3 times because she's a hopeless romantic.

As long as there is no RI and no returning players I'm fine with however they want to classify the tribes next season.

17. Dec 18, 2014 #17 of 139
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I think Keith's advantage was too much. Considering the learning curve of that challenge, given hours to practice really guaranteed him a win. And he even struggled at the real challenge at the start, but then ended up beating all of them 3-0.
    I think it would've been fairer to do something like just make him get 2 balls in instead of 3. And no practice.

So glad Natalie won. I too was on the hater bandwagon at the start based on her Amazing Race appearances, but her game play won me over.

18. Dec 18, 2014 #18 of 139
    Honora

Honora Member

Oct 16, 2006
    A hopeless romantic who makes poor choices in men.

19. Dec 18, 2014 #19 of 139
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Shorter reunion show is fine with me. Since they no longer feel the need to talk with everyone they can get what they want from the main players in a shorter time.

I was very happy going into the season that it was all new players with no RI. But this season didn't really do it for me. The Blood vs. Water thing was fine but no players will stood out to me as really likeable or unlikeable.

20. Dec 18, 2014 #20 of 139
    Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    For the past few years now they have been shooting two Survivor seasons back to back at the same location. It saves them a significant amount of money in doing so. There has even been a player or two that have competed in both seasons back to back. Also means the final 3 or 2 from the second season have to wait a long long time to see who is going to win.