Survivor: San Juan del Sur "Blood is Blood" OAD 10-29-2014

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by loubob57, Oct 30, 2014.

1. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX

Advertisements

Trade all your stuff for a bag of rice because you're hungry, and then win a feast. Ha-ha!

2. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    And then head into the merge.

3. Necromancer2006

Necromancer2006 Active Member

Jan 26, 2008
    It's too bad the person/people responsible for the ridiculous mismanagement of the food supply aren't going to wind up being punished for it.

4. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Jeff always does it, but I hate when they have a blindfolded challenge and he does his commentary about where they are in the challenge or what they have completed or are stuck on. The other player should never know how you are doing, or what strategy you are using. But Jeff blurts it out every time.

I get that he can't be quiet, but he doesn't have to say the specifics that he does.

Rule #3 in Survivor - Never tell anyone that you have an idol. Especially if it is a fake one that you cannot play. You immediately become a target.

Dalton's Recap:

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivor-san-juan-del-sur-episode-6/

5. HoosierFan

HoosierFan Board game geek

May 8, 2001
    North...

Advertisements

I was hoping one of the prizes would have been a bag of rice.

6. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Can't wait for Missy and her smugness to take the walk of shame. Baylor too.

7. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I agree.

I predict that if Baylor is voted off, Missy won't be able to take it and will quit the game.

8. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I kept waiting for Jeremy's head to explode :D

9. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    Sure, but they won a single meal. The rice represents several meals over several days. Big difference.

And of course they didn't know that at the time.

It sucks that's how it turned out, but I don't blame them one bit for the trade. You have to have food. Hunger is a pretty strong biological pull if you're not used to it.

10. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Why not? That's part of the challenge, the way they designed it. They weren't blindfolded because the designers didn't want the challengers to know how their opponent was doing: they were blindfolded so they have to solve the puzzle by touch. Certainly if he's giving more help/info to one contestant then it's not fair, but otherwise I don't see any issue.

In fact, he's doing it because (a) us watching people do the challenge in what amounts to silence (other than "ouch" etc.) would be very strange, and (b) he wants to keep the game interesting, so he lets one person know if the other one is getting farther ahead so they can try to speed up, or maybe have the person far ahead feel complacent.

11. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Also, some of what we hear from Jeff in these comps is added later

12. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I don't think Jeff did these narrations during season 1. I like it with the narration, it adds pressure to the contestants as well as makes it more interesting for the viewer.

13. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    That would have been sweet. :D

14. jpicard

jpicard Member

Oct 25, 2004
    slc ut
    I was hoping that Jeff would give all the stuff traded from the first tribe to the second tribe.
    Can you image the talk/screaming/yelling/shock/awe at the next tribe meet up when the second tribe says to the first tribe. "Thanks Jeff, for all the free stuff from the other tribe."

15. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    You gotta give Dale credit for trying to bluff with the fake idol. It seemed like they actually believed it was an idol, but it still didn't save him.

16. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Well, they had enough to split the votes and he told them he wouldn't use his anyway. It was a gambit, but it had zero chance of working.

17. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    The fake idol strategy has now cost 2 players this season. Sure they may have been voted off anyway but it's still a dumb strategy. Better to just do the usual scramble/try to get people to flip. That does work from time to time.

18. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    One of the two gays needs to go. Or stop kissing.

19. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    So was it Keith who found an actual HII? I couldn't remember if Keith found that one, or if Dale did and just bluffed with his fake one to save the real one for later, not realizing he was going to be the one voted out.

My memory sure isn't what it used to be!

20. WO312

WO312 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    Keith has it. I'm not sure he knows how to use it though. :D