Survivor Samoa 10/15/09 "Walking on Thin Ice"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Anubys, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...

Advertisements

boy, they sure spent a lot of time on the eating challenge...

Loved Shambo arguing with Russell about going over to the other tribe...

too bad Ashley had to go...but she had to go...I'll miss them...er...I mean...her :p

2. nmiller855

nmiller855 Active Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
    I wonder who winds up with the medical problem on the next show.
    I'm glad Liz questioned Russell about him having the immunity idol.

3. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Not sad that Ashley left. I think that was a good choice. If Liz and Russell can keep off of each other for a couple days, they may have strength to win.

She seemed a pretty weak link this week. I was hoping she would keep the stuff down and have them do a tie breaker. A couple of those guys didn't seem bothered at all.

I was surprised at how bad the team was in getting coconuts in the basket. Man.

I smiled at the remark Chief Russell made about Shambo going to the other tribe and missing the barbecue - to make up for losing the chicken.

4. nmiller855

nmiller855 Active Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
    Was there something wrong with Shambo's hands? They looked like they had some kind of ointment on them & she was holding them palms up. I thought I heard her say she couldn't compete but I deleted the show before I had a chance to rewind it.

5. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004

Advertisements

It was obvious that the chicken wasn't the reason he sent Shambo over. He didn't think about that until after she had walked away. Otherwise he would have said that was the reason when she confronted him instead of shrugging his shoulders. I don't like chief Russell.

6. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Shanmbo's hand were prunish from the cold and rain.

Yeah chief Russell is totally full of himself. Sick of him.

I'm hoping it's short Russell who needs medical attention.

7. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    If Galu keeps sending Shambo over, she is going to be in so tight with them that they will make her part of "Foa Foa" at the merge, if she's still around.

Can't wait to read Jeff's blog, he always says he loves rain, especially during challenges.....

8. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Do you not have a recently deleted folder? You can recover shows from there. ;) :p

9. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    And it wasn't just her. When they focused on the tribe huddled in their shelter waiting out the rain, several obviously also had the 'problem'. Jaison seemed to almost be as bad as Shambo. The camera also showed a closeup of one of the girls' feet that had the problem.

Gad to see Ashley go, but she made the most sense. Given Liz's confrontation with Russell over the hidden idol, I'm surprised that he didn't call her out at tribal when she was going on about how she doesn't distrust anybody. I guess he decided to just keep his mouth shut.

10. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Liz is a gamer. She wasn't going to let go of that rope! I'm guessing at tribal she didn't expose Russell to likely have the immunity idol. The editing made it seem Foa Foa was conflicted on who to vote for but it was clear everyone knew Ashley was going to go.

11. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I was pretty sure Ashely was going, but was surprised even the other blonde girl voted for her. I guess she didn't want to rock the boat and get someone mad at her.

12. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    I'm on the "I don't care chief Russell" train. The last two weeks have cemented my disdain for him. Talk about power going to his head.

He has made bad decisions (Tarp?) and also thought his decisions should be followed without dissent.

OTOH, whatever credit he deserves for his tribe winning so much he can have.

13. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

But it might not matter. Galu might still have the numbers regardless of whether Shambo flips.

14. nmiller855

nmiller855 Active Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
    I don't have a recently deleted folder because I am using an original series 1 SAT-T60.

15. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Sad to see Ashley go. She was my favorite... to look at... I didn't think she would win the game, but she was easy on the eyes.

16. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Again, all this rain and no one is beating up on Russel about the tarp? Sheesh!

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    It's called "jungle rot" and it's when your hands never get a chance to get dry and the skin starts to disintegrate and peel off. It can be pretty painful. I doubt she'd have been able to hold onto a rope very well with those hands.
    One of their players mentioned it in one of the personal interviews, but I'm guessing they simply didn't want to show the dissension within that tribe because they didn't lose so they didn't have time. When they lose again and have to start making tough decisions again, we'll be surprised at how much tension there is, because they haven't shown it to us very much.

18. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    I almost barfed just watching them trying to drink that stuff.

19. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Are they approaching the point in the season where they usually do some sort of tribe swap? Foa Foa can use one. It would be funny if they do like they did in the Stephanie season and allow short Russel to be the only one left on his tribe. Then he would finally truly be the one running things at camp.

20. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    They started at 20, they usually merge at 10, and they're currently at 14. I'd think that if they're going to do a Switch, it will need to happen soon.