Survivor S39 E11 A Very Simple Plan OAD 12-04-19

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by brianric, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Dec 4, 2019 #1 of 23
    brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    IMO got to have been one of the wildest, if not the wildest tribal council ever. Without a doubt, Noura is a little bit unbalanced. That was a tough one deciding between Noura or the eventual person voted out in Karishma.

2. Dec 4, 2019 #2 of 23
    Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    It's like Noura is bipolar and off her meds.

Martha and Steveknj like this.
  3. Dec 5, 2019 #3 of 23
    danielhart

danielhart Nerp Nerp

Apr 27, 2004
    I don't get what Dean was trying to accomplish by warning Tommy. I get that Noura would make anyone nervous, but it's not like he was going to be at risk if she didn't go along with the plan. He had a chance to resume build and become part of a new lead alliance. Now he's just a guy you really cant trust and he's not part of the top 4 anyways.

Just a dumb and pointless move imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

lynncosbm, 7thton, RickyL and 5 others like this.
  4. Dec 5, 2019 #4 of 23
    dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I didn't understand that vote at all.

kettledrum likes this.
  5. Dec 5, 2019 #5 of 23
    Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    Dean was in survival mode. He put the spotlight elsewhere, saving himself for one more week. Over the seasons we have seen stranger things when there were 7 or less. If Dean finds an idol, wins immunity, or a trip to the island then he has a chance. Most people like to see the nice person succeed. He's the underdog now.

6. Dec 5, 2019 #6 of 23
    DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Terrible decision. Ugg why did Dean screw it up by this side whispering? I think he was good had he not spilled the beans to Tommy.

And why did Nora have to blow everything up? Nobody is going to give her to win after these outbursts if she makes it to the end.

7. Dec 5, 2019 #7 of 23
    JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    He was probably hoping they would vote Noura out.

8. Dec 5, 2019 #8 of 23
    gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    The whole thing was just insane. Noura is completely off her rocker, and I have no idea why Dean suddenly decided to flip like that at the last second. I was actually hoping Elaine would do something crazy and play her idol for Karishma. That would have been awesome!

9. Dec 5, 2019 #9 of 23
    hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    I'm still confused...Dean blew up the bottom 4 alliance because...why? It seems like he is just loyal to Tommy. But then why go in with the other alliance. Was he playing them all along?

7thton likes this.
  10. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    If he was playing them all along, he wouldn't have waited until tribal to tell Tommy about the plan. That's why his last second flip made no sense. All it did was prove to everyone that he in untrustworthy.

11. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Here's Karishma's Ponderosa.

One thing about this season, these people seem to be really nice outside the game.

tivotvaddict likes this.
  12. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    My favorite line (and a pretense to what ended up happening) was when Noura's sister, speaking about her unusual behavior called it "Naura-mal" That cracked me up.

kettledrum and Martha like this.
  13. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    My favorite line was when Boston Rob said, "All of that just to vote Karishma out?" :D

kettledrum, 7thton, jr461 and 9 others like this.
  14. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    What a sh*t show!

Both Dean and Noura made a mess of that tribal.

Yeesh...

7thton likes this.
  15. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    The only thing I can think of regarding Dean is that he feels doing what he did will get him in good with Tommy and thus he might be in the top 3 now (tommy, lauren, dean).

16. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Just finished watching... Ugh... I agree... What a sh*t show...

Noura is predictably unpredictable... There's gotta be something wrong with her... She can't think straight, and she can't control herself...

Uh...Noura... 4 is greater than 3 (planned votes for Karishima)... And 4 is greater than 2 (planned votes for Elaine)...

<Noura>Uh...let me lay down some leaves and do the math real quick...</Noura>

WHAT???

And Noura was the one pontificating on how she got screwed, and that they should band together and take them out... Clearly she didn't stack up against the rest of them in their "alliance", so screw them! LOL...

And regarding Karishma... I really sympathize with her... Clearly the daily bullying has taken its toll on her... Her embrace of her husband and her emotional breakdown was heartbreaking for me... Her treatment does feel a little like the school yard bullying... She's not invited to the "cool kids" table, and has felt utterly alone this entire journey...

And I will spoilerize my comments about her Ponderosa:

What a different person!!! She turned into such a bright light, and a kind and engaging spirit... And all of this was triggered by simple kindness of people...

It really makes me wonder what "life" represents the real people... Does the game strip away all the social expectations and political correctness and really is a true representation of who these people are? And is all the friendliness just fake and insincere?

Or does the game bring out the worst (which is kind of their real personality at its core, is it not?), and their real true selves come out at the Ponderosa?

tivotvaddict likes this.
  17. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    To be fair, at least from the edit we're getting of her, it seems that she was seen as lazy, not participating in camp activities, and has been terrible for the most part in challenges (practically an albatross to whoever she was teamed with) So it's not like she was treated unfairly for no reason.

That said, I thought from about the middle of the game on, she played hard (within her limitations) and tried to make some moves. She couldn't really get many to go along with her and she stuck around because some thought she'd be easy to beat at the end of the game. Eventually some realized that she might wind up taking a spot they earned for that very reason.

JFriday likes this.
  18. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    That's an interesting question. I would argue it's both. Human beings are multifaceted. both the ying and the yang, so to speak, exist -- at the same time -- within a person. It's just that different facets come to the forefront at different times and in reaction to different circumstances.

19. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Smart choice by the producers to bring out Dan's son. Watching all the loved ones reunions, I was dreading having to watch Dan and his wife (if he has one? not sure).

I know most people hate the loved ones portion, but I so enjoy seeing this piece of the contestants' lives and a little bit about who they are outside the game.

20. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    It was pre-arranged.

"Spilo married his wife Katie in Des Moines, Iowa in 1998, but the two have resided in Los Angeles ever since. They have two sons, Ben, 17, and Ryan, 14. He told Wigler in his pre-show interview that he is desperate to make it to the family visit so that his son, Ryan, can visit him. Ryan has been a Survivor fan since the age of four."

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/11/dan-spilo/

kettledrum and tivotvaddict like this.