Survivor - S38E03 "Betrayals Are Going to Get Exposed" 3/6/2019 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Mar 7, 2019 #1 of 34
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona

Advertisements

As predicted, the "indecision" they showed with Keith last week was just for dramatic effect, and this episode started with him arriving on Extinction Island. I thought it was kind of unfair that Reem had to spend three days there with no food, and then as soon as Keith arrived, they got clues that led them to food on the very top of the island. Why did Reem have to starve for three days and Keith didn't?

Wendy is very stupid. Why does she think it's a good idea to jeopardize her chances in the game to protect one chicken? Especially when she's not even a vegetarian! Ridiculous. And the scenes from next week's show
    that Wendy is going to set the chickens free! Even more ridiculousness from her!

But Wendy dodged a major bullet when the rest of the tribe decided to target either Wentworth or Chris. I'm really surprised David and Rick sided with Wardog and voted out Chris. Now their tribe lost one of its two strongest players, the one who almost single-handedly won them the reward challenge, and that's likely going to mean more losses down the road. But maybe they felt they didn't have to worry about that because
    they knew the Swap was coming soon, which we see in the scenes from next week.

2. Mar 7, 2019 #2 of 34
    DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I think they're going to regret not taking out Wentworth, and even David knew that telling Wardog would be a bad idea, and it turns out he was right. Getting rid of a strong player like Chris is ok if you aren't going for challenge wins.

And go Aubrey for finding the hidden immunity idol!

Regarding the preview
    They really needed to get rid of a returnee before any tribe swaps. Because now lots of things could happen to keep them around longer, like them all ending up on the same tribe and sticking together, or people on the other tribe being "fans" that really want to work with them. The swap could hurt the returning players, but I think it's more likely to help them.

3. Mar 7, 2019 #3 of 34
    DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Regarding your spoiler:
    The preview said they'll be swapping into three tribes of five. So the most likely distribution of the four returning players is 1-1-2. Obviously that's not automatic, but that would put all four of them in the minority of their tribes. Whatever tribe Joe is on will likely continue winning until the Merge, keeping him safe, but other than that, the other returnees will likely be at a numbers disadvantage when their tribe goes to TC. It will be entirely up to their social skills to stay in the game at that point.

4. Mar 7, 2019 #4 of 34
    DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that point. Makes sense.

5. Mar 7, 2019 #5 of 34
    stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006

Advertisements

Of course, random can end up with any results.

The only returner I don't like is Wentworth--I was really hoping she would go. Funny how the only returnee they don't seem to be threatened by is Bill.

So, did she ever return the flint? That girl needs to go.

6. Mar 7, 2019 #6 of 34
    hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    Who's Bill?

7. Mar 7, 2019 #7 of 34
    DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I loved that scene with Ron and Victoria talking and she says something about Joe and Aubry and then the camera widens out and we see that Joe is like two feet behind her. Joe handled that really well, but that was really sketchy of Ron to allow Joe to get that close without alerting Victoria. It was almost like Ron was trying to throw Victoria under the bus by asking her a question about Joe when he knew Joe was right there and she didn't.

8. Mar 7, 2019 #8 of 34
    hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    I don't understand how that happens. He's RIGHT THERE!

9. Mar 7, 2019 #9 of 34
    gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I think it's really funny how David specifically warned Chris that the plan would backfire if he told War Dog about it, and then Chris did just that and got voted out. :)

kettledrum and DancnDude like this.
  10. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    *facepalm*

Honestly can't decide if Wendy's stupidity has infected the rest of the tribe, or if they've been this way the entire time.

11. stellie93

Feb 25, 2006
    Sorry--he's always looked like a Bill to me. ;)

12. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Who? We still don't know who you are referring to.

13. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    He's obviously referring to David, since the only other returning guy is Joe, and Joe is clearly seen as a threat.

stellie93 likes this.
  14. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    On the Survivor Know-It-Alls Podcast, Stephen Fischbach made a good point that from what we've been shown, Chris and Wardog have been in an alliance, and so David asking Chris not to tell Wardog was not a reasonable request. From Chris' perspective, he thought he was in an alliance and didn't want to blindside his alliance member by not telling him the votes had changed toward Kelly. And from what we were shown, Chris was very diplomatic when he presented it to Wardog. He didn't say, "Hey, this is what we're doing," but instead he said "How would you feel about this" and allowed Wardog to express his opinion.

So while it obviously didn't work out for Chris, it's hard to say that Chris actually did anything wrong in that situation. He simply was in an alliance with someone that wasn't open to new ideas and lashed out at Chris for even broaching the idea.

15. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I believe it was Dalton that pointed out that Chris just framed it wrong. He should’ve said that David & Rick think we should take out Wentworth to avoid backlash for the idea.

kettledrum likes this.
  16. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Yeah, Chris was in a tough spot, because he was trying to play the middle and protect his source(s) in Rick and David. So in trying to be diplomatic but not providing all the information, he was the perceived as the one who was stirring things up and should go.

17. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
  18. stellie93

Feb 25, 2006
    Sorry--David. I thought it was obvious and you were just being sarcastic. My fault. :confused:

19. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Chris was pissed at his tribe mates, but he brought it on himself.

20. xuxa

xuxa Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2001