Survivor S38 Ep04 I Need a Dance Partner

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tivotvaddict, Mar 14, 2019.

1. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    What a non-random random draw! I'm sure the producers were not happy as not much has changed. Maybe they'll do another swap earlier than anticipated because of it?

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy. Clearly has never read How to Win Friends and Influence People. The chickens are likely coming right back to where they've been getting food and are likely to be food yet again. She may get that Sia money anyway.

I'm rooting for the Wardog despite myself.

Lauren seems to be getting a winner's edit. Admires the returning players but isn't stupid in how she treats them (see idol burial). Has to reach deep within herself to overcome physical limitations (nausea). Strategic move in saving the idol and not wasting it.

Aubry coming back strong after a horrible edit last week of saying the same thing to all the players.

DevdogAZ likes this.
  2. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Unless I missed something, her idol is still buried at the Manu camp. She will either have to trust a Manu member to retrieve it for her or hope that she ends up back at the Manu camp before she's evicted.

3. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I wonder if because they moved her camp, production will retrieve it for her.

4. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm pretty sure that's the case. People don't bring all their belongings to a challenge, so it wouldn't be fair if she lost the idol because of a tribe swap.

5. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Wendy seems like a genuinely nice person, but her behavior in the game is beyond comprehension. It's like she doesn't even care about winning at all.

I'm bummed that Rick got voted out. He seems like a cool guy. I was actually rooting for both him and David to go far in the game. I hope this doesn't mean that David is next. That team really needs to start winning some challenges.

kettledrum and stellie93 like this.
  6. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    This has already been addressed, just last week I believe. Personal items are moved. If an idol is buried, production does not dig it up, that's your problem.

gweempose likes this.
  7. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    They showed Lauren contemplating using the idol, so to me that indicates that she has it still. I would think if it was still where she buried it then they would have shown her being bummed that she no longer had it.

DevdogAZ likes this.
  8. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Wentworth needs to go! Trashing the Cleveland Browns like that when they're clearly going to the Super Bowl. ;) (I realize that this was filmed back when they were worse)

I picked Eric as my player in fantasy survivor, and I really haven't figured out which one he is yet. Maybe that's a good thing....

9. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    I read her facial expression as ... Oh crap, I "have" an idol but it's buried at Camp Manu.

10. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot to take into account the fact that it was buried. This is obviously different than having it in your bag or pocket.

11. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    They all had pretty heavy bags with them at the switch. Some had extra shoes.

12. stile99

Feb 26, 2002
    So I know there are about a million hours of footage we never see, and seeing the Extinction Island folk making a big daily trek every week would get boring fast (before some other wag says it, I will...too late), but couldn't they at least mention what they had to do to get the fishing equipment?

I've said it before, I'll say it again, in my opinion this whole Extinction Island thing is a load of crap and just getting worse every week. It a third (now fourth) tribe that doesn't have to do any of the challenges, at least not yet. I think if they had actually used separate islands someone would have caved by now, but instead they have a support network that grows every three days. It looked like Keith was pondering the sail, Reem went to talk him out of it. Now maybe that's not what happened and they did their creative editing to tell a story magic trick, but it's what it looked like. And because Pagong keeps losing, every week it's "Hi! They voted you off? Good, we hate you anyway!".

VegasVic likes this.
  13. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Agree about Redemption Island. It just "feels" to me like another gimmick to give a potentially popular player another chance to get back into the game. I'm not really liking it, or the phony drama it has created (will they or won't they go for another chance back in the game....duh! Of course they will!)

As for Wendy, she feels to me like one of those who were recruited to be on the show opposed to one of those who have been dying to be on the show for years and auditioned hard. She seems clueless on how to play, and perhaps has been chosen to play to just create drama (which she's done). She has that unusual look that people will remember about her.

So far, after a few really good seasons in a row, this one is so far, a boring dud. But, hopefully things will pick up after the merge.

VegasVic likes this.
  14. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
  15. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    If that's the case then why did she talk to the camera about whether to use it before tribal? She said she wanted to go in to the merge with the idol but thought she might have to use it now.

16. kettledrum

kettledrum Active Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Fishers, IN
    The tribe swap wasn't completely 100% random, Jeff had two trays, presumedly one for the men and one for the women? That keeps one tribe from getting stacked with all big beefy guys for the challenges but does it change any odds at all with getting the two tribes more mixed in??

Now that there's four people at extinction and the other three tribes are five, five, and four strong, they could bring back the extinction tribe and have them compete in a team challenge against the other three tribes, if they finish last then they go extinct for good, but if they don't finish last, the last place tribe now goes to extinction.

I know it's a horrible idea. But it would be different!

brianric likes this.
  17. stile99

Feb 26, 2002
    You can say that again. I've been thinking about it the last couple days and I think I'll give it one more episode before deleting the season pass for this season. Reem is unpleasant, and this 'twist' is just giving us more of her when her 15 minutes should be done. Keith is incompetent, Wendy's an idiot, and when whatever tribe she's on finally 'does the needful' we still won't be rid of her.

One of the cast (I can't even remember her name, which I guess proves her point, is it Julia?) is spoilering the season left and right with her constant whining while the show airs that she's not getting enough screen time. Which were she in the final I don't think she would be taking such a huge risk, they've booted people for less just one season ago.

All in all, the only reason to continue with this season (for me, at least) is the beautiful shots of the night sky, which we're lucky to get two of per show, and it lasts a second or two. And maybe Victoria.

18. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I usually stick through a season, good or bad. I will add in Wardog, who so into himself it bugs the crap out of me. I don't like people who talk about themselves in the third person and who think they are God's gift to the world. And he's not even that entertaining when he's on camera. He's just a complete tool.

BTW, I hate that when you quote a post here, it shows you the spoiler text. But yours seems to be a minor one anyway.

VegasVic likes this.
  19. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I love it.

20. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I wonder if an idol-bearing player gets voted out and sent to extinction and eventually gets back to the game, if the idol still has power.

RickyL, lalouque and stellie93 like this.