Survivor S32E01 "I'm A Mental Giant" 2/17/16 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Feb 18, 2016.

1. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona

Advertisements

Good start to the season. Seems like some very interesting players. I'm definitely rooting for Anna, the poker player, to stay on my TV as long as possible.

When Jennifer was complaining about ear pain, I first wondered if she was just being dramatic, but then it was clear she was in real agony. Do then when the bug came crawling out of her ear and was basically just dancing around, I was yelling at the camera guy to brush it off! How could the camera guy see how much pain she was in, see the bug crawl out, and then just film it while it might potentially go back in? That's just cruel.

Interesting that on both the Brains and Beauty tribes, the old people are on the outs. I won't be sad if crazy Denise goes early, but the two guys seem like they could be fun to watch.

Too bad for Darnell. I think that was short sighted of his team to vote him out for one poor challenge performance. They're going to miss his strength in future challenges. It's almost never smart to vote out physical strength this early in the season.

2. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    And he's a beauty...LOL!

[​IMG]

3. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I kept wondering why she wouldn't call for medical? If something is eating way at my ear and causing it to bleed, I'd get them down right away. If it was serious enough to be pulled, then so be it.

I think Darnell lost the game when he threw out his sob story at tribal. That may have worked a few seasons ago, but not now.

4. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
  5. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT

Advertisements

When we started to have the bug story I'm thinking....hmmmm....all that water in the OCEAN....why not pour water in her ear to drown that sucker......

6. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    AHHHH! That bug was like something straight out of The Wrath of Khan. :eek:

I also did not understand at all why they voted out Darnell instead of Blondie.

7. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    My daughter had a moth fly into her ear late one night. We could not get it out; it didn't hurt, like this one apparently did, but she could feel it fluttering around in there. We tried to get it out in various ways including ultimately oil... it stayed in there and drowned. We had to take her to the doctor the next day to get it out (we had offered to take her to the ER but she didn't want to go--we've had mixed experiences going to the ER). To this day she's freaked out by moths... I would think everyone would be wearing their buffs over their ears from now on, although that bug looked small enough to get under.

Bad, bad mistake getting rid of Darnell IMO. Now you're down a player and one of your remaining players is Alecia.

I cannot believe that Joe is 71. He's got to be doing steroids or something... crazy!

Tai was dumb, trying to do a full search for the idol in one shot. Just pretend you have a little stomach upset, and go look for shorter periods of time.

8. soccergrunt

soccergrunt New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Indianapolis
    I loved it when Alecia said she was a mental giant at tribal, then forgot to take the cap off the marker when she tried to vote!

9. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I think you guys mean Alechia. ;)

Bounty Hunter Guy's card cracked me up.

Edit: I guess his might have been Alichia... I'm not sure now. I was too busy laughing at the "chia" part. :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  10. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I never saw so many alternate spellings for Alecia. :)

11. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I thought Darnell made a decent case for staying, he admitted to screwing up and pointed out how he rowed and helped lift the canoe and she was basically useless the whole challenge. She had to be yelled out to help take out the puzzle pieces. I think it was a dumb decision to vote him out.

I looked up Scot's career earnings in the NBA, he was a bench player his whole career and averaged a little over 4 points a game and made 38 million. Good work if you can get it.

12. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Yeah, that's why I didn't get why they voted him out. Everyone seemed really annoyed by Alecia, she's weak, doesn't do anything... but they still went with the guy who admitted he f'd up and dropped the mask?

13. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    And as they were throwing her a bone and telling her she was safe she was being sketchy.

14. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Yeah, I only vaguely knew who he was because he played for the Celtics his last year and they won the championship that year.

The girl who had the panic attack is in Boston now, but she grew up not too far away from here in NH.

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. WTF!! They're telling you you're safe and making plans with you to vote out someone else, and then when they ask if you have the Idol you give a squirrelly answer? If you have it and don't want them to know, just lie and tell them you don't. But NEVER say something stupid like "I never said I did but I never said I didn't."

16. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I thought she would be first to go when that tribe lost but she did real well in the challenge.

17. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    It took me about 30 seconds to start hating the chemist on the Brains tribe. I had hoped they'd lose and vote her out first. Since that didn't happen, now I'm hoping one of her tribemates smothers her while she's sleeping.

I like Tai, though I found it a bit odd that, after claiming to love all plants and trees, he seemed to have no problem ripping those trees out of the ground to find the HII.

Liz, on the Brains tribe, is far more beauteous than anybody on the Beauty tribe.

18. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    She said she was a chemist and also worked at Red Lobster and I believe the caption with her name said "server" or "waitress" or something like that so I don't know if she's actually a chemist or maybe took chemistry in high school.

Tai was entertaining the first minute or so but I quickly got tired of him and hope he goes soon

19. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Jeff said in the interview he thinks they all wanted Darnell out but split the vote in case there was an idol. I agree with others in this thread, dumb decision. Yeah he messed up with the goggles but he DID help in other ways while Alecia did nothing at all. I like Joe the FBI guy. Hard to believe he's 71 (now 72)

20. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I was shocked by the 'aqua dump'. That was really close to the camp! If they were going to use the water for that, I'd hope they'd go to an area that was away from camp and in some fast-moving water.