Survivor removed from Fall schedule

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dbranco, Jul 15, 2020.

1. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
  2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah it was coming, but still stinks. Now I guess I'll have to watch some sort of dog-paddle competition show I am sure is coming

3. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    You would think a show like Survivor would be a lot easier to make than most shows since the contestants and the crew are already isolated from the rest of society. I read that the cast of Big Brother is currently quarantining in preparation for the upcoming season of Big Brother.

stellie93 likes this.
  4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The problem, at least from what I have seen is more around the government of Fiji not allowing them to do it. I also seem to recall that they were in the middle of production and had to stop? (I might be misremembering)

I'm not too enthused about Big Brother either, since what they have been planning for this season is not something I care enough about watching:
    From what I've read, I think it's going to be an All-Star season with a lot of the same old, same old. A few of the speculated people have already had multiple tries and include some that I couldn't stand previously, Rachel, Paul, and so forth.
    By the time they are ready to go, baseball and hockey will have started up and I'll care even less about watching.

5. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI

Advertisements

Definitely disappointed, but it's completely understandable. I'm hoping BB will be able to make it work safely.

6. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    No surprised. But I've been on the fence with this show for a while now. So I can wait if I even bother going back. And where's Big Brother??!! :D

7. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I've been thinking about watching some Australian Survivor to get my fix. It's my understanding that some of those seasons are really good.

8. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I think an all-star season is overdue, but I can't stand Paul. If they bring him back, that might be reason enough for me not to watch.

9. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I guess they think people want to watch him. I don't. I think they tried to HAND him the game last time, and if he gets another crack, I agree, might not watch. Same with Rachel Riley. I didn't watch the last time she was on either. Though if Dan is back, I might have to reconsider.

stellie93 likes this.
  10. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Amazing Race is taking over the 8pm Wednesday slot vacated by Survivor. New season that's been in the can for a while.

11. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Possible BB Spoilers:

While Paul (& Josh) might both be possible annoying returnees. Rachel Reilly will not be back this year as she’s currently pregnant with her second child.

12. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    It was Amazing Race that stopped mid production. Survivor kept delaying and now are at a point where they can’t get it done in time for fall.

Steveknj likes this.
  13. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Gilbert Arizona
    Does anyone know when the new season of BB is suppose to start? I don't want to miss it.

14. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    No, no one does. Not even CBS.

ufo4sale likes this.
  15. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    It did, but the season of TAR that is airing this fall was filmed in 2018.

mattack and realityboy like this.
  16. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Why was the season shelved for so long?

17. osu1991

osu1991 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Just a guess, but they switched to just showing 1 race a year around that time.

gweempose likes this.
  18. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    I've watched a couple and they aren't as good as the 'murican version but they are fun. Lots and lots of eye candy, if you're into that sort of thing. But, at least the seasons I saw, it didn't seem as cutthroat and I like cutthroat.

19. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    The Australian version of Big Brother is nearing the end of its season. It is produced be the same producer as Australian Survivor and seems a bit like Survivor in a house.

20. bobfrank

bobfrank Active Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Where would I find episodes to watch? I'm locked down at home and running out of shows to watch. Even my Netflix choices are getting slim.