Survivor: Redemption Island 4-13-20011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by SurvivorFan, Apr 13, 2011.

1. SurvivorFan

SurvivorFan & TiVo Loyalist

Mar 9, 2011
    is it...
    Wow, that was one packed solid hour of Survivor complete with 2 tribal councils and that horrible pool. :eek: It sucks to be the losing tribe right now, but Rob and his tribe are 100% right to stick together until it's just the 6 of them left.

Could there have been a clue to an HII in the burger basket that Phillip and Steve? didn't think to look for?

2. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    I doubt they'll plant another HII while there's still one in play.

It'll be pretty boring until purple tribe is all gone. As much as they packed into this episode, there was no drama at all. Just lots of crazy Phillip and maniacal Rob and his herd of sheep. :rolleyes:

At least Ralph had a few good one-liners at TC.

3. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    SRU!!

So I guess next week two people are eliminated for good after a Redemption competition?

4. crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    USA
    It seemed to me that Jeff was sending a message in the first tribal council when he said that the losing tribe (can't remember their name) has to keep "digging"... he seemed to emphasize that.

5. SurvivorFan

SurvivorFan & TiVo Loyalist

Mar 9, 2011
    is it...
    I don't think it's boring. Not yet anyway. It's interesting to see a large alliance actually work, and for the right reasons. So many times it didn't work, but this time it is. It remains to be seen if having Rob back as the boss is better or worse than if it had been a newbie. So far he's a big part of the fun of the season.

Tonight made me laugh out loud several times. Now I'm second guessing myself over how crazy Phillip is or isn't.

6. MegaHertz67

MegaHertz67 Registered Smart Ass

Apr 18, 2005
    Miami
    I understand not wanting someone from Zapatera to have immunity, but why would the Ometepe not want to go have food? They are in control, they needed the nourishment...go eat. I think Phillip played it right. Grant should have been smart enough to know he was too heavy to win that type of challenge. I know he's strong, but he's also depleted.

As soon as that second tribal started I knew one of the women from Ometepe was going to win. Did you see them all hanging there? That was a yoga pose they were doing, but instead of having their bellys on the ground, they had their knees around the bamboo.

And I understand Rob being cautious about the fish, but forbidding his alliance from eating was a bit too dictatorial. Warn them as to why you're not eating and them let them make their own decisions. He risked ticking off his own group by being too bossy.

Do you think we have a three way challenge at Redemption Island, or do they vote off more and make it a bigger challenge all at once...winner gets back in?

7. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    Weid episode. I'm upset they didn't show us what is going on at Redeption Island. Now that there's three people there what are they going to do with them?

tk

8. dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    I agree with this... the Robfather's cult might as well carve x's on their foreheads...

9. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Boring!

I liked Rob up until now. Too cocky, and a bit nutso.

How does he think most of the world eats fish? What a dope

10. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

Who knows what happens on RI. We have to be close to needing to form the jury. Maybe they get to a certain number on RI and then have one competition where the winner goes back and the losers are the start of the jury.

11. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    TC has now become the Philip hour.

Seeing Rob without his hat on was pretty cool.

"rob rob rob rob"

To count as four votes. I laughed out loud.

12. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I'm really waiting until somebody pulls one over on Rob. It's really turning into the Rob (and maybe Philip) show. Seems like they put two TCs in one show because there wasn't any drama at all.

13. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    I'm rooting for Grant to "wake up and smell the coffee" and go against Rob. I think once it's down to Rob's alliance that Grant is the first to go. If he can realize that now, he could align with purple and try to blindside Rob. And once the ringleader is gone, I think all bets are off within Rob's remaining alliance.

Of course there is Rob's HII...

14. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Me too. This episode has just about converted me to a fan of Philip. I'm beginning to want him to win. :eek:

15. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    There might be too many Robfanatics to pull off a blindside this late. Anyone of the girls or Philip is a risk.

16. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    So Mr. "I am doing all the puzzles from now on" is not only bad at the game he is, as it turns out, also bad at puzzles. I laughed when Rob said he was the best strategic player. "It is not the right time to try to turn one of them". When is the right time? When you only have one player left?

The woman on the "out" tribe was the only smart one - mentioned during tribal how Rob is controlling them all like a cult.

17. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    He'd have to team with purple tribe to pull this off.

18. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I've "flipped" on Rob too. I like how he plays the game but the cockiness is too much now. I'd love to see a blindside. With him still having the idol. I don't see it yet though. The "stealth" group seems pretty strong. It makes no sense for any of them (and it would take more than one) to flip to the other tribe at this point. Their best bet is to keep the 6 intact and then start making moves.

I have a feeling that down the road will be another "all-star" season with Phillip and Coach on the same tribe.

19. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    Editors got me last night. I really thought someone was going to turn on Rob.

20. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    I'm sure that Rob knew that there was nothing wrong with the fish. He just didn't want his group taking anything from Zapatera. It would have been great if the entire Ometepe tribe put their hands up to take the food instead of playing for immunity. I think that if they had had time to discuss, they would have all eaten. The best part of the show for me was during the first tribal council, after the 3rd vote for Phillip was shown. The camera panned to him - showing him looking at his nails, without a worry in the world.