Survivor: Phillippines 11-07-12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by brianric, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Nov 7, 2012 #1 of 28
    brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ

Advertisements

I guess I know who Jeff voted for President. :D

Amazes me how a person who by his own admission made $60 million in baseball can be so money hungry.

2. Nov 7, 2012 #2 of 28
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Go Penner!!!

I am so glad he won immunity! I was cheering for him, just so it would foul up the others game.

3. Nov 7, 2012 #3 of 28
    vman

vman Member

Feb 9, 2001
    Vienna, VA
    Seemed to me it was more that he is ultra competitive, rather than just money hungry.

Awesome episode, from Penner winning immunity to that tribal council. I don't get what Skupin is thinking - they said repeatedly to his face they don't consider him part of their group, yet he keeps voting with them. I guess he and Lisa are convinced they can join others when they get down to 7 to knock off some of the "evil" group at that point.

4. Nov 8, 2012 #4 of 28
    JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    After over 20 seasons theres not a lot that shocks me on this show, but my jaw dropped when Abi blurted out that she had an HII at the slightest prompting from Jeff. A real 'what the he11 is she doing???' moment!

5. Nov 8, 2012 #5 of 28
    bleen

bleen Protein from the Sea

Aug 9, 2008
    Caldwell, NJ

Advertisements

Yeah that was a most bizarre tribal council and his parting comments were great (although technically the tax rate has been in effect for quite a while so it's not Obama that's taking it from him, but I guess ya gotta blame somebody :p )

6. Nov 8, 2012 #6 of 28
    inaka

inaka Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2001
    Jeff Kent is the same guy who won the NL MVP, got a huge contract and then ten years ago broke his wrist after crashing his motorcycle while popping wheelies, THEN lied about it by saying he did it at a do-it-yourself carwash "washing his truck". Let's just say that he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

7. Nov 8, 2012 #7 of 28
    MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I am not sure what Jeff meant when he said something like this will go down as one of the biggest blown opportunities in tribal council history... What was the meaning of that comment?

8. Nov 8, 2012 #8 of 28
  9. Nov 8, 2012 #9 of 28
    LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I assume he meant the ability to blindside someone and get rid of their idol at the same time.

10. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I took it to mean that they knew of at least one person who had an HII, and they did nothing to try to force it's play, or send Malcolm home with it in his pocket. And after having the other flushed out, no attempt to force the play of that one, either.

11. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    That's how I took it.

It was funny how they didn't want to believe Lisa about Malcolm having an idol. I was waiting for her to say "See, I told you!" when Malcolm pulled out the idol.

12. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    huh...I took it to mean that they wasted a chance to vote out someone in the power alliance (Peter, Artis, Abi-Normal, Lisa?).

There was no way Malcolm was going to give up the idol. This is textbook Survivor. There were considerable fissures in all alliances. You flash your idol around before the votes and you pretty much know that you won't get a single vote going your way. He was 100% safe and did not need to play it.

13. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
  14. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I really enjoyed this episode and I am cheering for Penner, Lisa and Denise - for any one of them to get to the end. It does seem like every episode has some sort of "Best tribal ever" or "dumbest move in the history of Survivor" or such.

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Definitely thought he was saying that they wasted the opportunity to vote out Pete and break up that alliance.

So how STUPID are Penner and Skupin? They're both on the outs. They know that if they don't win immunity, they're the top targets. Then things happen at TC that take the pressure off them and they have a way to get into a top 6 alliance. But NEITHER OF THEM VOTED THAT WAY!!! WTF?!? Penner voted for Abi and Skupin voted for Jeff. What were they thinking?

16. toddvj

toddvj New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    I am also rooting for Penner to go all the way. I've always thought he was an excellent player, just not great at making friends. Abi is probably one of the stupidest people ever to play the game.

17. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I took that totally different, that even with his sports achievements that he is such a fan of this game that he really wanted to win Survivor.

18. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Well Jeff was the MAIN driving force of the "get rid of the returning players" so maybe they think things could change with him gone.

Now why Penner voted for Abi, I have no idea.

19. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    That is exactly how I understood it as well.

My guess is he threw away his vote so he remains an "independent" with both factions vying for his allegiance. If he can make it work, it is brilliant.

20. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    that was my guess as well