Survivor: Philippines - 11/14/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rickvz, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Rickvz

Rickvz Active Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Greenville,...

Advertisements

Good for Skupin. I'm really tired of Abi and hope they can pull Lisa in next week and split the vote 3-3 for Abi and Pete to flush out her idol. If Lisa really can't break from her original tribe that has treated her like crap then it makes sense to vote her out next but i hope it doesn't come to that.

2. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Yeah, I don't get Lisa STILL voting for Penner after all that. At least Skupin saw the light.

3. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I am loving Penner! I hope he stays in it longer than abi, pete, carter or skupin.

And kudos to Artis for a great exit speech. That is the most I have liked him since the game started, but it was done well.

4. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Lisa surprised/disappointed me today in voting against Penner. I would like to see Lisa, Penner & Skupin in the final three.

5. bleen

bleen Protein from the Sea

Aug 9, 2008
    Caldwell, NJ

Advertisements

But it was great how Abi glared at Lisa and Lisa just looked back at her like she was the one that flipped o_O

6. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Lisa really is a pansy, and you can't fault the Machiavellian Abi (not too much, anyway, even though I can't stand her) for taking full advantage. Those claws appear to be in deep.

7. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Calling Abi Machiavellian is way overestimating her. Machiavellians are cool, logical and detached. She is anything but. She is paranoid, over reacts emotionally and discloses strategic information even when she does not need to (admitting she had a HII).

8. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Or like telling Lisa at TC that she's not trusted (i.e. will be voted out as soon as necessary).

I'm guessing that Lisa is trying to play to the jury... so she can later say "I never voted against my alliance". She knew that there were numbers to get rid of Artis so she throw away her vote on Penner in order to appear to be loyal to her alliance.

9. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I liked how Penner set Abi straight, "No, I voted for you". Abi just can't keep her mouth shut. That's her most annoying trait. Even when Lisa said "Can I talk now?" Abi still won't shut up.

10. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I think it's a play between Lisa & Mike to make it appear Lisa stayed with the alliance. This way have Abi look like the total moron she is which justifies her or Pete going next.

11. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Why Artis first? He is not a threat and not annoying. They should have blindsided Abi and gotten rid of the idol at the same time. If they were afraid of the idol they should have gone for Pete. No way Abi was giving him the idol.

12. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    There's zero reason for them to vote Abi out at this point. She's not a physical threat and she won't have many friends on the jury. She'd be perfect to take to the end.

13. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    abi seems so 'off' like she was raised in a bubble then let out for the show...certain 'get it' moments she just doesnt get

14. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    A pansy? I've never heard that term used other than to call a guy gay or effeminate. Do you mean a patsy?

And I agre that Abi isn't really Machiavellian, just mean and an idiot. She's obviously not a fan of the show and probably didn't go back and watch that much of previous seasons. It's obvious that for some of the contestants, producers go out and "find" them, instead of having them apply. Abi is a great villan and entertaining. You love to hate her.

I think that the other contestants know what a horrible person she is, and are keeping her along because she's not dangerous, and could be good to have to go against at the end. No one picked her to be on their team for the competition. That's both because she sucks, and they don't like her.

15. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Pansy meaning weak? I've heard it used that way.

16. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    The people at Ponderosa must be really boring... Jeff only got 2 videos and Artis only got 1!

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    That was hilarious when she said that and all the people in her alliance cringed, all the other people smiled, and the jury practically cheered. Everyone hates her, and everyone knows how emotional she is which leads to her saying stupid stuff when her buttons are pushed.
    They talked about it in the episode. They were afraid that Abi would either use the idol for herself or might possibly give it to Pete. They were certain that she wouldn't give it to Artis. So they did the safest thing and voted for the person that they knew they could get.

18. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Also, they didn't explicitly talk about this, but they didn't have the numbers to try and split the vote between Abi and Pete, especially when it didn't even look certain that Lisa and/or Skupin would flip.

19. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    The idea that Abi would give anything to anybody, let alone an Idol is just silly.

I loved her comment to Lisa "I already understand everything you are ABOUT to say"...LOL

I hate Abi!

20. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    That's why she's great TV. Jeff Probst and the producers even add to it by pointing out that she sits out challenges. Also in the past, if a person was sitting out because of uneven numbers, they let them go with the winning team. Here, they decided not to let her go. I suspect that if it was someone else sitting out, they would have let them go, but didn't with her because they don't like her either.