Survivor OAD 2/29 "One world is out the window"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by betts4, Feb 29, 2012.

1. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...

Advertisements

Yay so the girls won a couple challenges. Whee.

Well, I was excited for them to win the first challenge until they came back to camp, were so cold they had to go to the men's camp and huddle around the fire - and then be harsh when the men asked to use the canoe.

What? you can ask them for embers all the time and warm your hands, but you can't lend them a canoe? Not cool.

I like that the 'misfits' of the men have formed an alliance. This may be the first game where some of the weaker guys got smart enough to get together and stand up to the more physical players for control of the tribe. Good bye Matt!!!

Oh and the memory challenge - loved that Kat and Troyzon (?) had to go back and forth 7 times before they got it right. Jeff was amused.

2. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Oops I didn't see this as I started a thread. You beat me :)

Can't stand Colton. In a series that has unlikeable people every season he's making this season unwatchable.

3. Mar 1, 2012 #3 of 78
    steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I had to laugh at Bill's statement at tribal council. Not necessarily the context, but his demeanor.
    Made me think he found some exotic plant on the island and decided to smoke it beforehand. ;):D

4. Mar 1, 2012 #4 of 78
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Yes! I was wondering what he was so jacked up on. It was great that he was having such a blast. :)

5. Mar 1, 2012 #5 of 78
    caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003

Advertisements

I couldn't really see why Colton disliked him so much up until that moment, but the irony is that Colton is probably the most unlikeable Survivor player... ever. BTW, what's up with the 'ghetto trash' comment... really?

6. Mar 1, 2012 #6 of 78
  7. Mar 1, 2012 #7 of 78
    markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I was glad to see the girls win something finally. I was afraid that they would just implode like the girls team on Celebrity Apprentice.

Coulton is a terrible person in my opinion. I would definitely want him gone ASAP. It's strange that last episode he had checked out of the guys camp and was floating between the two camps and then this week he seems to be running the show (or at least thinks he is). Surely all that power didn't come from the HII. I wasn't paying much attention during tribal. Did he play the idol?

8. Mar 1, 2012 #8 of 78
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Nope, he still has it.

9. Mar 1, 2012 #9 of 78
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    And he smirked as he didn't play it. :rolleyes:

10. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    They really should but I don't think any of the guys want to backdoor Colton.

11. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Was too obvious imo what he was doing. As soon as he made his comment to Jeff, I said to my wife "He's not playing it, he just wants them to think he is"

12. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    lol

13. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    As much as I like to think myself as a gentleman (even a push-over), I would have told the women, "Canoe, or no more favors".

Any reason why Jeff cannot say what the other votes are? Has than been in the rules? I don't even think the ending speech show them either.

14. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    That immunity challange frustrated the h*ll out of me:

The reason the women won is because all they had to do was look over at the guys puzzle and match the pieces up. Yes they were different colors, but the pieces and puzzles were identical. That allowed them to negate a 5-7 minute lead.

Now I'm not saying that it wasn't smart for the women to do that, but I'm frustrated that the challenge isn't designed so that you can't see the other peoples work.

I've had this same frustration with a lot of the "puzzle" challanges. All that was needed was a curtain or some type of divider between the puzzles.

15. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    He never has said what the other votes have were.

And as a woman, I agree, no more favors until they put out something. Two hours of canoe borrowing per fire building or whatever. They are two rivaling communities.

16. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Why do the men have fire and the women don't? Did the men win fire starting tools? Or are the women just not able to figure it out on their own or keep one lit when they get it lit?

17. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

Agree with this. I didn't realize how much it was done until I read Jeff's Q&A about it.

I think this was one of those times that they should have had a partition up to prevent this from happening.

18. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    They won a tarp that help them block the rain from putting their fire out.

19. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Yeah, that was really odd-- particularly after he had just gotten through complaining about how much Bill's "surfer dude" voice and attitude bothered him. I'm not sure about California, but I've never heard many surfer dude voices coming out of the ghetto around here. ;)

20. Kablemodem

Kablemodem Get the ketchup.

May 26, 2001
    Sherman...
    The guys should have formed a wall between their puzzle and the girls when they realized the girls were copying.

Was this was the first time they didn't reveal all of the votes at the end? They showed two people writing, but didn't show their votes.