Survivor - OAD 04/30/09 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by buckeyenut, Apr 30, 2009.

1. buckeyenut

buckeyenut ██ █ ★ █ ██

Apr 1, 2004
    OH.........IO!!

Advertisements

Man I can't stand Coach. Seriously, Stephen (in his quote from the 'Scriptures') Coach? I think it was Jesus that said that you moron. Dude makes my skin crawl because I believe he's like this IRL.

2. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    What was written below Erinn's vote of Stephen? Anyone with HDTV can tell me.

3. buckeyenut

buckeyenut ██ █ ★ █ ██

Apr 1, 2004
    OH.........IO!!
    It said "I promise not again" or something like that.

4. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Thanks. I wonder why Erinn didn't vote for Debbie. Somewhat odd.

5. buckeyenut

buckeyenut ██ █ ★ █ ██

Apr 1, 2004
    OH.........IO!!

Advertisements

She's playing her version of the game. She doesn't write Debbie's name--and she promised not to write Sierra's. If she wiggles her way down to the final votes, she's trying to pull numbers--and her argument for writing Stephen's name is that he sent her to exile.

6. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i think it says not again swear...but i thought that meant never send me to exile again

so is cbs editing out the part where in the diary room coach says 'i know i'm lying but i'll never tell her that'

or does he believe he's not lying?

7. buckeyenut

buckeyenut ██ █ ★ █ ██

Apr 1, 2004
    OH.........IO!!
    I think you're right.

In addition, I think Coach is just a pathological liar--everything from his Amazon stories to how he's playing the game. The others pick up on it too; but, there isn't a lot they can do about it if he's wearing matching feathers around his neck.

Coach is one of those guys you start talking to in the bar and he sympathizes with everything you say--while trying to take your girlfriend home. Sorry, I've never hated a contestant on this show as much as him. Complete P.O.S.

8. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    At this point in the game everyone lies.

9. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I rolled when Coach compared himself to a scriptural martyr. Coach never disappoints! [​IMG]

10. veruca salt

veruca salt I want it NOW!!

Jun 30, 2007
    Coach is turning this from reality to comedy.

11. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Loved how Coach could not stop bragging about his mental toughness that won him the challenge...

doesn't "I'll never write your name again" also means she would not vote for him in the end as well?

12. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    The Dragon Slayer lives to fight again! I definitely don't want coach to win but don't mind him around for entertainment purposes.

It is so hard to comment on the strategies of the survivors because of the editing. We really don't know what goes on during the countless hours that they edit out.

But I am just wondering what the thinking was for JT and Stephen to vote Seirra out. Seems like the smart move would be to vote out Debbie. Sierra would have been lock vote against coach and would have really secured JT, Stevens, and Taj's spot in the game.

Erinn now becomes the swing vote. She has been coasting through the game and they hardly have spotlighted her. But now that she is a big time swing vote between the two alliances we'll see a lot more of her (which is a good thing). She'll get the "don't go with JT's alliance because you'll be the first out of the final four" from coach. I believe she will flip - better to be one of three then the first out of 4.

So I think it is now: Coach, Debra, Erinn Vs. JT, Steven and Taj.

It could have been Coach and Erinn Vs JT, Steven, Taj and Sierra, then after coach and Erinn are gone, get rid of Sierra and they would have secured the final 3 like clockwork.

13. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    Lying is the game. The best liar has a big advantage and coach is pretty good at it from a lifetime of practice and the best liars actually believe they are telling the truth.

14. bleen

bleen Protein from the Sea

Aug 9, 2008
    Caldwell, NJ
    As Ment pointed out, he was correct that it was Stephen that said that. Jesus did say it too, so we can stop short of returning your insult ;)

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    How funny that Coach said that Sierra is so delusional that she probably actually believes she's telling the truth. He was using Sierra to describe himself.

16. Dnamertz

Dnamertz Active Member

Jan 30, 2005
    I don't mind lying as a strategy to win the game, but Coach seems to actually believe he is telling the truth (I'm not sure if Debbie is convinced her lies are true). I can't wait until the reunion when Coach's "I never lie" claim is exposed. At least Sierra was successful at exposing Coach's lies before she left.

17. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I so want Debbie to leave. She asked Sierra a question, and when she didn't get the response she wanted, the coversation was over. And her crying is just too much.

I think Sierra got the short end of the stick this season, not sure why everyone was hating her.

18. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Did Stephen just play the nice guy and bring a dry sweater fir Erinn after Exile, or did he sneak a message to her in the sweater? Discuss amongst yourselves.

19. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I have zero doubt that coach could pass a polygraph while saying this crap. He is, quite simply, a pathological liar. To him a lie feels the same as the truth. People like that routinely pass polygraphs cause physiologically, their body doesn't process what they say as a lie. This is why Polygraphs are not admissible as evidence ( except for a government clearance, the irony of which, is not lost on me).

20. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    why didnt they shoot this show in summer? every time it rains you can tell no way is it 95 and they want the rain, it must be 70 or below and the rain is frrrrreezing.

I do that about once a century :)

oh i cant hate coach, i feel really bad for him because as a person, he must have a miserable life and the people around him, if there are any, really must be forgiving. Can you imagine a simple lending of a tool to a neighbor and him not returning it then him going into a diatribe about how he gave it back last month and maybe the dragon took it etc?

Id more give him patience and steady nerves, not toughness :eek: but if i was jeff i would have drove home even more why did it take so long to win? and lets be serious, there's a bit of strength needed to continually toss that thing to try to snare the other rope...so a smaller weaker person doesnt have that much a chance. So this is one he should have won.

Maybe he just 'misremembers"

first impressions last and i bet they were pissed she got the free ride at the start. and yes deb was a PITA, coach starts crap, sierra defends herself, then wrong answer and poof! deb's pissed. WHy in the diary room was she saying booo hoo i'm 46 and cant take this anymore when SHE was the one stirring up the pot? I can understand gameplay but why when she is alone is she trying to sell US the pity party. I dont agree with it but i would have been ok with her saying all that in public, and trying to get the sympathy there. But cutting off sierra is just snippy and will backfire. Also i loved taj etc admitting they knew and publicly acknowledged they know coach was a liar

dont know what could be in a message...i think he was being sweet and saying here is some warmth. Also what message would be beneficial at that point, they see each other after challenge for at least a few moments.