Survivor Nicaragua "Running The Camp" OAD 11-10-2010

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Nov 10, 2010 #1 of 100
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL

Advertisements

Well crap, I hate to see Marty go. He was the closest thing to a villain this season had left and I had him pegged to go far.

Chase was bonkers to side with the women in a challenge where weight mattered so much.

I don't know who I want to win now. Fabio or Purple Kelly because they aren't offensive? I like it when Survivor winners earn it, but I don't like Brenda but there isn't anyone else who seems to be working it right now.

2. Nov 10, 2010 #2 of 100
    Jody164

Jody164 New Member

Mar 2, 2003
    West Texas
    After the preview for next week, is the camp burned down? This season is getting better, tribal counsels are some of the best ever.

3. Nov 10, 2010 #3 of 100
    heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    About the preview.
    It seemed like they were looking at a smaller object or area than the camp itself. I'm clueless what they were looking at.

4. Nov 10, 2010 #4 of 100
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Preview talk needs to be SPOILERIZED :thumbsdown:

5. Nov 10, 2010 #5 of 100
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table

Advertisements

I'd say NaOnka fits that role. What a piece of crap she is.

6. Nov 10, 2010 #6 of 100
    heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    16 posts in in 7 1/2 years. I think we can cut them some slack. :)

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, but my opinion of Na went up a tiny bit at the TC tonight. Even though I can't relate to the kind of person she is, I can relate to her "this is who I am - deal with it" attitude.

7. Nov 10, 2010 #7 of 100
    tcristy

tcristy Member

Feb 11, 2005
    On the preview:
    I think while they were away from camp something got their chickens

8. Nov 10, 2010 #8 of 100
    sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Oh my gawd will they please get rid of NaOnka before I have to smash my TV? She is one of THE most unlikeable Survivors ever.

All during the reward challenge I was narrating horrible accidents she should have been having...

9. Nov 10, 2010 #9 of 100
    omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    They all know Naonka has the immunity idol. She may be psychic or very very lucky to have guessed that Marty or Jane had the target on their back. Why else after her bleeped speech at tribal would she not play it.

Or, has she figured out that most of the remaining players want to keep her around to draw the jury's negative vote.

10. Nov 10, 2010 #10 of 100
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    That's what she's banking on.

I enjoyed Marty's walk back to his seat after he voted.

11. Nov 10, 2010 #11 of 100
    uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    No, I think it's more simple than that.

I think Brenda, Sash, Kelly, Holly, Chase and Jane all assured her they were voting for Marty. I think they all knew pretty convincingly that Marty was going home, and only some clever editing kept it from us.

Marty was a jerk, but I started rooting for him a tad. Mostly because Jane is a bully and I don't like her. I did at first, but not now. And Brenda and Sash are too smug and I'm not liking them.

I'm still on board with Team Fabio, but those guys will be scrambling without Marty.

Naonka: "I'm a humanitarian" -- Even Fabio laughed at that one.

Chase: "Are you concerned, you look concerned? You're concerned. Are you concerned?" Oh dear, shoot me now.

12. Nov 10, 2010 #12 of 100
    Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2003
    I didn't get the Marty hate. Naonka can get hit by lightining for all I care though.

13. Nov 10, 2010 #13 of 100
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I liked Marty. Sorry to see him go. I hope Fabio wins it.

14. Nov 11, 2010 #14 of 100
    MegaHertz67

MegaHertz67 Registered Smart Ass

Apr 18, 2005
    Miami
    I completely agree. When he worked so hard to get Jimmy Johnson and Jimmy T booted, I didn't like him and didn't mind when the swap screwed him up. But seeing Brenda and Sash protect Na when she soooo deserves to go made me root for Marty to screw up their plans. But Marty kept telling Sash his plans, leaving him at Sash's mercy. He had to know he was going home soon.

15. Nov 11, 2010 #15 of 100
    pudding7

pudding7 New Member

May 13, 2002
    Los Angeles
    For the life of me, I couldn't understand what Marty was thinking. He was playing the game as if there was no such thing as alliances, or even cliques. He had no alliance, he barely had any friends, he was on the outs, and he has the weird guts to tell people "Here's the plan"?

Then he goes and tells Brenda(!) they're all voting for Naonka, but then f's it up by saying, "and then we'll blindside Jane". WTF? Dude, Brenda doesn't like you. You're not in her alliance, you're a direct competitor to her.

I can't figure out why he would trust Sash, or Brenda, or anyone for that matter.

16. Nov 11, 2010 #16 of 100
    TIVOSciolist

TIVOSciolist Bye to High Society

Oct 13, 2003
    Oakland,...
    I wouldn't mind if Fabio won. However, if he did, he might be the least intelligent person to have ever won Survivor. (I was ready to believe that him acting dumb might be an act until he urinated into the concrete pool during a previous challenge.)

I wouldn't have minded if Marty had stayed a bit longer just to stir things up. However, now that he is gone, the remaining players can proceed to get rid of the remaining old people and to turn on themselves.

This season is not exciting me very much.

17. Nov 11, 2010 #17 of 100
    Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Really sorry to see Marty go; he added a lot of much-needed spice to this season.

Sash and Brenda just validated the very alliance they were bemoaning and essentially guaranteed Jane final three...all while boasting that they were "running the camp." :rolleyes: Why the urgent need to vote out Marty? Align with Marty, blindside Jane, pick up Holly and a couple others who are now cast adrift, and create a situation where you're bringing at least one toxic individual (NaOnka or Marty) to the final.

Jane now has several people wrapped around her finger, and Sash and Brenda just gave up any hope of claiming long-term standing for themselves in this game. Their role as the odious snakes can now be explored without fear of reprisal, and they'll be gone in a second.

18. Nov 11, 2010 #18 of 100
    uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Yes, Brenda and Sash aren't nearly as smart (or safe) as they think they are. Like so many survivor contestants, they let emotions dictate their decisions. In a lot of ways, they're an alliance of 2. And one that others will realize needs to go.

Marty was so close to winning immunity. I wanted that, as it would have really shook up the voting. I wonder who all the people voting for Marty would have voted for...

I kinda wish Jimmy Johnson had been there at tribal council. Would have been interesting to see his comments.

19. Nov 11, 2010 #19 of 100
    Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    I was rooting for Marty more and more each week, and I think he was the best player in the game by a fair margin. I really like the way he played. He used the information he had to develop a strategy and had the courage to enact it. He didn't hide behind other players or simply hope to get lucky. And he was willing to take short term risks to increase his long term expectation. Also, he clearly loved the game.

Brenda continues to impress and disappoint at the same time. So much potential. She's such a ball-buster when she's dealing with men, but just rolls over for Na. If Na goes next week, it will be the best thing for Brenda's game. She'll have control of Sash and his idol, and control of Chase and his SC alliance.

20. Nov 11, 2010 #20 of 100
    Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    He seems smarter than the girl who won the first Russell season, and more aware of the game he's in.