Survivor Nicaragua "Company Will Be Arriving Soon" OAD 11-03-2010

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Nov 3, 2010 #1 of 59
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL

Advertisements

This season just got a lot more interesting with the merge.

Sorry to see Alina go, not so sorry to see Marty stay. NaOnka dodged a huge bullet and yet another episode goes by where there's no mention of her HII.

Regarding Nicaragua, I'm thinking this an awful location for Survivor. It's obvious the beaches and ocean are unsuitable for challenges, the jungle is pretty boring, the scenery is not extraordinary. Going forward, let's stick to locals with awesome HD scenery.

Marty can't last much longer...

2. Nov 3, 2010 #2 of 59
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    What is wrong with these people?!! Fabio is the only one making sense!!

3. Nov 3, 2010 #3 of 59
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    NaOnka is a... I can't say it. But she is.

4. Nov 3, 2010 #4 of 59
    sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    When Holly saw Naonka taking the flour, tell people. Follow her. Confront her. Nah, just keep quiet. :rolleyes:

5. Nov 3, 2010 #5 of 59
    uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South

Advertisements

Most everyone is so scared to stand out. So scared of confrontation. So lame.

I appreciate Fabio with his simple honesty and thinking out loud. It seems to work in keeping him safe too.

Why did everyone hate Alina? I kinda liked her. Benry called her a dirt squirrel? What was that about? Why's he hate her?

6. Nov 3, 2010 #6 of 59
    omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    Am I the only one who thinks it's seriously flawed logic to keep Naonka around just because she would make "me" look good when it comes to a jury vote?

It seems way to early to make that argument right after the merge.

7. Nov 3, 2010 #7 of 59
    uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Sash is full of himself, and it will probably be his downfall. I agree it's too soon to think about who you want in the final three. And I too would want to get rid of meanies and duds. But it happens most seasons; duds and meanies stick around.

8. Nov 3, 2010 #8 of 59
    Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    So what did happen with the HII that Sash has that is "Marty's"? I remember Sash saying he has to give it back, but did I miss the clip in which he did give it back to Marty?

9. Nov 3, 2010 #9 of 59
    uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I think it only went back to Marty if Marty was in danger of being voted out. Guess he wasn't.

The way Marty went off on Jane in Tribal Council yet only had two votes against him (Jane and Alina) makes me think Marty was safe and everyone knew he was safe.

10. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I thought the terms were that Marty got it back for the next tribal. If I was Sash I would have given it back to him (if he was going to honor his word, not sure I would or not, but that is another debate) and let Marty worry about if he should use it again or not. Sash owes him nothing more after that, Marty can ask if he is in trouble and Sash can decide to tell him or lie to him, but again that is another debate that wasn't covered in the previous agreement, IIRC.

11. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    If he gives it to Marty he he might use it and it's gone. If he doesn't give it to Marty but makes sure Marty is safe, he's kept his word and still has the HII.

So Naonka said she took the flour so she could divide it up...:rolleyes: What about the other stuff she took. Was she going to divide up the frying pan too? :rolleyes:

12. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I dunno exactly. But if Sash gave it back, then Marty could just keep it as long as he liked. I don't think Sash was going to risk that. The idol is his.

I don't like Sash. And I just don't get the "let's lay around and do nothing" philosophy. I'd lose my mind, and there do seem to be things they could be doing.

13. nmiller855

nmiller855 Active Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
    The preview for next week's tribal council looks interesting. I don't know what Alina did to make most of them vote for her. I wasn't surprised that Nawhatever pulled Alina in on her theft and then voted for her to leave. What a snake. Please tell me the school has already publicly that she will no longer be welcome to be around kids, especially those with physical limitations.

14. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I'm so hating this season, but I just can't stop watching.:eek:

I don't like any of the players. The challenges have been awful. And I can't stand any of the players. Even the blogs of Jeff and Dalton have been awful this year...probably because the season is so awful. Ugh.

So why can't I stop watching????

15. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I'm trying to remember the beginning of this season, because people were talking about Alina's true colors showing on day one, but I can't recall anything of significance. Anyone?

Marty is still one of the more lucid competitors this season, but then he interacts with Jane and it all goes out the window. He's absolutely right: she'll go deep in this game and have a real shot at winning it all, particularly if it comes down to a memory immunity challenge near the end. He should be in a prime position in this game, and I'm marveling at how he's managed to screw it all up.

NaOnka...what else is there to say? She's a psychopath, and for some reason they keep thinking too far ahead and tolerating her because everyone has designs on looking like the saint of the final three. Personally, I'd take the risk and get rid of her to retain my sanity, which is probably an even more crucial component for the rest of the game.

It's not so much what she says that's annoying me these days. It's the way she eats, that gigantic trap of hers moving up and down, lips puffing out all the while. I'd love to punch her square in the jaw.

I agree that everything seems half-assed this season: Probst isn't as engaged with the contestants as usual, the casting was awful (save for Fabio, the lone voice of sanity and perhaps the only palatable dark horse left), and the challenges are as dull as they've ever been. Once NaOnka goes down, hopefully in a very public fashion, I'm done. Sadly, this will probably mean sticking it out to the finale. :(

16. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Speaking of the challenge, I loved the way Jane won her part and then kept going with the remaining guys. Jane is okay in my book, maybe my new favorite to win.

17. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    I don't know if she'll win, but she's becoming my favorite player as well. :up:

I wonder what Alina did to annoy everyone so much. They certainly didn't show anything to us. :confused:

18. Byteofram

Byteofram Survivor of C-bus

Oct 29, 2004
    Buckeye Land
    While I respect Jane for her ability in challenges and her apparent (hard to say with editing) work ethic...I really can't stand her. I'd personally like to see Nakompoop and then her gone. Marty thinks because he's watched Survivor and has it figured out that he knows everything, but he keeps messing up. Really surprised he's still around but Sash stuck by his word which is probably Marty's saving grace.
    I bet they do a better job scouting out the next location. Not being able to use the water has really hurt the show this season.

19. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Fabio is hilarious, and dumb enough to be honest, which is endearing. He's my favorite to watch. But does he have a chance of winning? I see him getting played at some point and blindsided.

I like Chase too, but Brenda seems to control him. So, I can see him getting played too.

Marty, Jane, and Brenda all have things that really annoy me about them, but also things I admire:
    Jane's kooky obsession with Marty is unwarranted based on what we've seen. I think she's batty. Seriously. You just cant allow yourself to hold a grudge in Survivor. She's not in a great position, but she's incapable of seeing it. But, she's tough and entertaining.

Brenda is smart and courageous, but her devotion to Na baffles me, and she has an arrogant streak.

Marty is also smart, courageous, and arrogant, but he hasn't been in a position to gloat for a while, so I kind of root for him as an underdog--and he did get screwed by the reshuffling.​

My biggest fear is Na winning this game. She'd be worse than that B that won last season. Hopefully it will rain for a few days and she'll fall apart again and walk out.

20. HoosierFan

HoosierFan Board game geek

May 8, 2001
    North...
    She did mention at one point that she had it when she was talking to the camera about Sash getting the other Idol.