Survivor Fiji Didn't Record

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by cmeinck, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Feb 8, 2007 #1 of 24
    cmeinck

cmeinck Member

Sep 18, 2003

Advertisements

I set up two Tivos to record the season premiere and it didn't tape. Anyone else experience problems with tonights episode.

2. Feb 8, 2007 #2 of 24
    gquiring

gquiring New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Matawan, NJ
    I setup a season pass which worked fine on ch80.

3. Feb 8, 2007 #3 of 24
    cmeinck

cmeinck Member

Sep 18, 2003
    That's odd, I did the same thing. Season pass shows next episode, but failed to record. Looks like I'll have to view it online or via iTunes.

4. Feb 8, 2007 #4 of 24
    Dssturbo1

Dssturbo1 New Member

Feb 22, 2005
    nope my hd tivo and s3 tivo both recorded it.

5. Feb 8, 2007 #5 of 24
    litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...

Advertisements

What does it say under your "To Do List" -> "View Recording History"? It should tell you why it didn't record.

6. Feb 9, 2007 #6 of 24
    Billy66

Billy66 Again with shoelaces

Dec 15, 2003
    Both the HR20 and the TiVo got it for me. Check for padding conflicts.

7. Feb 9, 2007 #7 of 24
    Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    Probably a coincidence, but I have been having a hard time recording off my SD DriecTV local CBS station for a couple of nights. Boith times, it looked like it was recording, but when I went to play it, only the green background showed with a progress bar that had the correct time, but no green for the show. Both times, I tried to watch while the recording was in progress. I wonder what would have happened if I let it record.

When I tried to manually tune the channel, it said it had no signal.

Both times I went to the HD channel which was fine and then was able to go to teh SD channel again, but it still would not record.

It happened with the Duke - UNC mens game Wednesday, which was shown locally by my CBS affiliate (which means I got crappy SD while the rest of you could watch the ESPN HD coverage) and with Survivor Thursday. However, after the issue with the game, I rebooted the machine at about 11:15 Wednesday night and it still happened Thursday.

I will try some expirements this weekend, but it is not a huge problem as long as I can record the HD channel, but it sucks missing the first 20 minutes of Survivor.

8. Feb 9, 2007 #8 of 24
    cmeinck

cmeinck Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Thanks. I wasn't aware of this feature. It says it didn't record because a member of my household had modified the season pass. Odd, because it didn't record other programs during this time slot. I'm going to pick up episode 1 off iTunes and move Survivor Fiji to the top priority on both sets. Thanks for your help.

9. Feb 9, 2007 #9 of 24
    Ragnar D.

Ragnar D. New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Belmont, CA
    I also missed the premiere due to the mystery "someone modified the season pass" message. Pisses me off.

At least glad it wasn't just my machine going wacky. It must be some weird bug in the machine or the guide data..

oh well...

Rags

10. mroot

mroot Member

Mar 13, 2004
    Omaha
    What was the down side of it not recording?

11. Markman07

Markman07 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 18, 2001
    Minnesota
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

12. oldskoolboarder

oldskoolboarder New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Obviously this still is not in HD. However, I do recall that the Superbowl commercials for Survivor were shown in widescreen, not pillar boxed. What gives? Worst case they can give us a widescreen version.

13. gdomeier

gdomeier New Member

Nov 6, 2001
    Sartell, MN USA
    My survivor wish list did this yesterday as well. It also did it about 5 times last season. It is very annoying. I had been blaming my kids for modifying the season pass, but I am quite sure they did not.

If any finds a solution, I would appreciate it.

14. fertree

fertree New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    North America
    My To Do list said I had deleted it, (gotta stop that sleepwalking). Fortunately, I had planned to tape East coast, and discovered the error just before West coast started.

15. thumperxr69

thumperxr69 New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Central IL
    Never have previews of Survivor been in Widescreen.....

It will stay in SD until HD cameras are disposable. :rolleyes:

T

16. hookbill

hookbill Feathered Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Northeast Ohio
    I saw it recording tonight on my S3. I did record it off the HD channel because I wanted Dolby 5.1.

17. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    It has been reported by MANY people here in the past week that previews during the Super Bowl were indeed in widescreen, despite the show still being aired in SD.

18. Todd76

Todd76 Member

Jan 12, 2002
    Wilmette, IL
    Same here

19. leesweet

leesweet TC Special Member

Mar 13, 2004
    Northern VA...
    Ditto here... Noted the red light wasn't on at 8:30 and pushed the record button. History shows 'someone mod'd it' and didn't happen as no one here touches the Tivos except me. :) If it matters, it was set to record (SP) off the local OTA HD CBS affil.

Next week's is in ToDo, but do we trust it?

Now, is this a 'b' issue or something just random? Not a disk space issue, as this is my 800GB box, and it even has some suggestions it could delete if it wanted.

20. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    It won't be 5.1 until it's HD, if even then.

Upconverted SD video and Dolby 2.0 audio.

If it is showing as 5.1 on your receiver, your affiliate is forcing 5.1 all the time, faking it.

phox