Survivor: Edge of Extinction OAD 3-20-2019

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Mar 21, 2019.

1. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Watching Aubry go out with an HII and an advantage in her pocket was terrific. She shouldn't have felt so safe.

On the other hand, watching Wendy finally leave was the best. I can't believe everyone put up with her nuttiness for so long. Not just put up with it, but humored her. She had to go.

Also, if Wardog ever has to go to war, I hope he doesn't have to throw a grenade 'cause he's gonna blow himself up. Unbelievable how bad he was at throwing those sandbags.

It's interesting how raw the nerves are on Extinction Island. I guess it was nice that they were given something to do this week. I'm curious how this is all going to play out.

I'm withholding judgement on the whole Extinction/Redemption concept this season. Not crazy about it on the face of it, but we're stuck with it so I'm hoping they do something original. And soon.

I'm ready for a merge. Didn't watch the previews for next week, so I don't know one way or the other, but it's probably time for that to happen.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  2. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    What was it with pulling the rod out under water with the bad challenge group? It's not logical that the other two tribes removed theirs easily, while three people couldn't pull it on multiple attempts.

They had to edit out fails to build drama or something was wrong with theirs.

3. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    Regarding Wendy, in this double episode she moved from nuttiness to just plain stupid. She was directly asked about her strategy, which resulted in a blank look. Since she didn't seem to understand the word strategy (or, for that matter, the words "what's" and "your") they offered her one. Another blank look. Aubry's confessional said it all, you can't even use her as a goat, she's too damn dumb.

Wardog: If someone were to poke this guy with a pin and deflate all his hot air, there would be nothing left.

Extinction Island: I think everyone is on edge because of the pleasant demeanor of Reem, whose goal in life is to get along with everybody, and facilitate their getting along with each other. Oh wait, it's totally not.

This is not a fun season to watch.

VegasVic, stellie93 and lalouque like this.
  4. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    Sad to see Aubry go. She has been on of my favorites in past seasons. Who know, maybe she comes back from EoE. My wife and I were wondering, does she get to keep her idol and extra vote if she earns her way back in to the game?

From the second advantage, it is certain now that the people on EoE are going to have to compete to come back in to the game. Will that favor the late comers (Aubry & Wendy) since people like Reem & Nick have been suffering on very little for much longer?

Wardog is a terrible thrower. He should not have been throwing beanbags during that competition. Let someone else try after a couple of bad throws. Lauren did a little better, but she is obviously suffering from lack of food.

Has Survivor every had that type of TC with two tribes voting a single person? I can't remember seeing that before. It proved to be a nice dynamic. I would not have expected it to go to drawing rocks. Who would risk their own safety for Wendy (or even Lauren)? Scrambling at TC is always fun to watch.

kettledrum and tonestert like this.
  5. heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    No, they are lost to her.

6. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I would have lost it if I saw Wendy eating a cheeseburger after her self righteousness hypocritical attitude of killing a chicken to feed starving people.

stellie93 and JFriday like this.
  7. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    Yup. And to show the Survivor Gods have a sense of humor, one of the tribes was named Mana.

8. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I'm enjoying this season, although with the one tribe doing so horrible they seem to be getting most the airtime. I thought it was a brilliant move by the redhead to get Aubry out (I don't even know her name). Merge already so we can get to know who everyone is.

9. heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I’ve been calling her Pippi Longstocking.

I’m enjoying this season, also.

10. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Yeah. That was some top notch game play. You have to be a really good actor to convincingly fake out a veteran player like Aubrey, and Victoria absolutely schooled her.

This season is unique because it seems like so many people are determined to take out the returning players. It will be interesting to see if the remaining returnees can get a foothold once the merge comes.

11. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix Brr. It's Chile here

Feb 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I started to like Victoria this episode. I loved her declaration that she can befriend people and then vote them out without hesitation. I’ll be rooting for her going forward.

12. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    As I said last post, Wendy, I'd bet was recruited, not a fan of the show. She seemed completely clueless on how to play, even how to do any kind of simple strategy. Could be her edit, but that's the impression I get.

Sorry to see Aubrey go, I agree, she's a favorite of mine.

Wardog needs to go next. Pompous jerk.

13. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Pompous jerk that can't throw to save his life.

14. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Pompous jerk who can't throw to save his life and thinks he's too good to work around camp. ;)

lalouque and gweempose like this.
  15. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I was very surprised by how bad he is at throwing because he has an athletic build. I guess that's why you should never judge a book by its cover. :)

kettledrum likes this.
  16. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    I have no problem judging Lauren and Victoria by their [lack of] cover. ;)

17. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I hate when players who have not watched the game are chosen. What a waste. And if Wendy HAS watched Survivor in the past she's even dumber than I already thought she was (is).

Steveknj likes this.
  18. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I'm having a really hard time with calling Wendy nutty and stupid when she's not neurotypical. Would you make fun of a player with a prosthetic leg because they weren't any good at running?

19. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Just when I thought I couldn’t dislike Reem any more.

Psst ... you DID basically give it away, ya big B.

kettledrum, LlamaLarry and stellie93 like this.
  20. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    We call her nutty and stupid because...well, she's that. Nothing to do with her health issues. There are plenty of very smart, very bright, non-neurotypical people...she just happens to not be one of them (and I concede it might be her edit). I will say that I think she got chosen to play partly because of it, and her appearance and she has an interesting personality. But honestly, I don't think she gets the game.
    (as an aside, two of my children could be considered non-neurotypical and I don't take disparaging people like that, who don't understand what they go through, easily).

VegasVic likes this.