Survivor: Cambodia "Survivor MacGyver" OAD 9/30/2015

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Sep 30, 2015.

1. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL

Advertisements

I don't usually notice (or complain) about the producers telegraphing which tribe is going to TC, but this is the 2nd week in a row where it's been glaringly obvious. Do not like.

Anyway, Ta Keo (I just looked that up :) ) lost again and Shirin is the unlucky one. That makes me kinda sad, but that's Survivor for you and it'll happen again. There aren't very many bad guys this season.

Shirin, you were a knucklehead for participating in making fun of Abi. That's what you should be apologizing for. It doesn't matter if she earned it, PROTECT YOUR NUMBERS!

Was that challenge another repeat from the Way Back When Times? The TiVo program guide data alluded to it, but I didn't remember. Spencer was soooo close, just reversed.

From the preview for next week.
    A shake-up into 3 tribes is coming next week. Spencer is the luckiest guy in the game for now.

How will they divvy up the reward/split the camps?

I'm liking this season, but please please give us more balanced time between tribes. Doesn't have to be 50/50, but something better than what we got tonight.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  2. Oct 1, 2015 #2 of 42
    JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I loved tonight's episode. Shirin is one of my least favorite players ever. She got what she deserved after whining last season about nobody standing up for her,and she just sits there yucking it up as everyone laughs at Abi with her basically right there.

3. Oct 1, 2015 #3 of 42
    latrobe7

latrobe7 Fine for real TCF Club

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    Glad to see Shirin gone, but Abi is nuts. Someone might think Abi's the perfect person to bring to the end because no one would vote for her, but that plan is likely to blow up in the face of whomever tries it. I'm looking at you Varner.

4. Oct 1, 2015 #4 of 42
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
  5. Oct 1, 2015 #5 of 42
    Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...

Advertisements

This is exactly how I feel. I understand and totally support the idea of bringing along terrible players so you can win. But I think it is next to impossible to bring Abi along and keep her under control long enough to serve your purposes.

Some people are just too toxic. It's like making friends with a scorpion to sting your enemies. Sooner rather than later, the scorpion will sting you instead.

6. Oct 1, 2015 #6 of 42
    Necromancer2006

Necromancer2006 Active Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Spencer was definitely right - she (Abi) is a cancer in the tribe. She's an emotional ticking time bomb that will do nothing but sow discord between people and bring disharmony to the collective group. They should have voted her out the first week and left Vytas to remain creepy. They might have had a shot at getting a faster start on the puzzle.

Abi has to be the next to go on that tribe, but I don't see it happening. Both sides will look to protect her so they can sit next to her at the end. This is the earliest I can recall players looking to sit someone next to them in the finals.

Until she is gone, her tribe will likely continue to lose.

7. Oct 1, 2015 #7 of 42
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    It's been like this for a few seasons at least. Wife and I almost always guess which tribe is winning the challenge and who's going to be targeted based on screentime and we are usually right. I think though a lot of it comes from watching for so long we can pick on on things a newer viewer might not. I guess showing 42 minutes a week out of 3 days worth of footage, it's are to avoid that.

I agree with this and I think at some point, when it's no longer worth it, they'll cut her loose. She's the type that needs to be noticed and if she's not, she's angry. She said something telling that reveals this last night. She was talking to Shirin and Shirin apologizes and she said, something like, you saw me sitting alone and you didn't come and see if I was ok? Like she can sit there an pout and expect everyone to come running to check on her. She's an adult isn't she?

8. Oct 1, 2015 #8 of 42
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    That's debatable.

9. Oct 1, 2015 #9 of 42
    lalouque

lalouque Quilter-Cat Slave TCF Club

Feb 11, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    My first thought when Abi went off to pout alone was that Boston Rob would have NEVER allowed that to happen. He was such a master at keeping everyone in his alliance happy and believing he was always there for them. Shirin was her own downfall and I'm certain she will admit to it (in hindsight).

10. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Pretty big spoiler for next week in DR's recap

11. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    She already did at tribal and in her post-tribal confessional. :)

12. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    Speculation on Kelly's idol based on the preview for next week.

Kelly buried her idol near her camp and didn't keep it with her. If during the tribe switch, she ends up going to a different location, she could basically have to leave the idol behind.

13. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    She would be a fool not to take it with her to every challenge since the first tribal went "straight" from the challenge.

14. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    That was an immunity challenge, they usually do the tribe switch before reward challenges. I'll be curious to see if she brings it with her.

15. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    That's all they have done so far this season. Still an interesting thing to watch for.

16. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Does anybody bring their stuff to every challenge, I imagine they just bring their stuff after switches, they know where she hid it why couldn't they retrieve it for her. Or they can just send her back to the same camp since they know she hid the idol or close enough that she can find it.

17. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    OK, I was Shirin's biggest fan, but she totally blew it. She turned and walked away while Abi and PG went at it, and didn't properly tend to her flock. Boston Rob would never allow anything like that to happen.

But I love the theme of this week: how Abi, Shirin, and Spencer are all essentially the same person they were the first time they played. They spend a lot of time talking about how they have changed, but in fact they are just the same.

Vytas was "the same, but more so", and it got him voted out.

Jeff Varner seems to be the one who has actually changed; I guess it takes 15 years to really develop as a person. Although his "I voted out one of my alliance in order to show my alliance that they need to vote out someone on the opposing alliance!" theory is nonsensical, it looks like he got away with it.

18. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Why?

19. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    Because she's a smart, interesting oddball.

20. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Well I agree with oddball.