Survivor Cagayan : "Chaos Is My Friend" : OAD 4-30-2014

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Apr 30, 2014.

1. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL

Advertisements

It might be debatable if Tony is smart or dumb, but Tasha is great. Three IMs in a row and cozying up to the other 3 girls lit a perfect storm under Tony's ass. Spencer did a pretty good job in the supporting role.

Personally, I think Tony made a mistake here. He's guaranteed the final 4 at this point, it's just a matter of who he sits there with. Jeffra would have been better than Spencer for him.

So, aside from not bidding against Tony and Spencer at the auction, I think Tasha has played as close to a perfect game as she could the last few weeks. I hope she finds a way to win it all.

2. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Tony has been playing the "hardest", but it could bite him in the arse at the final TC (if he gets there), ala Russell

3. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I think Spencer has been playing as "hard" as Tony, but in a more defensive way. I like Spencer or Tasha better than Tony, but have to give Tony props. He's certainly the odds-on favorite to win at this point. Though he's not great at challenges... that could be his downfall at the end of he's going against Spencer and/or Tasha.

4. dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    The idols may give Tony the edge, but he is making a bitter jury...

5. May 1, 2014 #5 of 38
    WO312

WO312 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...

Advertisements

Yea, I don't think Tony is playing that smart of a game. He could very well drive Trish and Kass over to Spenser and Tasha. Problem is, he can defend both himself and Wu with his 2 idols. But if the 4 played it right, they could flush both idols, lose one of themselves in the vote, and still have a 3 - 2 advantage.

I'm not sure Trish is that smart though.

And I dislike Kass a little more every week. What a stupid thing to say that she liked to see Spenser being worried, or something to that effect.

6. May 1, 2014 #6 of 38
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Let's think about who is on the jury so far:

Sarah: No way she's voting for Tony
    Morgan: No way she's voting for Tony
    LJ: Blindsided by Tony
    Jeremiah: Don't think he'd vote for Tony
    Jefra: Blindsided by Tony

Basically, I think it would be almost impossible for Tony to win at this point. He's making the classic mistake of not looking far enough ahead. He's too focused on making it further in the game and doesn't appear to have thought at all about what happens when he gets there.

Great work by Spencer planting the seeds of paranoia in Tony's mind. And since the seeds were based in truth, Jefra dug her own grave when she immediately confirmed Spencer's story at TC.

Tasha is a challenge beast! That ball maze didn't look all that hard. Why couldn't anyone else but Woo seem to make any progress?

I was surprised that Jeff let multiple people bid $500 on the advantage. I think that's the first time that's ever happened. I wonder if they planned in advance for that contingency or if they made it up on the spot when it was clear that multiple people were holding their $500 for the advantage. And that allowed some others to get some great deals on the food. For those that were clearly not saving their cash to bid on the advantage, I wonder why they didn't bid up some of the other items. It will be interesting to see if the producers change the rules next season to fix that.

Tony got pretty lucky with drawing the black rock and now he's guaranteed final four. Whether he can make final three (or final two) depends on his performance in challenges and to this point, he's not done much.

7. May 1, 2014 #7 of 38
    Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    This move made ZERO sense to me. Tony is guaranteed the final 4 so he should be playing an end game only. What does he care about an all girl alliance?

Tony just had the person he wants to sit against in the final voted out.

8. May 1, 2014 #8 of 38
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I wonder why Tasha didn't go for the advantage at auction?

I was thinking it would have given her and Spencer a better chance at getting the advantage over Tony.

And I do give Tony kudos for remembering that they do that in every game and not giving in to his hunger - Spence and Tasha also.

Tony, Tasha and Spence in the final three? I think Tasha will win hands down.

9. May 1, 2014 #9 of 38
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I thought Tasha was so dumb for not bidding on the clue (or what they thought was an advantage). She needed to lessen Tony's chances of winning the thing. Then the auction ends and she gets nothing. :mad:

But then she gets IM for the third time in a row so it didn't matter.

10. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I thought it was dumb of her as well but then she said that she thought this item they were bidding on gave an advantage during the challenge and she was hoping there would be another item to bid on for a clue to the HII.

So that makes her extra smart in my view. It was a calculated gamble and she lost, but it was excellent thinking on her part. An HII is much more powerful than an advantage at the challenge.

11. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I guess my thought was - Have they ever had more than one advantage item at auction?

12. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    True. But Spencer already had a 50% chance of winning. Her $500 could go to making the chance 67% or gambling it on the hope that there would be a clue. So I do give her credit for putting some thought into her action, unlike Kass :)

13. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    But to give them a chance at lessening Tony's chance I think it would have been worth it.

I was waiting to hear Spence and Tasha say something like, hey if one of us wins we share the clue?

14. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    At that point, they thought it was an advantage in the immunity challenge. So they wouldn't have been able to share it.

15. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'm glad they had changed the rules so it wasn't just the first person to shout "$500". I've always thought that was stupid.

16. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Boy...that II sure looked like it was barely 1/8" underground or barely covered with leaves. I wonder if people feel differently about Tony finding last week's idol now.

17. WO312

WO312 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    Anubys. Calling Anubys. :)

18. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    With the two idols he has and only two more tribal councils to use them, he's probably going to have a huge say over the next two to go as well. If everyone else tries to blindside Tony and vote him out then with his special idol his vote could be the only vote that matters and sends the next person to the jury. Definitely not a way to get votes in the final tribal council.

19. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    you rang? :D

Nope. Still feel the same. In fact, more convinced than ever. The other one was buried deeper and it looks like it took him hours just to find the tree mentioned in the clue. Imagine if you don't even know which tree or that the clue is even buried!

In a way, I don't blame them. The show would have totally tanked without Tony because the rest of the cast is as bland (sorry Jefra) as can be. They had to do something to keep the show interesting.

20. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ