Survivor - Braun, Beauty, Brains - Season Thread

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bryhamm, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Feb 26, 2014 #1 of 113
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

Advertisements

Wow. The brains are gonna dwindle quickly. While I get "why" they did the moves they did, they are gonna backfire in the long run imo.

2. Feb 26, 2014 #2 of 113
    dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Could be either the earliest tribe mix up or extinction ... Naionka has a Sister? :D

3. Feb 27, 2014 #3 of 113
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    What a laugh.

The brains are just not that smart about all this.

And not voting out the person that dumped the rice into your fire. Oh my.

On the other hand, I could look at the leader of the beauty team all day. Oh my yes!!!

4. Feb 27, 2014 #4 of 113
    MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I am a little surprised that Jeff hasn't asked the tribes about the decision that the first folks had to make when they arrived at their camp...

Garrett obviously is gone, so he won't feel the consequence of his decision... And Trish decided to choose the extra rice for her tribe, so she won't have any problems...

Morgan on the other hand... (1) Why hasn't she broken free and taken some more time to find the idol? (2) When do you think her lie to the beauty tribe come back to bite her?

5. Feb 27, 2014 #5 of 113
    Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004

Advertisements

Very entertaining. I enjoyed seeing Vegas sleaze Garrett get blindsided even though it left one of my early favorites, Spencer, in a bad spot, and saved a worthless lump of flesh like J'Tia.

Is J'Tia must be the biggest PhD fraud in the history of the sciences? Affirmative.

That cheerleader is the hottest fat girl in the history of Survivor.

#Spyshack. His nervous energy is off-putting, on the other hand I do love a scrambler. But, he's comic relief, so he'll get booted by mid-game. The female cop seems to have her stuff together, though.

6. Feb 27, 2014 #6 of 113
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Good start. The blindside of Garret took me by surprise.

7. Feb 27, 2014 #7 of 113
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    What was as surprising is he left his idol back at camp! What a dope! Even if you feel confident, anything can transpire at council and may want to use it after what you've heard!

8. Feb 27, 2014 #8 of 113
    heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I wonder if Garret's idol left back at camp is fair game for anyone who stumbles across it.

9. Feb 27, 2014 #9 of 113
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Morgan. Wow. Finally a girl with some meat on her bones. Big fan already.

I never understand why people lie about what they do when they are just a working-class person. It would make sense to hide the fact that you are a millionaire, but to hide that you are a cop is just gameplay that shows you don't really understand the game.

I like that the hidden immunity idols were not places that someone would normally look, but the clues were really straight out spoilers. Except Morgan couldn't find hers. But I thought I saw it in one of the crevices right before they went to commercial.

And how can anyone do anything secretly with the cameraman following them around? If you spot a cameraman you know one of your tribemates is there.

I loved seeing Garrett eliminated. He is no Boston Rob for sure. He needed to just be quiet and play the game but he tried to take control (seriously, telling people they couldn't talk to each other?) and it blew up in his face.

And one more Morgan for the road.

[​IMG]

10. Feb 27, 2014 #10 of 113
    cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    "They're real and they're spectacular"

11. Feb 27, 2014 #11 of 113
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Good start and I'm loving having no RI. And I love having all new players. I always enjoy the first few episodes. Everyone comes into the game convinced they are smarter than everyone else and they are going to dominate. I love blindisides like we saw last night.

12. Feb 27, 2014 #12 of 113
    MegaHertz67

MegaHertz67 Registered Smart Ass

Apr 18, 2005
    Miami
    I posted this on Monday in the thread about the preview show that was on:
    I knew David Sampson would not win it, but I didn't expect him to get booted first.

Let's enumerate his mistakes:
    1. Allowing himself to be identified as "the leader" put the target on him.
    2. Not even appearing to agonize over the decision to single someone out made him look bad.
    3. The fact that he picked the biggest and fittest looking person in his group as the "weakest" made him look ridiculous.
    4. Defending the strategy of that pick as one for later in the game made him stand out as a threat.
    5. The fact that his pick allowed Garrett to find the immunity idol while swearing to take David out was just Karmic justice for wearing a blazer to a tropical beach and looking like Thurston Howell III's idiot son. (wow, I feel old for that dated reference)

And all of that happened before they even reached camp for the first time. So David's gone, Garrett's gone. Kassandra and Spencer are left clinging to each other? Kassandra is aligned with the crazy person that dumped the rice and ensured they will all be weak and starving?

The Brains tribe wasn't very smart. Somewhere Cochran is laughing his butt off.

13. Feb 27, 2014 #13 of 113
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    None of the 3 "leaders" had any idea why they were told to pick the weakest player and didn't know those picked would be given an opportunity to find the HII but yeah picking Garrett was dumb. Your prediction on how David would do are eerily accurate.

14. Feb 27, 2014 #14 of 113
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    You think she is fat?

15. Feb 27, 2014 #15 of 113
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Both of these!!!!

16. Feb 27, 2014 #16 of 113
    heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I figured it was a poor attempt at trolling.

17. Feb 27, 2014 #17 of 113
    kettledrum

kettledrum Active Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Fishers, IN
    She is definitely not fat.

She also has some very nice pictures on her instagram page.

The downside is that it was mentioned on some other forums that she is good friends with Colton. Colton told casting about her and told them if they thought he was bitchy they needed to meet her and they cast her. :eek:

18. Feb 27, 2014 #18 of 113
    tivoboyjr

tivoboyjr Unregistered User

Apr 28, 2003
    If you have a career where your reputation is everything and you are dependent on other people hiring you and keeping you employed, like I don't know, a nuclear engineer, then maybe going on TV and looking like both an idiot and a crazy person isn't a great idea. But I guess that's what idiots and crazy people do.

If you think Morgan is fat, you need to get your eyes checked. She is a very healthy, very hot young woman.

Garrett, Mr. Strategy, may be the worst player in Survivor history. Wow.

19. Feb 27, 2014 #19 of 113
    JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I wonder how she knows Colton, she's from San Jose and he's from Alabama.

20. Feb 27, 2014 #20 of 113
    tivoboyjr

tivoboyjr Unregistered User

Apr 28, 2003
    I should add a +1 to this. I hated RI and am so tired of returning players, especially the ones who come back multiple times. I'm glad they took a break from that.

By the way, if you don't know anything about Cliff Robinson, the guy was an incredible basketball player. Some of the former pro athletes who go on Survivor weren't anything special when they played, but he was. Seems like Cliff and Woo are going to be like the Skipper and Gilligan.