Survivor - 9/21/2011 - "He Has Demons"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by laria, Sep 21, 2011.

1. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I dislike Russell's nephew way more than I ever disliked Russell.

He is not very "Christian", despite how he tries to portray himself. Where does he get off judging Mikayla and basically calling her a whore all the time behind her back? What is all this nonsense about having to vote her off because he has a wife and kids and how he doesn't like to be around her but every time the camera is on him he's staring at her?

We haven't seen her flirting with any of the guys, cuddling up to them at night, etc. I'm sure if she was acting like Parvati, the cameramen would be all over that. From what I can tell, he has made no effort to get to know her at all, and he thinks she's a whore because she has a nice body and has no other choice but to parade around in her underwear and bra because she doesn't have a bathing suit.

2. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Yeah he's a real tool. Otherwise I found tonights episode uninteresting.

3. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Brandon may be a Hantz, but he ain't no Russel!

4. latrobe7

latrobe7 What, me worry?

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    That guy is a total fraud. His rationale for hating Mikayla is basically that she turns him on and he can't keep it in his pants. It reminds me of blaming a rape victim because she was wearing a short skirt.

5. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    They actually haven't shown him staring at her, they've edited it that way but there have been no angles that actually show him staring at her.

6. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I can't stand Brandon. I want him gone. Mikayla seems like a down-to-earth individual, and as Coach said, she's easily the strongest woman on their team. Heck, probably one of the strongest people, period. Lil' Hantz needs to get over himself.

I'm glad the red team managed to come back and win immunity/reward. I want Cochrane to stick around a while, and was afraid he was going to get the boot if they went to tribal council.

I dislike the combined reward/immunity challenges and much prefer two challenges per episode.

Ozzie finding the idol. Golden. I loved how he placed it so far up a tree there's no chance anybody else will find it.

7. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    Little Russell is pretty pathetic. He "doesn't like" and "doesn't trust" Mikayla because she makes him feel all tingly in his special place.

8. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Of course you're referring to his L'il Hantz in his pantz.
    :cool: The rotten apple doesn't fall far from the family tree.

9. Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
    This is it exactly!! Creepy if you ask me!

10. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    For all his "Christian morals", he is already judging Mikayla (because of HIS shortcomings) and lying to his tribe.

Hypocrite!

11. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I think Coach will keep L'il Hantz's secret, but may well work to get him voted out.

12. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    For last night's episode, I agree. When they showed him leering at something off camera, it could have been anything.

But last week a cameraman caught him underneath a fallen tree, in the shadows, leering right at her. There was no mistake what he was staring at. It was creepy as heck.

13. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I can see Coach keeping the secret since he does seem to be honorable. He should work to get him out, because Hantz's agenda is going to mess up Coach's game.

This is not the time to start targeting the biggest threats. You want to make sure you keep beating the other tribe. You don't need to vote out the threats until after the merge, unless you are afraid of them turning on you after the merge. Then get rid of them before. But this was their first eviction. Get rid of the weaker or non-strategic players at this point.

14. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    I agree. And it makes it worse that he can't admit that he's the one with the problem. He keeps trying to paint it as if she's doing something wrong. Like she's the liability. His reality distortion field is very strong.

tk

15. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    +1 :up:

16. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Hey Coach....never tie up your shirt like a prison "prag" (spelling)!

He looked like a character out of OZ!

17. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
  18. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I miss Jeff's ol' blogs on EW. For that matter, I'd even wish to get the vlogs back. This Tout stuff is useless in my book.

Come on @jeffprobst.....you can do better....EW be damned

19. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Me too. I guess we will get two from now on as there will be one each week on RI. But I prefer two team challenges.