Survivor - 5/11/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, May 11, 2011.

1. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Hmmmm, I think maybe Rob screwed up for the first time. I do see the wisdom of sending Grant to RI. He's good at challenges, as is Mike and Matt. Only one of them can return. But Rob also made a good point that breaking up Natalie and Ashley could be the smart thing to do because they are tight and they could possibly flip with whoever returns from RI. I guess he feels that Natalie won't get any votes and Grant would. He's figuring a Philip, Natalie and himself final 3 means he wins. Maybe. But you have to get that far first.

2. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    If the jury proves to be bitter like past Survivor juries then Grant would beat Rob so it is good to dump him now.

BUT bringing Phillip and Natalie he still runs the risk of having what happened to Russell in his first season happen to him (wasn't that girl named Natalie too?).

3. dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    I would love to see Rob get the next blindside, but the ometepe cult is too devoted... Grant & Andrea may be mad enough to vote with the Zaps for any of the above except Rob...

4. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I think it should have been Natalie. I don't get why suddenly Rob sides with Ashley's plan. Seemed just not good. It surprised me.

It's too bad Rob didn't give Grant the immunity idol, told him that he would be voted for and to play it and then that would be how they could have gotten Ashley out.

Rob did say a few lines in his monologues that made me laugh out loud.

5. Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    I'm not sure I see how this would have gotten Ashley out -- she still would have had the regular immunity idol, no?

6. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Correct. No scheming could send Ashley to RI this week.

I see Rob's point but it's a tough call to be sure. I think Grant was way more loyal to Rob than Natalie--although Natalie is pretty loyal too. Either way, it was about the single worst thing that could happen to Rob's chances to win it all (Ashley winning immunity). I'll bet he was pissed.

He's still far and away the frontrunner, though, especially with the HII.

If it weren't for RI he is a lock for final 3, and I'd say a lock to win, except that the jury can be very fickle. With RI... not so sure. He can't be happy with the makeup of the RI team now. I know he wanted Matt and Andrea to be gone. He'd be much better off with a Zap coming back than either of those two, or Grant. But only one Zap left on RI... odds aren't looking so good for that. If Matt comes back you HAVE to vote him out; a jury of Zaps would give Matt the money, IMO, in a heartbeat. But how cruel is that?

7. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Unfortunately Rob will have to stab people in the back (and has) just as Russell did when he made it to the end. Sure Rob has been nicer doing it, but the result is the same. It's virtually impossible to not stab people in the back. It's up to those people to not take it personally that they were outplayed.

I will cringe if Natalie wins it because she really hasn't made any sort of decision yet and I can't remember any challenge in which she excelled.

The crazy appears to be wearing off of Phillip. His communication was poor but his message was correct when arguing with the girls.

Rob could have saved his own butt I think. Did Grant know he had the HII? If not, he could have given it to Natalie, voted for her (and told her the HII was just to keep her safe "just in case", thus keeping his promise with Grant), and then had Natalie and Phillip vote Grant out assuming Ashley would also vote out Grant. Natalie appears not bright enough to figure out that he was saving his butt.

8. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    I think Rob should have given the HII to Grant, tell him he just found it and give it to Grant. Don't tell ANYONE and let the vote unfold. Natalie goes home, but it looks like just bad luck that Grant 'found' it and Rob has his team.

Maybe let Grant 'find' it. That would have been a cool play in my eyes.

9. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    My bad. I meant Natalie. I was thinking it would split the two girls up.

10. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Rob should be well aware of this since it already happen to him before Russell. His now-wife Amber beat him in Survivor All-Stars when Rob clearly deserved it.

Note to Jeff and Mark - You have given him enough chances. Win or lose please make this the last we see of Rob on Survivor.

11. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I thought Amber beat him because he didn't care if he got first or second place. I mean, I am sure he wanted to win....but he was fine with her winning. I don't think he will be so fine if Natalie wins.

He will still make a chunk of money for being second or third place.

12. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    I agree. I'm really enjoying Rob this season. But it's gotten to the point where it's a professional player against amateurs.

13. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    It was absolutely the right move. Rob has to sit with Natalie and Phil at the end. Grant is going to get votes. Ashley has a chance to get some votes.

Natalie and Phil have zero chance (Phil's prepared statement notwithstanding). RI is the monkey wrench and why Rob keeps complaining about it :)

Poor Ralph. As soon as I saw that the challenge required spelling, I knew he was a goner. He had no chance.

14. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    oh, and as far as I'm concerned, Zapatera (with Ralph maybe as the exception) will all vote for Rob in the end. They have viewed him as the only one playing and worthy of winning from start to end. Those guys are all nice, honest, people and will not vote out of spite.

15. goMO

goMO Member

Dec 28, 2004
    I know I'll sound like a dirty old man, but Natalie sure looked good after she ate and was stuffed and had to get on all fours to feel better. I think my eyes popped out of my head!!

16. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The other thing with keeping Grant around. He would have a better chance of winning the final immunity and picking who he wants to go to the final three with. And it might finally dawn on him that taking Rob means he loses, so he takes Philip and one of the girls. Rob would have to feel he has a better chance against Nat and Philip in the final immunity.

The interesting thing on RI now is that two of the three left were originally on Rob's tribe. Which would mean that the majority of the jury would not have any allegiance to either of them if they made it to the final three. Still, you have to wonder if the jury would give the million to someone already voted out of the game. To me, that just seems wrong! I'm also hating that the RI person gets back in the game so late that there's a legit chance they make it to the finals.

And...to add...I still like final 2 over final 3.

17. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Ok, you are right, now I see that Grant did have to go.

Anyone know anything about the last time that HII can be played... I 'think' that last night might have been it. If not, then Rob can generate some fun by creating some drama. If Natalie can let him know if others plan to blind side him, he can use it and push the RI person out.

This will be a fun Sunday. This has been my favorite season in a while, even better then the first Russell season.

18. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I think it can be used at the final 4. So one more TC? That's my guess.

19. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    IF Matts gets back in and wins Survivor then they (the producers) have really FUBAR'd the game. It would mean that a person who was voted out TWICE came back and won. How does OUTWIT, OUTLAST, OUTPLAY apply to Matt if he won? Especially now that with all these ppl on RI he doesn't even have to come in first in those challenges.

I would LOVE to see how Probst will spin that if Matt won. It would be a disgrace in my book if it happened.

BTW wassup with all the "shoulda gave the HII to Grant" posts? Um... why?

20. Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    Richardson,...
    The next TC could have 5 people in it.