Survivor 4/27/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Apr 27, 2011.

1. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Well now it gets interesting. And Grant gets more interview time than all other episodes combined. It's time to get rid of RI, we now have 6 in the game and 4 in limbo.

2. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Another boring episode for the most part. At least they had the common sense to have two votes. Might as well get it over with and now we can get down to the nitty gritty.

3. dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    The only thing boring was Robs cult unwavering in their stupidity imho...

4. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Rob definitely hates when his name is brought up at TC :)

5. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I loved Phillip searching for and finding his pants. I have a slight suspension that maybe production may have helped him a bit.

6. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I was waiting for him to stand up at RI and say something instead of just pointing.

7. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    This is almost like watching an NBA player compete against high schoolers who have decided to watch instead of actually play. Rob has zero competition. It's pretty easy to outplay, outwit and outlast if you're the only one playing the game.

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm loving watching Rob this season. He's been masterful. It will be interesting to see how he plays it down he stretch, now that they all know someone is getting blindsided.

Getting so sick of Matt. It wasn't God that put you on RI. It was your own stupidity.

9. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Well, sticking with Rob got them this far, without much effort on their part. Now we have to see whether they have the guts to make a move, or whether Rob really does have them all hypnotized. Once they start having to vote out their own, that's when you'll see the crazy.

Rob is so smart though: he seems to have already gotten everyone to agree on the next person out (Andrea). That leaves 5 and that's when time gets short and things get hairy, with only two left to vote out (if they go to a final three). He has a HII and he's great at many types of challenges so if he can win a critical immunity here or there he'll be sitting pretty. Of course, the whole RI comeback thing is a huge unknown.

I have to say I would be very disappointed if one of the Zapatera people gets back in and makes it to the finals and all the voted-out Zaps vote for that person out of tribal loyalty. That would truly be unfair, in my opinion.

10. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Is this your first season? It is all about alliances in Survivor. Except for those that REALLY screwed over someone, your friends will vote for you.

11. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    +1 This has to be the dumbest bunch of Survivors since...well, Survivor All-Stars when the "all-stars" blindly stood around and did nothing while Ramber went to the final two.

If Rob makes it to the final 3 (since there are 2 jury members, 4 on RI, and 6 left in the game I assume it will be 9 jury and 3 finalists) I wonder if he will win. Will the Zapatera people reward him for being the only one on his tribe playing the game or be bitter? And what about the people from his own tribe he now has to stab in the back? Should be interesting.

12. SurvivorFan

SurvivorFan & TiVo Loyalist

Mar 9, 2011
    is it...
    This has been a fascinating season of Survivor and not boring at all for me. If anyone ever writes a Survivor textbook, this will be Chapter 1.

13. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    If Rob doesn't win immunity next week and they still don't try to vote him out, then I'll call them stupid. Of course if he gets a whiff that's happening he still has the HII to counteract it.

14. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    I think he will start working on hurt feelings next week. He needs to make it clear that people have to start getting voted out. He doesn't have to worry about Philip. Heck, he can get rid of Grant by saying he would have won against Rob if it went to the finals. So he just has to figure which girl to keep. I think he can tell the girl that has hurt feelings over Matt (I forget her name) that he had to drop her because she was sympathic to him. So he has to pick one of the other two girls to keep. They are about even in my eyes.

15. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I am wondering this, but he must be thinking about it also.

That impressed me - that he got them going for a vote for Andrea. I am betting he is going to try hard to keep Phillip and one of the chicks around. He could beat them at challenges and at TC.

edit - I was typing that out as Magister posted.

16. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    I think RI could really screw things up this season if the winner of RI comes back into the final three. David and Julie are on the Jury now. If Matt, Ralph, Steve, or Mike can hang on at RI and make it to the final three, then there will be 5 votes for that person. On the other side, you have Rob and whoever he decides to take to the finals (Phillip?), and they would get the vote of Grant, Andrea, Ashley, and Natalie. That's five to four. If Rob was smart (and he is), he should send Grant to RI. He has the best chance of beating the guys left there. Unless its a puzzle.

There's a real good chance a Zapatera member wins the whole thing.

17. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I thought when Grant/Rob/Andrea got the cake/milk reward that Phillip/Natalie/Ashley would at least have a chance to talk strategy, but then they just gave them the 2 minutes to eat/drink.

Initially I hated the whole RI idea. By the time it got to the point where Matt was brought back I thought it was somewhat interesting. But then they started it up again and I hate it. Four people are now on RI? Come on. Giving someone a second shot early in the game is one thing but to do it so late in the game I don't like at all. I'm hoping (I never watch previews) that next week 3 of the 4 are cut loose, the remaining person is brought back and that's the end of RI.

18. SurvivorFan

SurvivorFan & TiVo Loyalist

Mar 9, 2011
    is it...
    I'm afraid you're right. IMO that would unseat Vecepia as the "Most Least Deserving Winner" if it happens.

19. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I don't think the producers are dumb enough to fast track the person from RI straight to the finals. They let an eliminated player back into the game several years ago and took a bunch of flack for that.

I'm guessing the player from RI comes back when it creates the biggest strategic issue - like next week. That will make the returning player a potential swing vote. Or he could come back when there are four Omatepe left after they've already had to start turning on their own. That has the most potential for drama, so that's my bet for what happens.

20. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    We should have had a thread this season for all of the words Philip mispronounced. I only watched the first 20 minutes or so but already heard him say genuous (disingenuous, genuine) and fruitile (futile) regarding Steve's apology and efforts to hide his shorts respectively.