Survivor - 4/20/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Apr 20, 2011.

1. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Well that was interesting. I wonder why Julie was voted out instead of Steve? I guess Rob wants to keep the tension going and the spotlight off of himself. "Phile" certainly is entertaining.

2. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I was really hoping Phil's time was up. I'm so tired of him and his rambling. How he could convince himself tonight that Steve was really calling him the n word was truly bizarre.

Good thing his super duper former Federal Agent skills of reading people held up tonight. ;)

:D

deb

3. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I'm becoming convinced that crazy Phillip is pretty much an act to stir the pot, and to convince whoever is left at the end to take him to final tribal.

4. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    For what purpose? I don't think he could garner even one vote if every player from the season were to be on the panel of judges.

5. stalemate

stalemate McGruber

Aug 21, 2005
    Little Rock, AR
    I've had the same thought. Maybe not the whole crazy is an act but a significant portion of it. There are moments in the solo interviews where you can kind of see the real Phillip.

6. stalemate

stalemate McGruber

Aug 21, 2005
    Little Rock, AR
    I think some of the crazy is an act but I am not saying I think it is a good idea to act crazy. :p

7. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    He would have to have one heck of a speech at the end. "It was all an act to get Rob to bring me along".

8. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I'm really tired of the The Phillip Show. Had to FF through at least half of the show. I don't care if it's an act or not, it's annoying not entertaining.

I'm really glad that the Zap's didn't let Om's share their rice tin. The Om's weren't willing to share their tarp. It's not til the Om's need something that they are 'one tribe'. Yeah, screw that.

Now that Dave is the first member of the jury, wonder when the Ponderosa vids will show up? Just looked and nothing yet.

9. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Actually that wouldn't have been a bad strategy. Offer the use of their tin in exchange for the tarp.

10. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    She took the shorts to rile up Phillip in the hope they'd tire of him and vote him out. Instead, maybe they decided to vote her out for doing that.

11. Gene S

Gene S Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Belleville, IL
    And I'm becoming convinced this cycle is rigged in favor of Rob.

There have been a lot of puzzle challenges this season. Seems like more this go around, than previous ones.

This latest IC was a 2-parter, both involving puzzles! Really?!? Usually these multi-part challenges involve some other kind of skill set. Even if it is just plain luck. (Yes, I know it was actually a 3-part, the "dizzy bat" was irrelevant.)

12. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Phillip didn't bother me nearly as much as the resulting "political correctness dance" which ensued at TC. :rolleyes:

13. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah. Sounds like the "uppity" thread in HH. I still like the show, but it's quite predictable with Rob's stranglehold on his tribe. Why would he ever get rid of Phillip? Everyone on both sides hates the guy. As Rob said, he needs to figure out who the 2nd most hated person is.

14. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    I was telling my wife, the more other people *****, the more that Rob will want to keep Phillip. Still a good season. Who would beat Rob in the final Tribal?

Any of the girls? Nope
    Philip? Nope
    Grant? If he is in the finals, I really think he would have a strong chance.
    Matt? Sympathy vote could get it for him.
    Anyone else? Nope...

Per editing - Right after STEALING the rice from Zap, you wonder why they don't want to share? Stealing is a dirtbag move, even if ok, but when the other side does someone you would probably do then you whip out the race card?

15. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Forgot to mention that Matt annoys me more than Phillip. Phillip is OK (crazy) TV. Matt is a sermon I could find on Sunday morning.

16. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    How he could misinterpret is very easy to understand to a person of color. That is if it wasn't an act which I don't think it was.

I thought Jeff did a masterful job getting to the root of the issue in a straightforward way.

Philip is a trip no matter how you spin it :)

17. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    +1 I was very impressed.

18. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    And to a person of "no color", we many times say EXACTLY what we mean. It's very easy to understand that Steve called Phillip crazy because the guy wears a feather on the front of his head and keeps referencing being special agent when it has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

19. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    I think that is the producers pandering to a segment of the audience. I can imagine that he believes that his god has a very specific Survivor Game Plan for him. I don't think he realizes it may be based on god's sense of humor.

20. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    great, if you were on the show then there would have been no sparks flying :up: