Survivor - 4/1/20

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Hcour, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Apr 2, 2020 #1 of 17
    Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Kind of a "meh" episode. I wish the islands were reversed, with all the old-schoolers still in the main game and the newer players on EoE.

Glad Tyson made it back in, that was a good challenge.

Still rooting for Sarah.

realityboy and Family like this.
  2. Apr 2, 2020 #2 of 17
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    So, the EoE folks had to decide to spend their tokens on a HII on the chance that they would win the challenge and have the HII when they got back in the game. Ouch. Hurts for those who were not Tyson. Did Tyson buy a HII? Want to say no, only an advantage in the challenge.

3. Apr 2, 2020 #3 of 17
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
  4. Apr 2, 2020 #4 of 17
    laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I missed that people could buy up to 3 advantages... Rob and Natalie should have bought all 3. I'm with Dalton.

5. Apr 2, 2020 #5 of 17
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    So, they start the episode with the challenge to bring back the one player from EoE. I'm thinking perfect, they are doing this the right way, bringing back the player at the merge and before the jury. And that went great (BTW, this was a challenge that I thought Sandra might have had a shot at). Then, rather than tell them their journey was over, they sent them back to EoE and apparently there's going to be ANOTHER coming back, and I'll bet, like last time this will happen toward the end again, with this player getting the unfair advantage of being able to schmooze the jury members. I don't like this at all. Also, is the jury going to be EVERYONE sent to EoE?

LlamaLarry likes this.
  6. Apr 2, 2020 #6 of 17
    gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    It seems like they are essentially doing EoE the same way as before where one player comes back at the merge (it was Rick Devens in season 38), and another person will come back when there are only five players left ala Chris Underwood. Every other player voted out that doesn't raise the flag will be part of the jury.

7. Apr 2, 2020 #7 of 17
    gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm glad it was Tyson that won his way back in the game and not Rob. I think Tyson will have a better chance of sticking around for a while. It's kind of amazing to me that neither Kim nor Tony appear to be targets at this point. I didn't think Tony had a prayer of making the merge.

8. Apr 2, 2020 #8 of 17
    Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    They'll keep allowing a player back in, until Rob wins a challenge :)

brianric likes this.
  9. Apr 2, 2020 #9 of 17
    gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    So who exactly was left out of the vote? Was it just Michelle and Nick that voted for Adam? If so, those guys really screwed up by voting out Yul.

10. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Rob is my favorite player of all time, so I was hoping he was going to win. But I do like Tyson a lot, too, because he's funny and snarky. :) I really thought maybe Rob was going to pull it out when they started playing that "you better be ready..." song.

lynncosbm likes this.
  11. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I was also a bit surprised that Rob and Natalie took the idol instead of 3 advantages. But, I gotta figure they know what they're doing given the caliber of players they are. One of the advantages of buying the idol is that nobody at the merge knows you have it. Have 3 advantages play out in front of all the contestants might put such a big target on your back that you get voted out right away.

What a close finish! That makes 2 this season. Tyson's yell after winning, straight from the gut, showed just how high the stakes were. Great tv moment.

Another great tv moment was the montage of interrupting Adam. I actually laughed out loud.:D The whole rivalry thing with him and Ben is much needed comic relief.

Finally, Sophie seems to be getting a huge winner's edit. Super smart, fighting through bone chilling cold, driving the vote in a way that Jeremy tried to do but couldn't. Oh, and don't forget Gangster Denise, brushing Adam's alliance off her shoulder.

12. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    What does everyone think of the music addition this season? I like it, and feel like it helps underscore the drama. However, not sure if it's just because they level of competition is so high. It might feel forced if they continue it with lesser competitive moments in a non-winners season.

13. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Bingo.

14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Agreed. That was hilarious that they had so many shots of groups of people talking and then Nick just slowly sliding in from the side of the frame. Excellent editing!

15. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    It must have been the jar of peanut butter that gave him the edge! Genius move Tyson! ;)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    kettledrum likes this.
  16. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I love love love Boston Rob and would have been very happy if he had won, however, that being said, I am glad it was Tyson and none of the others. I think he has the best chance of sticking around even as an old school player. He did a good job of just talking to people enough without putting a target on his back.

17. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I don't want any player voted off the island by his or her peers to "stick around". If I was on Survivor, as soon as they got voted back in, I'd try and get them out again.