Survivor - 3/11/20

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Hcour, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Tyson last week, Rob this week. They're starting to take out the big guys.

Gutsy of the gals not to play their idol or "steal-a-vote". Glad it worked out for them.

2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Rob was shocked! Loved it. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed Rob's manipulation and gameplay, it was a fantastic move for them. Now it guarantees that both Rob and Amber won't be in the finale.

Steveknj likes this.
  3. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Rob's style - basically bullying, dominating the others - just wasn't suited to such strong, savvy players. You could feel Adam and Ben's resentment and discomfort. Actually, he seemed a bit of a dinosaur. As if the style of play has moved on and he hasn't changed with the times. I think more subtle gameplay will win the day this season.

4. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Dalton's recap isn't posted yet. Wonder what's up with that? It's usually posted right after the show airs.

5. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I read it last night...let me see if I can find it.

Here it is:

'Survivor: Winners at War' recap: Battle of the exes

hummingbird_206 likes this.
  6. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
  7. WO312

WO312 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    Since both guys voted for Rob, I'm assuming that the girls said something like - we're both voting for Rob so if you want to join us feel free. Of course they wouldn't show us that.

8. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I don't think Boston Rob was totally surprised. He knew it was a different game then what he had been playing before. He said that. He also knew that he was stuck in a tribe with not just two outsiders but two tribe mates that were really gunning for him before.

9. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I can never find where it’s supposed to be so I always just google Survivor recap.

hummingbird_206 likes this.
  10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    The one thing they didn't show (in order to keep up the suspense) is what the four of them discussed when Rob got pulled away to do his confessional. I'm pretty sure that's when they all agreed they were voting Rob but that the guys would still play along with Rob at TC to make it seem like they were voting with him.

Frankly, I'm surprised it took until the 6th TC for the first of Rob, Sandra, Parvati, or Tony to get voted out. I thought they'd all be gone by now.

tivotvaddict likes this.
  11. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Not going to link them, but they're easy to find on youtube, Russel Hantz and Richard Hatch have both started youtube channels and are posting tons of stuff both regarding Survivor history and recaps of current episodes. I've found it to be a mix of interesting/dumb/boring/self serving/etc.

12. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I use Dalton Ross Survivor.

lalouque and realityboy like this.
  13. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
  14. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Yes, it had to have been discussed at length in order for Sarah and Sophie to have enough trust in the outcome to not play either the idol or the vote advantage. No way that neither of those two play those to stay safe if they weren't fairly certain, more so than a wink or a nod.

15. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Glad Rob is gone. If he's not going to change up his game with all winners around, he really didn't deserve to stay. I wonder if they talked ahead of time and agreed that if Rob wanted to play his strongarm tactic then they'd just go with it and vote him out since everybody knows how he played.

16. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Rob has been scrambling from the bottom for almost the whole season. It's amazing he made it as far as he did. I'm guessing Parvati won't be far behind. Her and Michelle had a really bad tribe swap. If they lose a challenge, Parvati is most likely toast.

17. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    I'm just not falling in love with this season for some reason. May pick up once all the many powers and idols start getting dragged into play, but right now there isn't anyone on EoE besides Rob that should really be there as they weren't actually a threat. Natalie? Amber? Danni? Ethan? Maybe Tyson and probably Rob, but I do agree that despite coaching last season he hasn't really seemed to gel into the "new school" method of play.

We even binged the first 4 episodes in a row and still didn' feel the pull to watch e05 until last night before bed.

18. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    Bummed Rob is already gone. The name players have a hard time. I don't like the tribe swap to 3 tribes.

19. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    This is where Russel had a huge advantage in HvV. Nobody had seen him play yet.