Survivor 12/17/09

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bryhamm, Dec 17, 2009.

1. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

Advertisements

I think that was the right move. Gotta keep Mick around to help try and beat Brett.

I thought that was kinda cocky for Russell to keep the necklace the way he did.

2. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Al I can say is...YIPPEEEEEE!!!

3. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    so, brett goes next week if he doesn't win immunity. so, who goes the following week? gotta believe that natalie and russell stick together, so it could be as simply as whomever they choose between jaison and mick ... pulling the other one in for the 3rd vote.

4. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    '86 Mullet > Prayer Warriors :)

I don't see the upside for Russell on ditching Shambo. Shambo and Nat with him no matter what. Now he has to hope Jaison doesn't get any ideas to ally with Mick. He should have just forced the Mick vote and played the idol.

5. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...

Advertisements

Shambo was never part of Russel's final 3. But if Brett keeps winning, he'll get a million dollars.

6. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    not at all...it was the last tribal where he can use it...everyone can safely assume that he would and therefore would not vote for him...so he was in zero danger...

Russell is one smart cookie...

7. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    I didn't think so at all, and I rolled my eyes at the jury rolling their eyes. He knew he wouldn't be voted out, the rest of the tribe knew they didn't vote him out, and the jury knew he wouldn't be voted out. Why should he pitch the necklace?

8. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    0% chance of being safe vs. some unknown chance that you could be voted out. Even at a small chance of .0001% it would be smart to play the necklace. Yes it was a cocky move to keep it as a "souvenir" but also at the same time it is Russell. I think he may be the best player of the game, even over other greats such as Hatch.

9. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I don't see why Nat should stick with Russell. Sure it is nice to stay true, but you gotta play to win and sitting next to Rusell you will not win. What needs to happen is Mick, Jaison and Nat need to form their 3 alliance and if Brett does win immunity again vote Russell otherwise vote Brett then hope to get rid of Russell. Russell just needs to hope 1 of his 4 will win immunity next round and then he needs to win the [assumed] final immunity to get into the final 3 and win the million.

10. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I'm convinced that if Russell doesn't win immunity from here on out, he's out. No question. If the other players don't take advantage of that they're just plain DUMB.

11. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I would say get Brett out first over Russell. I think either of those can beat the remaining players in the finals but the remaining players have better chance to win immunity over Russell vs. Brett.

12. tetspa

tetspa New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    It's all jury strategy now. If Brett makes it to (what I believe will be) the final 3, he is looking at a jury of 6 galu + 2 foa foa + shambo. The 6 galu will block vote and he wins. The remaining 4 foa foa all know this, so Brett will either "Immunity" himself to 1 mil or he is out at the first time he doesn't. It doesn't matter who is with him in the final 3, unless anybody cares who wins 2'nd place money.

So, let's assume (just so the discussion can be a bit interesting) that Brett is gone next show, leaving a jury of 7 galu + shambo vs. the 4 foa foa. At that point, if Russell is in the final 3 he wins...I can't see the galu people voting for a "shirt tail hanger-on" (which is what the other 3 are, Jaison's remarks not withstanding). So, the big question is will the other 3 foa foa realize this and vote Russell off at # 4 or "play with their heart" and keep him on.

I have said from early on that Russell will make the final 4, then get voted out, unless he wins Immunity.

THEREFORE, If Brett wins Immunity next week, Russell is voted out. If Brett doesn't win Immunity, he is gone. At that point, if Russell wins immunity he makes it to the final 3 and wins 1 million. If he doesn't, he goes home in 4'th place.

On a side note, it was interesting that Russell said that Shamo "will never write my name down, will never win any challange, and no jury member will vote for her". (Pretty much what I have been saying all along, making her the PERFECT person to be in the final round with). However, he still votes her off???

13. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I really liked Shambo's goodbye message. She was very level-headed and glad to make it as far as she did. She didn't seem pissed off or anything and felt like she understood why those 4 would stick together. :up:

14. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    He's worried that Brett will win immunity, so he is gambling that Mick has a better chance of winning immunity than Shambo so Mick can help take out Brett.

15. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I think Russell now realizes that it's going to be a final 3, not final 2...in that case, Shambo is of no use...

Shambo is perfect if it's final 2...

And I disagree that Russell will be voted out next...at this point, everyone will want him next to them since he would be hated by the jury for getting them out (he will play the "I played a great game" card...the others will play "I'm a nice person and Russell is evil" card)...any Foa Foa voted out at this point will hate Russell for it...

and don't forget the "Russell is rich" card...

16. Roadblock

Roadblock New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Jaison's 48 coconuts with 1 dropping at the end was hilarious. Shambo guessing Natalie's 58 exactly?? Wow.

17. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    "If anyone has the hidden immunity idol ... around their neck ... and wants to play it"

LOL

18. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Nothing better than a hot blonde in a string bikini talking about her love of God. :p

19. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I can think of one thing: out of her string bikini and screaming "oh God", if you know what I mean ;)

:D

20. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    If Russell makes it to the final, letting that slip might turn out to have been his biggest mistake.