1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor - 11/7/18

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Hcour, Nov 8, 2018 at 9:47 AM.

1. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Well, if this ep had been a movie it would have been pretty darn good up until the climax that didn't happen. Lots of twists and turns but the final twist should have been Angelina going home, which I thought was going to be the case when the Goliaths were whispering to each other at TC.

Regardless how it turned out this ep, Angelina was being way too much of a Ms. Bossy Pants for her own good, and that together with the disastrous TC, she now has a huge target on her back.

kettledrum and tivotvaddict like this.
  2. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I was a little surprised that it was completely unanimous, but I guess it makes sense... The six-pack alliance of 3 Davids and 3 Goliaths likely want to keep their team under the radar until it is appropriate to strike...

VegasVic likes this.
  3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I just think Elizabeth, who was a target the whole episode just dug her own grave by trying to stir up a hornet's nest. You could see, once she outed Angelina, there was a lot of whispering, realizing that she had to go. Get rid of the one sure fire person everyone hated and go from there. Good riddance. She was another in a long line of people who thought they knew how to play and making a big move at that time, was not smart. I guess she figured she might be going anyway, why not stir up trouble.

VegasVic likes this.
  4. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Yeah, that secret alliance is pretty intriguing, be interesting to see how it plays out.

kettledrum likes this.
  5. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I agree! It's genius... So many assume that their original group alliances won't have fractures and won't eventually break up...but these guys recognize that the game is deeper than that and have set up a good collection of people that can protect each other from the David and Goliath loyalists...

6. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I was happy to see Elizabeth go, I didn't like her but I was glad she probably took down Angelina too.

Here's Elizabeth's Ponderosa:

7. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Excellent editing going on by making us think there were other options. I really enjoyed seeing more discussion among the contestants regarding various targets and pros and cons of each.

Based on the editing I think we can narrow down potential winners to: Alison, Gabby, Christian, and maybe Nick or John.

Angelina's' instincts were spot on to get rid of Christian as the bigger threat. She's just so bad at the art of convincing people. You can't browbeat them into things, you have to be more subtle. Nothing good ever comes from getting a big group together and pushing your own agenda. Not here nor on Big Brother.

8. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Smart move to get rid of Elizabeth now. Keeps the Goliaths thinking they are in charge without realizing the hidden alliance. The hidden alliance can't expose themselves until there is 11 left and they have the majority. Now, they can push to get rid of Angelina next. The rest of the Goliaths should go for it because they would think they would still be up 6-5 after she goes.

VegasVic likes this.
  9. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Angelina got caught with her hand in the cookie jar, plain and simple. She had just specifically told her alliance that the best way to get rid of someone is by striking when they least suspect it. So then what does she do? She goes straight to Elizabeth and tells her that they're voting her out. Based on her own rationale, the only possible reason for doing this would be to curry favor with a jury member. This was a big mistake that will really hurt Angelina's game and possibly make her the next target.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  10. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Yeah, Angelina is very lucky that the Davids didn't have a HII. The Goliaths didn't have the numbers to split the votes, so the worst thing you could do is to tell the Davids who is going home.

11. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I think the main reason she did it was because she was pissed they changed their minds on her plan to vote out Christian.

kettledrum and lalouque like this.
  12. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
  13. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    So is it just me, or is anyone else starting to get the impression Angelina's goal was to be the mean ***** in charge, but a meaner, bitchier person beat her to the punch? She seems to really think she's in charge, to the point she threw a hissy fit that "her" tribe wasn't doing what she told them to do.

14. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    I don't think that was her goal at all. Might be how it played out, but I don't think it was her goal.

15. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    She's definitely playing hard... And people who put themselves out there and are obvious about playing hard typically go home early... That's why Jeremy is no longer with us...

IIRC, she attempted (and was successful?) at convincing her tribe to switch their votes...or am I somehow mis-remembering?

16. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    It's one of those phenomenons about Survivor that I don't always get. You have an original tribe, that you are with, what, maybe two weeks? (seems longer in our time), then you are in ANOTHER tribe for another week or so. So now you have relationships with a mix of the original tribe and another tribe. I'm sure you have original tribe members you didn't like and want gone along the way. So WHY do these people ALWAYS think that they can keep an alliance with their original tribe, even if they have numbers? It almost NEVER works out that way. Why is it that you have to be loyal to that original tribe?

17. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    The impression I got was that she wasn't all that successful. The team decided on Elizabeth, she decided on Christian, once Angelina was out of the way the rest of the team said "hey wait, why are we letting her make the call, didn't we decide on Elizabeth?", so they switched back. They even had a shot of Angelina saying "I hope we go with my plan...I mean our plan".

18. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Is it me or do you find Dalton's recap boring. I now go straight to Probst's Q&A.

dianebrat and hfcsyrup like this.
  19. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah...it's silly... I guess it is human nature to seek out a group of people as a form of protection (gang mentality), and the original grouping is that group of people that you start making promises and agreements with immediately (many of them empty promises)... And in real-life, most people are honorable people who take give their "word" seriously...so they try to keep their promises...

But that all gets thrown out the window when you don't have the numbers (aka the "protection"), or when someone simply gets on your nerves...

But every group, when they first form...they all make the promise of being "Goliath Strong!" or "David Strong!"... Until they aren't... ;)

20. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Some are, some aren't.

I did notice that the Q&A was very short this week.

VegasVic likes this.