Survivor 11/16/06 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by betts4, Nov 16, 2006.

1. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...

Advertisements

Wheeee!!!

Aitu really rocks!!! The episodes not over yet but I am so happy!! Those four are awesome. They may not win in the end...but they are doing great now. Both challenges were nice mixes of physical and mental so thats good too.

And I can't belive that after all the talk, the other tribe still lets Jonathon compete instead of Adam and such. He spoke right up in the immunity challenge.

Commercial over...we will see.

edit- Now that the episode is over and the bottle has been opened and Jenny was voted off - I must say I thought the bottle was a note saying "vote someone off" but that they would then send that person to the other tribe. A person just voted off from their tribe may be happier to be on the opposing team than the jury. But it was a good curve ball for sure.

2. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    That was a fun episode.

3. Clarkey

Clarkey We Get Signal

Dec 29, 2004
    Canada
    Not everyone may have noticed this, but they blurred out Jenny's "one finger salute" as she walked down the path upon getting voted out. LOL!

4. LordKronos

LordKronos Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2003
    Very good episode, and a nice twist. A few thoughts

Aitu is in good shape. They are only down by one. That leaves a pretty realistic chance for them to win another immunity to get a tie, or even swing 1 person from the other tribe for a 5-4 lead.

Raro talked about their 5 sticking together. They had the 2 mutineers. They had an opportunity to boot 2 members...both of the mutineers. Instead they booted 2 of their own team. That's not going to sit well with the jury should it be an Aitu vs. a Raro. Hopefully that's 2 votes....no, make that 3 votes(Brad)... for Yul. (of course, the person I pick NEVER makes it to the end, so I've jinxed him already)

Candice on exile island: "It hurts when you care so much about people and they just want to see you suffer"
    hahahahahahah....ROTFLMAO.... :D :D :D :) :) :) hahahahahahaa

When we found out the bottle would be opened AFTER the vote, I was sure it was going to say "the person voted out will not be on the jury". Especially when Jeff said "the 10 person voted out" but I didn't hear him say "and 2nd member of the Jury" (or did I just miss it?).

I wonder what the punishment would have been (if any) had they opened the bottle. Would there even be a punishment? If there were, I would have thought it would have been written on the note inside. After they read the note, I was expecting it to also say "if you opened the bottle before tribal council, you will vote out a third member, too". I'm wondering if this is one of those tests....if they had disobeyed Jeff's instructions, they would have been better off (they could prepare to vote out a second).

Finally..we didn't get to hear Rebecca's exiting thoughts (or did I miss that too?)

5. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...

Advertisements

I was in stitches over Candices lamenting on the exile island. I also noticed a change of raro to a more 'caucasian' team. On purpose?

And I am sorry I missed Jennys one finger salute. I was also bothered by the way no way said good bye to Rebecca...or did I miss that? And no, we didn't see her thoughts at the end.

6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I've always thought it would be cool if they could make the Tribal Council people vote without having a chance to consult.

They found a way!

7. Martha

Martha Member

Oct 6, 2002
    South Carolina
    LOL - I told my husband I would have broke that bottle immediately - what are they going to do? (I should mention I love Calvin and Hobbes. Ha)

Thought this was an excellent episode, however, in my opinion, at this point, no reward is complete unless it includes a shower. They seem to be conspicuously absent this time around.

8. bro1ncos

bro1ncos New Member

Aug 2, 2004
    I liked the twist and that they had to vote without consulting each other.

I know if I were on the Raro tribe, after getting the bottle, and thought there was any chance I was going home (Jonathan) then I would be saying something like "I wonder if the top 2 vote getters tonight go home." Even if you didn't know you should be planting that seed of doubt.

With the way the vote went, 4-2 against Jenny, then they may have discussed this possibility it just wasn't shown.

9. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I did not see the finger solute, interesting and nice to know that happened.

I did see indications that they had talked about future voting plans and I can only guess they went on what they already had spoken about.

I felt no pity for Candice while she whined on Exile Island.

I also did not hear that the two voted out tonight where on the jury.... I asked my husband about it, but he said he heard it, but I don't remember hearing that.

Very nice episode, like it lots!!

10. LordKronos

Dec 28, 2003
    I don't think they discussed the double vote out. What they did discuss was that after Rebecca was gone, that Jenny would be gunning to get rid of Candice, and Adam wouldn't be up for that, so that she'd probably be going next. I suspect that idea got passed around.

What's interesting is that, even though their plan was to vote her out next time, whenever there is a plan of "after this person, we'll vote out that person next", it almost never turns out that way when next time comes around. So although one might say the 2nd vote did nothing but speed up the process, I say it's reasonable that it may have changed what would have happened.

I was really hoping to see a fragmented vote. But it wasn't at all. In fact, the only dissenting vote (other than Becky's) was from Nate. Interesting that the 4 whites voted together. I wonder if Nate sees any writing on the wall there. If they do merge, he may be smart to think of joining up with the other team.

11. LordKronos

Dec 28, 2003
    I just rewatched tribal, and Jeff DID call them the 2nd and 3rd members of the Jury.

12. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    Oh good, I didn't pay close enough attention to that and had already deleted the episode, thanks for the info LordKronos!

13. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    It seemed very evident tonight. To not get rid of jonathon....after they all talk about it. If Nathan was smart, he would try really hard to join up/bond with them when it comes down to it.

I was glad that the fearsome foursome had fun at the party for them. Didn't look anyone got too crazy and they all look refreshed.

14. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I just can't get over how the dynamics of the game would have changed had Aitu lost the immunity challenge: They'd be down to only two members!

15. Joeg180

Joeg180 Burning Daylight

Jun 1, 2003
    Niskayuna
    What was up with the Yul sandwich, then he dives to the ground and covers up?

Nate needs to watch his back, he didn't do so hot in the challenge.

16. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I don't know that Nate did badly in the challenge, it's just the Ozzy is a fish and very fast in the water.

17. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Very good episode! :up:

It would have been even better if TV Guide hadn't ruined the surprise by saying it was a double-elimination tonight. :thumbsdown:

18. Bill Reeves

Bill Reeves Lurker

Jul 17, 2002
    San Carlos, CA
    I thought it was funny how Yul got to be sandwiched by two heavy island ladies, while Ozzy got to dance with two young hotties.

19. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Boo hoo, no one likes me, boo hoo :D :D

20. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Who needs a TV Guide?