Survivor 10/4/17 - I'm A Wild Banshee

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Oct 5, 2017 #1 of 42
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
  2. Oct 5, 2017 #2 of 42
    DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Agreed. They continued to play up last week's idol that wasn't used, the possibility of using it as a fake idol, and the possible connection between the person who gave it across tribes so I'm hoping that will eventually pay dividends.

Also a guy I don't like found an idol after being too daft to figure out the clue and had to get help. At least someone else knows about it so could potentially cause some drama down the road here as well.

I was beginning to like Simone because she was different and actually seemed pretty smart to the cameras. They didn't get rid of her because of that, but they may have lucked out because she could potentially have done some damage later.

3. Oct 5, 2017 #3 of 42
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Last night's episode was the perfect example of how boring Survivor can be. They completely telegraphed the whole episode in about the first 5-10 minutes, making the rest of the episode predictable. We knew that her tribe was going to lose because they put too much emphasis on her. We also guessed that the whole "red headed kid" was annoying thing was a red herring (sorry I'm still learning names). I think that they need to figure out a way not to telegraph the eventual outcome.

VegasVic likes this.
  4. Oct 5, 2017 #4 of 42
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Too bad the kid who figured out the clue didn't just scratch his head and say "I don't know either" and search on his own later instead of leading Tony Joe to it.

5. Oct 5, 2017 #5 of 42
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX

Advertisements

Speaking of Joe...PULL UP YOUR PANTS!

6. Oct 5, 2017 #6 of 42
    Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Best quote of the night, from Simone: "I know people think this is Paradise, but it's tough out here. It's hot all the time. And there's no air-conditioning."

EDIT: Oh, hell, just noticed the headline of the Dalton recap. Oh well, great minds and all that...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  7. Oct 5, 2017 #7 of 42
    MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Crissy sure has turned her game around... Great example that contestants need to figure out how to last "one more" week, and their whole situation can change...

8. Oct 5, 2017 #8 of 42
    MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I also liked when she said during tribal council that she was not done and to "send her back to the bugs"... She was socially awkward, which was part of her downfall... I liked her, and wished she had a little more runway to play with...

KyleLC likes this.
  9. Oct 5, 2017 #9 of 42
    latrobe7

latrobe7 Fine for real TCF Club

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    Yes! Immediately carve off the clue and keep it with you until you find the idol; or if really confident destroy immediately. Make a big show of looking for it with him, then share his frustration. Say "Mike probably found it already.". Go dig up on your own later.

10. Wilhite

Wilhite ...no stinkin' title

Oct 26, 2003
    I don't understand people who don't do this - or those who admit that they have some type of advantage. There wasn't any reason for the bellhop guy to tell the surfer dude that he had anything in the last episode. Hardly anyone on Survivor can keep a secret for any length of time.

11. latrobe7

latrobe7 Fine for real TCF Club

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    In this case I think it's "youthful enthusiasm" vs. "old-age and treachery". :)

Cole seems like a nice young guy (kind of a himbo maybe) who likes to think the best of people. He was excited to have helped someone and and gained their trust. I'm old enough to be his dad, and a bit more cynical...

12. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Alliances form quickly on day 1 (even if they don't last) and the bellhop guy is a bit awkward so I think he felt sharing info about the advantage was a good way to have someone on his side. For now it appears to have worked. Things change quickly in this game.

13. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I usually agree about keeping secrets to yourself, but the bellhop guy's advantage was different. It was only good for the first TC, so no one could hold the knowledge over his head after that. In the meantime, he seemed to use the chance to get closer to one of his own quite well. It seemed reasonable for him to share that secret.

lalouque likes this.
  14. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah... He was able to build trust, but not have the ongoing power, which would make him a dangerous target... It seemed like a good move...

15. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    This group is pretty boring so far. Could use a few all stars to spice things up.

16. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I might be smeeking here, as I haven't finished reading this thread, but on a technicality, it's "one more week" to us, but just three days for them. ;)

17. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah... I guess to be more accurate, it is really about surviving one more tribal council... One more vote... Regardless of duration between votes... That can change the course of your game...

18. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    Ha, I was thinking the same thing.

19. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Bite your tongue!! (I'm not a fan of mixing AS with Newbies in these games). It's early, two weeks in, things usually spice up when they merge/shuffle tribes.

20. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Totally agree. Cole just seemed a bit too eager and probably blurted out that it was the well before he had a chance to think about the strategy. I'll bet he was kicking himself later when he realized that he could have played dumb and then found the idol for himself.
    I still think this reflects the misleading editing the show gave us last week. I don't think Chrissie was ever in danger last week, and the fact that she now seems to be at the center of the power alliance on that tribe shows this.