1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor - 10/10/18

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Hcour, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Guffaw! We literally clapped when Jeremy got voted out. What a hypocritical jerk - "We shouldn't have inappropriate side-conversations. We're still a family!" Two minutes later, in a side-conversation - "Let's vote out the showmance." And he and Natalie, cripes. Two massive egomaniacs going at each other.

And, geez, they had two weepy interviews before the first commercial. They goodness for the ff button.

Was anybody watching NOT rooting for the Davids to win the challenge?

2. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I wish they could both have been voted out. It was clear Jeremy was getting the "player who pushes so hard they push themselves right out of the game" edit.

I was happy to see Davids in it at the puzzle. Christian seems to be a puzzle beast. And, his "SlamTown" bit was quite hilarious.

From the previews:
    Looks like a tribe shakeup. Interesting how they do it after 3 Tribals so there will definitely be an uneven number. I hope Christian and John are on the same tribe ... that will be good TV I expect

VegasVic likes this.
  3. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    gweempose likes this.
  4. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Thanks for the heads-up! I always read the Q&A, but like you, I try to avoid all spoilers. Jeff is usually very vague when Dalton asks him for a tease, so I wouldn't have been expecting it.

VegasVic likes this.
  5. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    How many times did they show Jeremy rolling his eyes at Tribal? LOL!!! That guy was clueless.

I initially wasn't a big fan of the wrestler guy, but he came off as much more likable in this episode. I have a sneaking suspicion he will go far in this game.

I hope Bi doesn't have to quit the game because of her knee.

DancnDude and VegasVic like this.
  6. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    For the spoiler-phobes (I am usually one as well but I don't care much about Survivor spoilers for some reason), note that (a) it's Dalton who spoils things in the Q&A with Probst by putting the spoiler in a question, and (b) the same spoiler appears in Dalton's recap so if you don't want to be spoiled don't read that either!!

7. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I was hoping Jeremy wouldn't get blindsided, but man was he tone deaf in this episode. Why did he think it was a good idea to call the tribe together and chastise them for having "side conversations"? Does he really expect that the entire tribe will remain around the fire the entire day, and if they decide to go elsewhere, they won't utter a word? Ridiculous. And of course he had no problem initiating his own "side conversations." He was just being paranoid when he saw others forming bonds that didn't include him. If he was that worried, why not walk up and worm your way into the conversation?

However, it was pretty stupid of Natalie to walk up and say she wanted to talk to those other players but not Jeremy and expect him to leave. And then to claim she's not going to talk about him when he calls her out on it? What a horrible liar.

I was glad to see the Davids win the challenge this week. I figured that was coming when they spent so much time before the challenge setting up how Gabby was on the outs. I don't blame Nick at all for throwing Gabby under the bus and stirring things up against her, but I was kind of surprised Christian went along with it. Is he thinking he'd rather maintain the alliance with Nick than the one with Gabby?

I don't think they would have given as much time to Bi's knee injury if it wasn't going to play a role down the road. I expect that to lead to her leaving sooner rather than later.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  8. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Sorry Natalie didn't go and I am hoping she doesn't stay just because everyone wants to vote others out first. Jeremy may have been annoying but at least he was good in a challenge. She is pretty useless all the way around.

9. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I am cheering for the David's to keep winning. The underdogs and all like that.

kettledrum likes this.
  10. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    I REALLY like Gabby, so I was pleased when they made it so obvious she was the pick to go. It's Survivor, if it is REALLY REALLY obvious someone's going tonight, they're the safest person on the island. Probst will go before they do. Maybe they should rethink overusing that edit. As for Christian's waffling...dude. Really? You pick a vampire lawyer over Gabby? You want to get stabbed in the back? Cause that's how you get stabbed in the back. Unless Nick has the fear of stakes thing, then maybe you're good.

As for Bi...she needs to settle down and realize how horrible she's been in challenges. Everyone hits bad luck, and I'll throw it right out there, she's in way better shape than I am, but for an "MMA fighter" to be so bad at the physical part of this game is just astounding. She's one more misstep away from being a goat.

kettledrum, VegasVic and LlamaLarry like this.
  11. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Jeremy did have the line of the episode when Natalie was getting on him for not leaving...he said something like "Obviously you've never watched Survivor if you think I'm leaving so you can talk to these people when your gonna talk about me!"

12. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I thought the line of the episode was when Natalie was voting him out and then ended with "but you have nice skin" :D

MauriAnne, gweempose and tivotvaddict like this.