Surround Sound on Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by speedcouch, Feb 4, 2019.

1. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina

Advertisements

Did anyone else notice all the sound coming out of the center channel only on the game? I don't know if this was coming from CBS or DirecTV. I checked that my home theater receiver was set for Dolby Surround and it was, so this was very disappointing.

2. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Littleton,...
    I had no issues watching on Comcast/TiVo Bolt VOX with a Bose 700 Soundbar and surround speakers. Wonder if it was a DirecTV or local channel issue?

3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'm in DirecTV and I didn't notice that. CBS FWIW tends to make less use of surround than other networks (i.e. I rarely notice much separation), but, I'm pretty sure I noticed sound from all speakers. Maybe it's a local issue?

4. jasrub

jasrub Member

May 9, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I watched it on an HD antenna and I noticed anytime they went to something that wasn't the game (National Anthem, Halftime, etc) the sound was really 'off'. Volume was MUCH lower and then when it went back to the game, the volume returned to normal.

5. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

When I saw this thread title, I was thinking that everyone experienced what I did with the surround sound.

I pull the broadcast OTA through my outdoor television antenna, and I am watching on my TiVo Roamio OTA hooked up to a Dolby Digital receiver...

During the broadcast I noticed a lot of random crackling and static noise on my rear channels... It was very odd...