Surface 1/9

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by newsposter, Jan 10, 2006.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA

Advertisements

Well he finally showed interest in the girl. Good boy. Very electrifying experience. Maybe she's a nice girl after all, installing the web cam and all. I think revealing that the dinos are man made this early in the show was a bit premature. I thought it would be a good cliffhangar, either series or season finale. But I guess they want to explore that history. 2500 people making one beast as a war machine...sorta interesting. yet I was hoping aliens.

sigh

2. stark

stark Member

Dec 31, 2003
    Eden...
    Bio-engineering is the current boogie monster. Just like radioactivity was in the 1950's.

3. chavez

chavez New Member

Nov 18, 2004
    so when is the next ep.?

4. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Somebody must have watched the movie "Day of the Dolphin" and thought, "Heck, WE can do better than THAT!".

I was disappointed in this turn of the plot. I guess I was hoping more for a "aliens from outerspace taking up residence in the ocean" sort of story than just some SD-6 experiment gone awry. So I'm glad they did this 'reveal' last night as I'd have been disappointed if it was the final answer to everything. (The fact that they revealed it this early gives me hope that there's more to it than that.)

And it's about time Miles paid attention to the cute girl. Him ignoring her was becoming the most far fetched plot element of the whole series. :)

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

I don't think he was ignoring her. He was afraid of her.

(As a former teenaged geek I find that entirely plausible!)

6. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    He was also afraid that he might injure her, or even worse, with his new-found electrical powers.

Martha Plimpton as a mad scientist -- heh! I liked that.

7. Jeeters

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Last night he was afraid of her. Last week he seemed oblivious of her.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I got the impression he was afraid last week, too. This week, he was downright terrified (not just of her, but of hurting her).

9. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I'm hoping in two weeks; they're pre-empted next week by the Golden Globes.

10. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    What's going on with the cycles of rage? I initially thought it was a certain time of night but then he had the problem in the day (the bathroom light flickered). And why does he only flicker the lights some of the time? Still developing?

11. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    I don't think this is early, I really believe that the way they referred (last week) to the remaining 4 episodes (now 3) as Finale leads me to believe they are trying to wrap up the whole thing.

I was telling my wife that I really enjoyed this show and I would like to see more like it. Whole story arcs that only go a single season.

I still think back to John Doe and wish they could have wrapped it up.

I am looking forward to seeing all the questions answered.

12. bro1ncos

bro1ncos New Member

Aug 2, 2004
    How is it that no one in the Myles camp has seen the MSNBC report? I realize we need to suspend reality to an entent, but the show tries to make it that the video of the deep is so wide spread, but then they also show that the other side is oblivious that other people may know something about this.

Still like the show and am wondering how it will turn out.

13. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    too busy listening to mp3s or having sex i'm sure

14. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    So what do you think the endgame is? Do you think the creature was engineered in order just to create the creature, or was it to create super humans like Miles seems to be turning into? If it was not to create super humans, do you think that was an unintended side effect?

Was the "I prefer the term engineered" over "designed" line a jab at the intelligent design theory?

I don't see the writers wrapping this whole thing up in the next three episodes. There is just so much more potential to the story and they've barely scratched the surface. Nim is still a baby for crying out loud. Miles still has to go all Neverending Story, the underwater version. ;)

15. Kevdog

Kevdog New Member

Apr 18, 2001
    Seattle
    A former teenager or a former geek? ;)

16. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    HO HO HO....I get it... :D

17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Former teenager, duh. I assumed that went without saying!

18. stantonl

stantonl New Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Eagle River, Ak
    I just hope this show is not ending in three more ep. I've come to really enjoy it. Glad to see miles show interest in the girl.

19. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    Do ya suppose the show has already gone way beyond the producers/writers expectations already?

Maybe they, the writer's, haven't developed it enough to be able to show the network scripts leading to a green light for a full season.

The biggest reach for me this episode is the looking thru the skylight thing. What do they have their own steerable spy satellite?

20. Jeeters

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Why not? *Somebody* has to build them for the governent. They could have made one for themselves or have a back door into the ones they built for the government. btw, Walmart has the largest private satellite system in the U.S., Of course Walmart's are just 'communications' satellites. Yeah. Sure they are. :)

When this show gets 'farfetched', it doesn't bother me at all. The writers are simply trying to 'spin a good yarn' to entertain; they're not trying to write a 'what if' reality fiction like Tom Clancy or something.