Supsend service

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by cmeinck, Mar 24, 2008.

1. cmeinck

cmeinck Member

Sep 18, 2003

Advertisements

Is there a maximum number of times that someone can suspend service during the course of a year?

2. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    I seem to recall that there's a minimum period of active service that is now required between suspensions, and yes, that there may be a maximum number of times that service can be suspended (along with a maximum period of suspended time for each suspension).

You might try asking the same question over at http://www.dbstalk.com in the DirecTV area as folks there have discussed the issue in the past and some of the members there are more in tune with current DirecTV practices.

Best of luck to you!

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I have no idea, maybe a call to DirecTV can get you an exact answer. :)

Is there a reason why you're asking this?

4. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Oh, one other thing I'm fairly confident of -- if you suspend service the suspended time will not count towards any service requirements you have.

In other words, if you are obligated to go 2 years because you just got a nice new HD DVR from DirecTV, then you suspend service after a month and keep it suspended for 2 months, when you restart the service the clock resumes with 2 years - 1 month already done rather than having the clock counted down to 2 years - 3 months.

In the past customers were able to suspend service and have the suspended period count towards obligations. That has been fixed and you can no longer keep the obligation clock counting down through suspended service periods.

5. bigpuma

bigpuma Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2003
    Morgan Hill, CA

Advertisements

He may get an answer by calling DirecTV but the chance that it is correct is probably small. :D

6. incog-neato

incog-neato ObamaGuy

Sep 17, 2007
    The Cold...
    Suspend time does NOT count towards your agreement. The agreement requires 24 months of programming at a minimum cost of $29.99/month.

7. cmeinck

cmeinck Member

Sep 18, 2003
    You are correct sir!

I suspended my service prior to the start of the MLB season, thinking that FIOS would actually deliver on their word of offering Extra Innings. Considering it's opening day, it's time to activate my D* service again. I was curious if there was a limit to amount of times you could turn on/off. Given the overflow of the MLB season into Sunday Ticket, I'll probably suspend when football concludes.

At this rate, I'll probably fulfill my commitment by the time FIOS has an opportunity to offer Sunday Ticket.:D