Support for free Hulu, or only paid-for Hulu Plus

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by bsmith1051, Jun 7, 2011.

1. bsmith1051

bsmith1051 Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Now that they have the Hulu app working does it allow you to access the free content, i.e., without subscribing to Hulu Plus?

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    No, Hulu content has separate PC-only license different than Hulu+ content as they explain at their site. Until that changes Hulu+ is worthless to me, especially as in addition to poor content choices and monthly charges you are still subject to commercials as well. BTW, use search and you will find lots of threads on this subject.

3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Yeah, it's utterly asinine, but that's how Hulu works. Pay more, get less... except that you can watch it on your TV. As though you couldn't hook up a PC to your TV.

4. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    At least most of us got a free month of Hulu+ to check out if it is worth it or not. For me it looks like it will not be worth continuing.

I have a PC permanently connect to my TV so I do get to pick from everything Hulu has but to watch shows in HD causes way to much buffering on my DSL and I am not sure there is much there that interests me other than a few Syfy shows that are available through the free Hulu service anyway.

I am sure people who get into old moves will find it more useful but that isn't my thing.

5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Hulu is only SD from the PC, unless you have Hulu+