Supernatural "Time is on My Side" OAD 5-8-08 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Peter000, May 9, 2008.

1. May 9, 2008 #1 of 27
    Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN

Advertisements

Just wanted to say AWESOME episode. :) I'm really looking forward to the season finale next week.

That doctor was FREAKY. And the scene where he extracted the guys heart was excruciatingly well done. Great SFX.

2. May 9, 2008 #2 of 27
    nirisahn

nirisahn Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    This has to be one of the best episodes ever. I couldn't watch some of the scenes with the doctor. Remember when you were a kid and watched horro movies through your fingers because you had your eyes covered? That's what I was doing last night. It was great!

3. May 9, 2008 #3 of 27
    needo

needo New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    My wife had zombie nightmares last night after watching this due to the doctor.

4. May 9, 2008 #4 of 27
    Peter000

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I don't blame her. It was pretty horrible... I think it was the fact that the victims were all awake during the process was the worst part.

5. May 9, 2008 #5 of 27
    sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...

Advertisements

Dude, was he going to scoop out Sam's eyes with a cookie dropper thingy?

6. May 9, 2008 #6 of 27
    needo

needo New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Yes, yes he was.... *shiver*. I can watch any thing except if it has to do with eyes. :)

7. May 9, 2008 #7 of 27
    Peter000

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    At least he DIDN'T use the cookie dropper.

I was riveted when he was cracking open that guy's chest offscreen. Just those sounds... ugh.

8. reddice

reddice Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Brooklyn NY
    It seems like when Sam is in trouble with the Doctor, Dean always gets there just in time. Bela had a contract on her head two. Looking at next weeks previews I don't think Dean is going to make it. I think that next season Sam will be the only one for a few episodes trying to get Dean out of hell. Should be interesting.

9. ovr8ted

ovr8ted New Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I don't watch the "next week on, , , " so thanks for spoilerizing in the future ;)

This show is quite possibly the only show that has not lost momentum and actually gained a little since the writer's strike (Although I have not watched the last 3 episodes of LOST so maybe that is running strong also).

I still think GhostFacers was the best ep. this season but Doc McDusty was certainly a great freak with a good tie to the storyline of Dean's demise.

It's a little upsetting that they expanded Bella's character only to kill her off. Yes, she did need more depth, and her history certainly gave her that. But now she's gone, so that seemed a little like a waste.

10. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    When Sam had his eyes pulled open, did anyone get a Clockwork Orange feeling?

11. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i have a secret....ill sell it to you for free....just turn away or keep on surfin tcf when the oogie parts come up :)

12. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    We never saw her die, so who knows...and in this show, death isn't always the end anyway.

13. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I agree - if anything, Supernatural has been on a long and steady incline since its pilot episode. It started good, but is now one of my favorite shows. It is also the only show I've seen that acknowledged the writer's strike (it was mentioned at the beginning of the Ghostfacers episode). LOST has been doing great as well, IMHO.

Great, freaky character. He would have been even more unsettling if I hadn't been distracted by the thought that he kind of looked like Jan Michael Vincent.

The following is spoiler-ed because it provides third-party info about Bela:
    Apparently the character wasn't tracking well with audiences. That, plus budgetary cutbacks, led the producers to decide to cut her character. At least that's what was reported on the most recent "Television Zombies" podcast.

14. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Well, I think she got what she deserved. She very coldly put bullets into what she thought were Sam and Dean without any remorse at all. THEN, she has the nerve to beg Dean for help over the phone. His countdown for her meeting with the hell hounds was justified. Who was she talking to on the telephone when she said, "It worked."?

15. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    IIRC, she said that after finding the receipt with the motel name. It seems like she would have been talking to Lilith...

16. nirisahn

nirisahn Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    I'm suprised they didn't burn the creepy doctor up or something else that might have been permanent. Sealing him in a grave like that leaves the door open for somebody to accidentally release him in the future, and then they have to deal with him all over again. Or maybe the writers want it that way.

17. jking

jking Become who you are.

Mar 23, 2005
    Kentucky
    Speaking of which, that scene really got to me. Being buried alive has always been my worst nightmare, so much so that I have told my family I wish to be cremated.

18. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    So you're OK with being burned alive? :eek:

19. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    You may find this interesting, then.

Fear of being buried alive has been a part of society for as long as we have been burying our dead. In the Victorian era, individuals were sometimes buried with strings tied around their fingers. The strings were connected to above-ground bells, so that the 'not-dead-yet' could signal if buried prematurely. Thus the birth of the expression "saved by the bell" (separately used in boxing, as well).

20. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I was a sissy and had to FFwd through the grisly scenes.

How can Sam and Dean afford these high gas prices? Are they still running financial scams?