Supernatural - "Sharp Teeth" - 1/28/14

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Jan 29, 2014.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Well. I don't have much to say about this episode. I'm just gonna go over here and cry over that last scene.

2. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    So is Garth gone for good.
    I mean, yes he could reappear but will he or is he just going to live his werewolf life and raise a litter?

And you'd think that Dean would a least be a little more relaxed around "good" monsters after his blood brother bit with Benny.

I think that Dean really needs to question some of the life lessons that John Winchester imparted onto him.
    Sam has a point when he says, "Family, what does that mean?"

I don't think Dean really understands why Sam is so angry with him.

Also, I note that Dean reenforced his belief that he isn't going to get out of this alive.

At least Dean told Sam the truth about the Mark of Cain.

3. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Thank you for making an actual post. I'm sorry mine sucked. :p

Yes, I think Garth is gone. Yeah he could come back but I'd rather him stay gone than him come back only to be killed off.

I think Dean's nervousness is because of Benny. Remember even though he shared a good brother bond with him, in the end he learned Benny had fallen off the wagon: thus reinforcing his previous belief that monsters are bad. Not to mention, this wasn't just one, it was an entire pack.

I was annoyed at first that he didn't say the words I'm sorry when it seemed he might. Then I realized it's because he's not actually sorry for it. And you're right he doesn't understand why Sam is so angry. I definitely think Dean needs to actually tell Sam that although he would do it again and again because he cannot survive without him that he's sorry he tricked him. And actually ask for forgiveness instead of always laying on the "we're family" guilt trip. It hurts to watch it but it's probably good that Sam isn't letting him off with the "let's get a couple of W's under our belt and move passed this" thing. They've been there done that too many times.

BUT YES Dean didn't even hesitate on telling Sam about the mark of Cain. I'm not sure if that makes me relieved that he didn't hide it like they do everything or if it just makes me more nervous for how that is going to play out further along. Clearly that won't be for nothing this season.

Also last week and this week both broke viewer numbers. Most watched episodes of SPN in 4 years. HAHA Sorry Jared and Jensen, hope you didn't want out next season!

4. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Of course, it was up against Obama on all the networks this week. ;)

5. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Last week AND this week. ;)

6. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I suppose that there's no reason that Garth still couldn't be the new Bobby, at least in terms of the phone calls to the FBI and the like.

One thing that I would be pissed about if I was Sam would be that Dean doesn't trust Sam enough to make his own decisions.
    It is an outgrowth of their co-dependent relationship and how Dean must be terrified to be alone (or without family).

Sure, they have a admirable relationship in terms of they've (literally) been to Hell and back for each other but I also see the dysfunction as well.

I thought that if they got ten seasons, the prevailing thinking was "Ten and done".

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Then again, it was five and done, until it wasn't.

As long as the show is successful, they'll keep making it. And I suspect J&J will keep re-signing...I get the feeling they probably suspect this is the peak of their careers.

8. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Did Sam just leave his new car in the parking lot?

The show doesn't even pretend to show how Sam and Dean finance themselves any more. It always bothered me that early seasons had them be financial scam artists. Have I forgotten an episode in which they hit the Mega Millions or Power Ball lotteries or is this just a forgotten and best ignored plot point.

9. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    I assumed it was just a stolen car anyways, isn't that what they did in the past when they needed wheels?

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I suspect in this age of identity theft/con man scumbags who are hated by everybody, it became inconvenient to admit that basically Sam & Dean are like those guys. Only lovable.

But they couldn't come up with a plausible alternative. So they let them keep being lovable scumbags, but just never admit it any more. ;)

(One of those things that seemed cute until you thought about it, and then it was too late.)

11. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004

Maybe they are using the Men of Letters bank accounts. Those things must have years and years of accumulated interest just waiting to be used.

The bunker has magic power and water service, so why not a magic money machine.

12. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    The show is so far out there that if I concentrate too much on little details like this, it'll make me hate everything.

It was so much simpler in the early seasons.

13. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yes, but when a show goes on for this long, it eventually has problems maintaining profitability due to rising expenses.
    Season 11 might be too expensive for the CW.
    (I suspect one reason they did introduce the MOL Lair was to save money and have at least one permanent set around.)

I had thought that the Men of Letters accounts would have compounded nicely and that's how I'd wave off the financial questions.

14. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    Haven't they reused the "Bobby's House" set a whole bunch of times? Wasn't Cain's house Bobby's house?

15. KenDC

KenDC Huggy Bear

Jun 18, 2001
    Fredericksbu...
    I miss Crowley when he is not in the show now. The devil you know...as Dean said.

I kind of wish they would have continued down that story path.

16. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    It was! Good catch. I didn't realize it until Jared tweeted it during the episode.