Supernatural Season 10 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, May 29, 2015.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    ************SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD*************

How's this?
    Now don't make me look foolish in here alone!

2. ehusen

ehusen Geek not Nerd

Jan 7, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    Hmmmm, I must admit I was wondering where the Supernatural discussion thread was and if photoshopgrl was even still around. I lurk a lot more than I post. Oh well, I'll try to contribute.

I do enjoy the show and have watched for several years. I do feel it's gotten a bit, well, "tired" and the episodes seems to be starting to run together. I think that is inevitable with a show running 10 years though.

No big surprise they get the mark off but it causes an even bigger issue. Again, that's okay, I don't need a big surprise ending.

I really enjoy Crowley and hope he isn't killed off. I just love all the parts that actor (Mark Sheppard) plays. Since he is so popular I really doubt he will be. I've always enjoyed Castiel's character as well and his naivete.

And I hate Rowena, which I guess is their goal. But she isn't likeable at all, I just want her to get offed as soon as possible. I guess I don't like the fact that she mistreated and abandoned her kid. That's just not cool at all. There's evil and then there's "EVIL". Crowley is bad but occasionally he's actually quite a decent fellow. Villains need to have a strain of goodness in them to be interesting. The best villains are the ones that think they are doing "good" from their point of view.

I think at it's heart, Supernatural is the quintessential "cop buddy flick", but with monsters instead of criminals.

I hope "Death" isn't dead. He seemed like an okay guy just trying to do his job (maintaining the natural order of things and all) not necessarily evil.

I kind of hope that it's made clear that season 11 is the last and the writers have some time to bring in a little closure for the characters.

Okay back to lurking...

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Wasn't it just renewed for two years?

Or was that last year?

4. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    It's only been renewed through season 11 but they are in negotiations for season 12. I'm not really that confident though as the ratings seemed to dropped quite a bit the second half of the season.
    http://stvplus.com/show/154/Supernatural#episodes
    Opposed to last season where they were steady mostly the entire season. The finale this season didn't even raise them. Sigh. The end is here I think.

5. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    You didn't find that surprising? I thought it was the most surprising cliffhanger in awhile. Maybe since season 4 since that is what it reminded me of. But here's to a nice start for the next instead of how they lamed their way out of things in the season 5 opener ;)

Funny because as I said in the last thread I commented in, I started out hating her. I thought she was a terrible character and I thought the acting choices made were awful as well. I wanted her gone almost immediately. But somewhere along the way that changed for me and by the finale she was one of my favorite things about the last few episodes. Maybe it was her snark and the hilariously over the top facial expressions.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    By all means continue talking!!!

6. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I've been waiting to say this for a couple of weeks now.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Not Charlie!

(I'll be back with more later)

7. ehusen

ehusen Geek not Nerd

Jan 7, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    Dang! I had blocked out that part. Yeah it was a bummer. I've always liked Felicia Day, I would choose her to be the kid sister I never had. It seems that being friends with the Winchesters is not a healthy option, unless you are an Angel or the Devil, and even then it's often not so great.

Although, they killed her character on Eureka and brought her back. And on Supernatural, death is no guarantee you are off the show...

8. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Yeah suddenly Castiel is useless when they need him to be. He apparently can no longer locate humans at will? I thought they burned Enochian crap on the Winchester ribs so angels couldn't locate them? Unless the fall from heaven bit left them unable. I honestly can't keep track of this stuff anymore which is sad because I should be like a SPN vault by now.

Also even if he couldn't locate her, he still could have been able to bring her back like he's done with several others especially since they made a point of getting him his grace back and saying he was at "full power" or whatever. Even Gadriel in weakened form inside Sam was able to do this.

I'm just a bitter bitter person they keep killing off all the females I like. Still not happy that Abaddon is gone too. She was such a great nemesis for everyone. I fully expect now that I like Rowena she'll be gone sooner rather than later. :mad::thumbsdown:

9. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    By the way, how did Rowena gain so much power in the end? Was it something the book of the dead gave her?

10. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    She took the Codex from the grand coven and now has the Book of the Damned. Those two combined make her pretty damn powerful.

11. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'm still (mildly) annoyed that they killed off Meg and Jo.
    (Not to mention Bobby.)

And every time Jody shows up, I half expect her to kick the bucket.
    (Add Claire to that list now too.)

This season has seemed meandering to me. I like it a lot but I don't quite love it.
    It took too long to establish Rowena as a true Big Bad and what was with the side trips with Metatron?

I think that writer turnover has taken a toll and the current crew don't seem to be able to generate as cohesive a season as previous ones.

I think so. I don't think she would have sacrificed Oskar if she didn't get something big out of it.

12. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I think killing off Charlie was a big mistake honestly. Every time they kill off a favorite female guest they lose viewers. A lot of them. People were mad about Meg 2.0 but understood because Rachel requested off the show due to her illness. But everyone else has just been for shock value. And the biggest mistake they keep trying to semi correct was Bobby. They have made any and every excuse since then to have him show up.

I think the writers are on Twitter having far too much interaction with fans then trying to write to please them not realizing those fans aren't the overall viewership for this show. They are a small percentage of obsessive fans. I'd dare say over 50% of the viewers don't even know the writers names let alone follow them on Twitter.

I dunno guys, I'm sad to say but season 11 may very well be the last. I honestly thought it would go at least to 12 especially when I found out they were in negotiations mid season 10 for it but now......... not so much. :thumbsdown:

13. ncbill

ncbill Active Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Western NC
    I wish they'd figure out some way to bring Mrs. P back, she was my favorite demon.

14. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I wish I remembered who Mrs. P was.

I'm really tired of Sam and DEan doing stuff behind the other's back. Sam got Charlie killed. Well, not really. Charlie got Charlie killed but Sam was the reason she was involved in the first place.

Next season they're going to fight the primordial evil that God defeated? Good luck with that.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Hey, if God can do it... :D

16. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    I've had it with the Winchester's "save my brother whatever the cost" attitude. Everyone else in the world can die as long as my brother is OK. Charlie was the last straw.

17. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Wasn't the original plan for Supernatural 5 or 6 years? And then it was to end? The writers have done a pretty good job of keeping it interesting but I felt the show had run its course when it was originally scheduled to end. I hate the actress/character Charlie, glad she is gone. Have this weird desire for Rowena, lol. I do like the actors but its time for the boys to move on to something else.

18. ozzman73

ozzman73 Home Made

Nov 27, 2006
    I agree with the sentiments above about being tired with Sam and Dean doing stuff behind their backs and the writers killing off great female characters.

More than anything, and it may a byproduct of having different writers, is the fact of lack of acknowledgement of the past. Being in hell, purgatory, becoming weapons of mass destruction, all forgotten when a minor baddie of the week comes to wreak havoc in town.

Overall this is the big problem when you keep elevating "The Mission" to be greater than what it can possibly be. Season 5 should have it, would have been a great wrap. But no, next season we'll see the boys battling Cthulhu

19. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I agree with you, but I'd also be very okay with seeing next season shift away from the whole Judeo-Christian Angel/Demon thing and toward Cthulhu/Lovecraft/Outer Gods/Elder Gods/Great Old Ones. I think that could make for a pretty cool season, actually. (I'm assuming your last sentence was tongue-in-cheek and not based off of info that next season actually does have Cthulhu as the big bad).

ETA: Apparently there was a Lovecraftian episode already, in Season 6. I don't remember seeing it.

20. ozzman73

ozzman73 Home Made

Nov 27, 2006

Completely tongue-in-cheek. It was the whole, ancient-unspeakable-evil part.