Supernatural - "Road Trip" - 1/15/14

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Jan 15, 2014.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    "Hello Boys"

Crowley is awesome. Abaddon is awesome. Can these two become the spin off?

Now with that out of the way. WOW this was a huge episode. The beginning with Kevin getting a hunter's funeral with Dean all by himself doing it was just sad. And him freaking out in the MOL Library was even more sad. He's not getting over that guilt for awhile.

I have so much more to say but I am so swamped here today I can't seem to finish a thought. Tell me yours and I'll come back and revisit mine after work!

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I couldn't decide if you would be weepy or pissed off by the separation at the end.

Maybe both? ;)

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Jeez, I'm tired of Sam and Dean being mad at each other.

Crowley, Abbadon and Castiel. That would be a fun show. I hope they and the Winchesters team up to take Metatron down.

4. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Yes! So predictable but so frustrating. These two, man. How many times will it take for them to learn they are not stronger apart they are weaker (quoting Dean in S5 for God's sake). And now we get the obligatory episode or two of them apart then back hunting together under duress then something big will happen that will have them sacrificing all over again. Rinse repeat. I say that now so casually but I can't lie, Sam saying "but don't go thinking that's the problem cuz it's not" made me choke back a sob. I was good until that moment.

Now for other things because so much happened. Crowley wanted a massage from Kevin! Dean's face when he says "Yeah, I ain't rubbing you!" Crowley possessing Sam and telling him that he didn't kill Kevin. Sam kicking Gadreel's ass and saying GET OUT was about as fantastic as it gets. Castiel and Crowley fighting over shotgun was awesome too.

I was really sad to see Gadreel kill his friend though. I was kind of hoping they'd make it harder to root against him. I mean, they are making him much more sympathetic than he should be given that he's hijacked Sam, killed Kevn and now his friend and others. But he did pretty much heal Sam while in there it seems and I do believe he really believes Metatron.

5. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    When does Dean ever get over guilt?
    He's got oodles of guilt piled upon oodles of guilt.

The thing is, I think that this is really the most justified Sam has ever been in being angry with Dean.

It is a tribute to the characterization that we know exactly why Dean did what he did and why Sam is so pissed.

And that makes it all the more so gut wrenching.

I hadn't realized that Gad had absconded with the Impala and while Cas' hoopty amused me, what happened to all those other vehicles in the Batlair's garage?