Supernatural 5/4/16 "Don't Call Me Shurley"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, May 4, 2016.

1. May 4, 2016 #1 of 16
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

Has there been such a literal Deux Ex Machina ending since ancient Greek theater? :D

2. May 4, 2016 #2 of 16
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Fantastic!!

I loved Chuck as God and the whole reveal and development thru the show. Then the end. Oh my. When he was singing/playing the guitar, it was just amazing. What a great show!

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  3. May 5, 2016 #3 of 16
    JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Well, there was the Season 4 opener when God put Sam and Dean on that plane.

I always thought that Chuck wouldn't reveal himself as God to Sam and Dean until one of the last episodes of the series but here we are.

It's a very well done episode and it portrays a God that has human foibles (and bisexual to boot).
    Interesting use of Metatron too.

I laughed when Chuck talked about his new project, "Revolution".

4. May 5, 2016 #4 of 16
    photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I wanted to start this thread last night but I was just too tired. :eek:

WOW I think this is the best episode of the season. Definitely one of my favorite of the series. I have a massive soft spot for Rob since his stroke too, having seen him just hours before that happened and now look at him. You'd never even know. In case you all want to download/listen to that song again here you go.:up:

I love that he revealed himself as God. I also loved that Rob was finally able to show some acting chops as Chuck/God. He was so comical, almost a joke as Chuck until now.

The amulet showing back up! I thought it would be fanservice if it came back and it was to a degree but they also kept with continuity and at least gave an explanation why it didn't work previously. I liked how he put it in Sam's pocket and let Dean find it and then it glowed. "I think we should talk"......you think??

Metatron didn't annoy me for once. There really is a God.

Also last but not least, who wants to see his cat blog besides me? :D

and haha
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  5. May 5, 2016 #5 of 16
    sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...

Advertisements

one of my favorite lines, roughly:
    "I know that look, my editor had that look when I turned in the draft for 'Bugs'"

6. May 5, 2016 #6 of 16
    b_scott

b_scott TiVo Fan

Nov 27, 2006
    chicago, il
    so I never saw The Chitters. in Chicago it was preempted by Cubs, and then somehow when it aired it never recorded. Anyone in Chicago have the same problem? Watching that one now on the CW app.

edit: ok so I think what happened is the Cubs were rained out (I was supposed to go) and then the CW played Supernatural anyway but Tivo didn't know of the last minute change of course.

7. May 5, 2016 #7 of 16
    JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Holy Cow!
    I had no idea Benedict had a stroke so I just read up about it via Google.
    He's made a very good recovery.

8. May 5, 2016 #8 of 16
    sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...
    I had the same problem. My schedule showed Arrow and Supernatural showing in the middle of the night. I padded both of them by an hour. Arrow ended up completely airing before the schedule showed it and Supernatural was recording on my Arrow recording.

9. May 5, 2016 #9 of 16
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    LOL I saw what is in your spoiler when watching the show and laughed and laughed.

I didn't know about the stroke. I did know he played guitar - seen that on many facebook Supernatural pages. Him and Jensen. (Please tell me you have seen Jensen doing Eye of the Tiger with Baby? )

I also agree for once Metatron didn't annoy me. Usually I just grit my teeth when he is on screen. I haven't liked the actor since way back in the days of Risky Business.

Great job on all counts.

10. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Oh sorry I didn't realize it wasn't common knowledge. Yeah it was really scary stuff. Richard is the one that rushed him to the hospital so he's who everyone has to thank for his quick thinking and acting. But yeah like it never happened. It's quite remarkable!

Yes of course I've seen the Eye of the Tiger thing! :)
    Rob also has an actual band called Louden Swain (yes named after that movie) and they are really good. They now play at all the conventions as the "house band" but they have real music out, a few albums if I'm not mistaken. Rob has a fantastic voice.

Oh speaking of Rob and the stroke, he performed this at Toronto hours before that happened during his panel acapella on the spot. I had chills in person. AMAZING

11. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I would like to see this:

Dean: Can I ask you a question?

Chuck: Of course.

Dean: Why are all the angels except for Cas, such dicks?

12. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Well, he did remind Metatron that he's put Cas back together numerous times, so maybe he got it right with practice?

13. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Turned him from a dick into a *****?

14. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    :eek::D

15. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Good question. Good question.

Cas was a bit of a...well...not dick...but at least a lot gruffer the first times we met him. That deep gravely voice and that look he could give the boys.

And what is with the suits and ties among both angels and demons. Only a few of them don't wear them.

16. reddice

reddice Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Brooklyn NY
    I hate when they do that. Why not show local sports on those useless rerun cop TV my Network channels.

WPIX in NY only preempt in May usually with the season finale but they do replay it on Saturday or Sunday night not 3AM in the morning. Also at least I have next day Hulu viewing too.